0 comments

Adventure Christian Teens & Young Adult

Gloriously quiet. Still.

Few distractions. Few nuisances.

Time to think. Reflect.

On what is important. Before what is unimportant begins to clog the mind. Take up space. Too much space. The ultimate result becomes forgetfulness. Spreading oneself too thin. With not enough to go around. When important matters arise. We have very little energy leftover, complain of being too “tired.”


Forgetfulness. “I forgot.” Nasty words. When intention behind them are simply to put someone “off.” Delay their lives to a point of destruction and devastation. Not the kind of inclusion that reigns supreme in the eyes of God.


He want us to come together. Honestly. Truthfully. Not just a “pass the time” kind of mentality. What happens? The rich get rich. The poor get poorer. The troubled middle becomes an un sturdy bridge on which to rely. An unsturdy bridge connection cannot connect that which has not looked in the mirror to assess motivations, intentions.


We all have faults, failings. We can put aside in the heat of the moment. Can we put them aside for the good of all? Do we even want to? . We can if we pay close attention. Listen. To our neighbors, friends, family. Help them along. No two people think the same. With all the communication tools nowadays, sometimes the message gets doubly lost. Sounding worse than it is. Better than it should be.


What may occur with this un-connectivity?

Someone may be left behind.

This is sad. This is lonely. This is not good.

The invitation to the dance has been lost in the mail.


Leaving someone else to pick up the slack. Causing some, some others to feel unimportant. As if they are a charitable case of no return. Keeping them boxed in. A life all too familiar. Progress is progress when everyone moves forward. It takes a level of astute recognition. However, when the mind is over occupied. Occupation seems, well, crowded with empty do gooders and keep the chair warm non commiters.


With the attention spans of a toddler. Rickasahay rabbiting from here to there….just to prove a point? Perhaps. Maybe. The long haul is a long haul. There arrive many, many bugs along the way. Will you be able to know them when you see them? For what they are. For what they are not?


The crowded mind can be a lonely place of never ending rumination. It does not have to be. The lives of many can be so helped with proper focus.


Proper focus.

Knowing.

The difference between wisdom and foolishness.


The meaning of life.

Grand preparations.

Wisdom. Foolishness.(pf)

Wisdom for life.

Good will.

Meetings to come.


Comes in the form of preparation.

He prepares us. Everyday. To have a good day. A new day. A wholesome day.For selves. For others.


It is good to be prepared.

Oil and water sometimes do not mix.

Image is everything. And. It can be nothing, too.

We all have an image we would like to project to the outside world.


Confidence. Strength. Good fortune. Why do we selfishly feel we need to cut in line? In front of others. “Show ‘em who is boss.’ Mean spirited-ness feeds off of itself…..whether you get the sandwich or not. When will we treat one another with all due respect.


Answer: When all due respect is earned.

We had all better get to work.

Hard work.

There is a mountain waiting to be scaled.

No one is immune.

No one is all green.


We need to take care of ourselves, yes.

We need to at least care to take care of our neighbors.


Image.

Our image.

Taking care of our image can be a full-time job, for some.

“They” say: Image is everything.


Take good care of one’s image?



Another approach to a life well lived.

Take care of what cannot be seen.

The stewardship of the inner life.

Stop.Listen to one’s own heart, thoughts and feelings.

Take note of what is happening within us.


Give up?


Look at the light in the eye of others.

Look at the gaze in another’s eyes.


The oil of eternal light.

Lights the lamp.


Action or activism?

Dedicate a little time everyday to prepare.

For a good life. For a good life for others.


Dedicate a time for care of the heart.

Honest and true service. Brings people together.Service to others.

Cherish the oil of the inner life. It helps to light the heart. For action.


It does not take a village.

It takes a strong and conscientious heart.

To look into the eyes of another. Look past the gaze and discern whether or not they struggle. We hide our inner struggle while we protect our image. At times, in the trusted hands of a good person we divulge our fears, our thoughts our failings.


We turn over our will to Him because he has good and trusted hands to guide us to a good and trusted place. A good and trusted existence. A stewardship for others in the eyes of Him.


There is so much. So much to distract our thoughts. Our laziness becomes our strength. This is a bad place to be. A bad place to exist. Says nothing about co-existing. We need to honestly be there for one another.


The early bird catches the worm because the worm does not “see it coming.” The worm is too “wormy”—able to wiggle its way out of this or that.


The early bird is an astute planner of all things good. Of all things quiet. Of all things for others. Procrastination can be a fickle friend. Tomorrow is another day becomes too habitual.The early bird has the advantage of the quiet, quiet world. To plan the day for the betterment of others. The early bird is quite competitive, too.


Well prepared.


The quiet helps.

The lack of distractions.

Some may say, well, the early bird gets the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheese.


Check in with the local nutritionist? The local dietician. Oil and water simply do not mix well together. One lights the lamp, yes. But, we all must wait our turn, stand in line sometimes.

Refer.

Defer.

To our friends in need.


There are no shortcuts.

There is some out smarting that can occur.

Just ask the bird, slirping down the plump and juicy worm.🙂



November 12, 2023 13:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.