0 comments

Fantasy Mystery

It happened one evening; I had been sitting for hours in front of an old antique mirror with a classic wooden frame when these words suddenly popped out of my mouth, “I’m going to buy it.”

And everything started with that; it was about one year ago.

I have not been interested in collecting big pieces of antiques as I do not have a place to display them. As an antiquarian, all those old stores on an ancient street in my hometown have always been an endless world of wonders for me, especially on the weekends when I walk in and out and, at times, find some small, affordable unique items for my collection.

But that day, when I entered my favorite store, a weird feeling pulled me into a dark, empty corner. It felt like someone was staring at me and calling me.

I turned towards the corner, took a few steps, and found myself in front of a standing old wooden framed mirror. I was sure that the corner had been empty the previous Sunday.

All of a sudden, a strange feeling filled my mind, and I remembered that I had seen the mirror before. It felt like Deja vu, but after a few seconds, I realized that it had been from one of my many strange dreams.

I stopped right there and thought for a while. I was sure something had called me, and it had to do with the mirror. I saw a stool nearby and sat in a quiet corner of that antique store. I found myself staring at the mirror, at my reflection in that mirror.

After less than an hour, I felt a black mist surrounding my mirror reflection. Nobody was beside me and everything else suddenly disappeared, except the mirror and I. It was a weird and slightly scary feeling.

I didn’t dare to turn my head away; it was like a self-hypnotism experience I had before. Something held me in that position, and it didn’t even let me blink.

I was looking into my eyes, which were staring at me half-opened. It was a scary feeling but also spiritual, like a kind of meditation. I wasn’t aware of the time and was just there by myself.

Suddenly, a shadowy thing moved inside the mirror! Or I thought so. At first, I told myself it was my imagination, but after a few minutes, it happened again! And this time I saw a figure inside it! I swear it! I saw a woman’s face. A shiny white face but with extraordinary eyes! Two eyes full of fire and blue water!

The vision happened suddenly and disappeared in a few seconds, so I wasn’t sure if it was an imagination or hallucination following the meditative-like experience. But I heard a “Hey” in the middle of my analysis! I’m sure I heard it!

“Hey. You! Can you hear me?!” Someone said from inside the mirror!

A wave filled my body, but I tried to calm myself and listened again.

But I heard nothing! And I drowned myself in my reflection in the mirror again.

After about an hour, when I was finally my real self again, I found that it was already night, and I was sitting there alone looking at the weird old mirror, which I estimated to be more than a few hundred years old.

I was waiting for that feeling again when the young, handsome shop manager appeared next to me and pulled me out of that feeling.

“Oh! You’re still here, Sir!” he continued, “I thought the store was empty.”

“Yeah. I’m still here.” I finally came out while still looking at the mirror.

“You want me to ask my staff to put the mirror under proper light?” He asked when he saw my insistent stare at the mirror.

I wanted to experience that feeling again, so I said. “No, this is ok. Direct light will kill the feeling I’m getting from it.”

“Oh, ok. Sure,” and he left me alone there.

I saw my reflection inside it again, but without anything strange this time. I wanted that feeling again, so I told myself I had to buy it.

I called that young man and told him, “I’m going to buy it.”

I paid the price without hesitation and asked him to send the mirror to my apartment that night.

I opened my eyes and saw my therapist looking at her timer. “I’m listening. Proceed, please.”

A few hours later, I was sitting in front of the mirror in my living room. I felt that we were staring at each other.

I was sure that the face I saw and the voice I heard that night in that store couldn’t be my imagination or hallucination. I saw the face of a beautiful young woman.

Days after day, the more I spent time in front of it, the more I wanted to see her again.

Finally, I got tired of sitting there and staring at it. “Screw you,” I said to it one night after feeling stupid to be wasting my time in front of it.

“Screw you.” I heard her!

I was shocked but smiling at the same time. I’m sure I heard her voice; I wasn’t sleepy or under a drug or anything else. “Did you say something?” I asked her.

And nothing, no reply. Long, deep silence again.

The long, dull days it turned into weeks and a few months.

One heaty summer night, I woke up thirsty and walked into the kitchen to drink something cold.

Suddenly, I felt the same feeling I had the first time I saw the mirror in the antique store! I entered the living room instead, stopped before the mirror, and stared at it for about an hour. Nothing happened, so I went back to sleep.

Less than an hour later, I awoke after hearing something from the living room.

“Hey, are you awake?!”

I could feel her presence in my apartment! “Who are you?!” I asked.

“I’m me. From inside this old mirror,” she replied!

I jumped out of my bed in a second, and my body started to shake when I saw a beautiful young woman naked in the mirror. She was covering her genitals and breasts with her long hair.

“Hi!” My mouth opened suddenly.

She laughed loudly. “Hey.”

“I was sure I saw you there on the first day,” I said proudly.

“Good for you, now. Please let me have something and cover myself,” she replied.

“Can you come out of there?!” I asked.

“I’ll let you know when you bring me a cover,” she answered.

I quickly grabbed a towel, but she wasn't there when I returned to the mirror!

“Hey! Where are you?!” I asked and continued staring at the mirror.

“I’m right here.” She continued, “Right behind you!”

Her voice was coming from behind me!  Oh! My God! I was right! A woman was inside the mirror, and she was behind me now! Excitedly, I turned towards her. Her hand was extended for the towel, and I could see her beautiful breasts for a while.

“Aren’t they perfect?!” She asked as she covered herself.

“What?” I replied.

“My breasts! You enjoy looking at them?!” she laughed.

“Yes. They’re unbelievably perfect and beautiful.” I answered and tried to be precise.

She turned around and looked at my apartment. “It’s not bad,” she said.

“What is?!” I asked.

“I’m talking about your place,” she continued. “Look, I don’t have much time, and I should go back inside the mirror after we finish. But, first, let me wash away the dust from my body after all this time," she said while looking for something. “Water will help me to level my body with your world. Then we can sleep together and make a baby,” she continued.

“Er..? The bathroom is there,” I said while trying to figure out her strange talk.

I couldn’t believe the situation! The woman from nowhere was with me in my place! She was showering in my bathroom! And the weirdest was she wanted to sleep with me! Soon, she was in front of me again before I could digest all the strange things.

“Don’t make it so dramatic, and don’t promise romance to yourself. We need half an hour to make the baby; then, I will return to where I came from,” she said.

“Where are you from?” I finally asked.

“It’s not your business,” she replied, grabbed my hand, and walked towards my bedroom. “Enough talking,” she said and pulled me into the bed.

I don't have any vivid memories of that weird lovemaking or making a baby, as she called it. But I remember a few orgasms from both parties, especially the one when she was trying to strangle me with her hands around my neck. That was the moment I saw her unforgettable orgasmic face and, most importantly, her enormous white wings! They were so big, and my bedroom was going to …

“Continue, please.” I heard my therapist's voice again.

When I woke up that night, I saw her walking towards the living room; her body was naked but without any wings.

“Remember, don’t talk with anybody about me,” she laughed and continued, “no one will believe your story anyway.”

“It’s enough for now.” The therapist said abruptly. Then she paused and wrote something in her notebook. She continued, “If you let yourself drown in this story, it will be hard for me to help you.”  

“But I’m telling you the truth,” I replied.

“I need time to digest this,” she answered.

“I don’t blame you; it’s hard to believe, even for myself,” I said.

A few months later, I was back with my therapist.

I didn’t see her these few months until a few weeks ago when she told me that my baby had grown.

“Please stop with this unbelievable story!” my therapist said.

“Wait, I have someone else with me outside before you continue with your analysis,” I told her.

“Oh, I thought you were alone,” she was still writing. “Ok. Let's see what you have,” she continued.

I looked at her, and she seemed sure about it.

“Mayla! Come in, please.” I shouted.

The door opened, and my little girl appeared there. She was wearing black sunglasses so that people couldn’t see her eyes.

My therapist smiled at her. “Come here and sit next to him, Mayla,” she invited.

Mayla walked in, quickly reached out to me, and sat beside me.

“May I ask you to take off those sunglasses?” I said. I felt Mayla’s small hand holding mine. I put my arms around her and said, “It’s ok.”

Mayla took off the sunglasses, and when the therapist saw her eyes, her body started to shake, and then she just froze behind her desk.

“Daddy, can I take off this stupid outfit? It’s hurting my back.” Mayla asked. “Sure, love,” I replied.

I helped her with that, and suddenly, one of her beautiful wings covered my face.

November 25, 2023 04:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.