2 comments

General

I woke up to the Sun shining in my eyes. I squinted and moved my head from the direction of the Sun, before I opened my eyes with a big smile on my face. The only way to wake up for me is with a big smile on my face. I made my way out of bed and walked over to the doorway of my twenty year old daughter's room. As I watched her gathering her things to go off to the beach with her friends. She looked up and saw me smiling at her.

"Morning Mom", she ran over and planted a big kiss on my cheek. "Morning Boo," I said stretching out my arms to give her a morning hug. "Off to the beach?" I asked already knowing the answer, it was all the young ones did mid summer. Especially, now when the weather was beautiful and Covid-19 world pandemic was still a big issue in the world. As she sat to braid her hair she asked, "Is that okay with you?" "I mean you didn't need me around here, did you?" she asked with the most genuine tone in her voice. I started to shake my head, "No no, you go have fun, tan until your hearts desire," I said. "Do have breakfast with me before you go, pancakes?" I knew she would comply. She loved my pancakes, green shake and coffee specialty. She nodded with a smile and turned up her music. "Yes mama, I am not leaving for another 45min or so," she said as she finished getting ready. "Excellent, Love you kid you make your mama happy," I said as I walked over to the kitchen to get started on our breakfast.

As I whipped up our green juice, with all the veggies I could find. I thought thank goodness for the wonderful daughter, I was so blessed to have. Though we have been on our own for fifteen years, she turned out to love life and respect me as I respected her. I gave her, her space knowing young people of today liked to be free and explore with their friends. All I asked of her was to not drink and drive and always call if she needed me to come get her from any situation she would be stuck in. And so far, so good. She was having fun and being a good kid. I wasn't her sargeant and didn't plan to act like it. I believed God gave each child as an individual and each family ran different to each other. And all situations were loved and welcomed. Being a Mom to a twenty year old in the year 2020 was not bad, I respected what she liked and what she didn't and she did the same for me. Never stepping on each others toes, just living and loving life. Journey came in to the kitchen, beach tote and keys in hand. Plopped herself at the table and started telling me about her adventures of the night before. I smiled laughed listened and inquired. It was fun to listen to her stories. There was nothing I would want more than to hear her tell me of all the fun she had. She never forgot about me and what I was going to do. "What are you going to do Mom?", she asked.

As I poured another coffee I said, "I think I will enjoy the yard, do some gardening and maybe go for a little bike ride."

"Okay, you okay with me going out?". "I will be home later, text you if I won't be home for dinner,"she said as she put her things in the sink, always cleaning her dishes before she left the house. Amazing child she was. She came over kissed me again, gave me a big hug and headed toward the door. I followed to say goodbye from the doorway. The day was beautiful as I stood on the grass, in my pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. "Have fun, be safe, love you and God bless you child," I blurted out as she rolled down her window. "Pardon?", she smiled. "Just kidding Mom, don't worry, love you and God bless you too". And just like that all the excitement of the morning left. Only I just realized it was closer to noon. Ah, my favorited type of days lazy with nowhere to be.

I started to get myself together and headed out to the backyard, my garden was small and pretty. A few of my favorite veggies, kale, spinach, celery, basil and a little cherry tomotoe corner. Perfect, ofcourse, it was all we really needed. We didn't eat a lot and it was easy to whip up a quick little pasta for the two of us. We were not overly picky and loved pasta, bread and dessert. Our meals were pretty simple. As the Sun shone down, I decided to climb the tree in to the treehouse for a little cool, meditation moment.

When I entered the treehouse there were a few leaves, I cleared out. I turned on the electric candles a little music, and sat on the yoga mat that lay on the ground. The Treehouse, was built by a friend of mine. It was luxurious, all the the fixings inside were white leather, all gifts from the local thrift shop, but like brand new. We had a little white leather sofa, a few white stools, with gold trim and comfy cushions. I was the only one that spent any time up here now, Journey, made good use of it as a young girl, but since she started to drive. She spent more time out with friends.

I placed myself on the mat and started to meditate, wishing saftety and love toward my daughter and the rest of the Universe. I started to drift off and felt like I was floating around the Universe. I was in a deep meditation and saw myself sprinkling gold sprinkles all over the city and then moving on to other parts of the Universe. I was floating on a white cushion crossed legged and smiling down below me at all I did see. I imagined I was sprinkling kindness and love throughout the Universe. And when I looked down, I could see people looking up and catching the gold sprinkles in their hands. And throwing it up in the air, to fall back down on them. The sky was night, but below me the earth was full of coloured lights and people were smiling and going about their business. I flowed above on this magical cushion, the wind blowing through my hair, creating a light breeze. As fell deeper in to meditation I felt like I never left that place. In my mind all in the world was beautiful and full of wonderful colours and wonderful people. Going about their business with smiles and love in their hearts. From my cushion, I was wishing the world love light and happiness.

Love light and happiness, I said over and over as I sprinkled gold dust upon the Universe and the people in it.

A dream to sprinkle gold dust upon the universe!

July 12, 2020 19:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Batool Hussain
05:12 Jul 21, 2020

Amazing! The title is creative enough to make anyone want to read it! Mind checking out my new story and sharing your views on it? Thanks.

Reply

Sheryl Reddy
19:47 Jul 21, 2020

Hi Batool, Thank you for your positive input and your positive energy. I read The Shape-Shifter very creative and nice thank you! I will definitely check out your story and get back to you. Thank you, Sheryl

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.