0 comments

East Asian Drama Sad

           The palace was crowding up with people who decorate the theatre with flower pots and other. The maids were getting happy to work for the consort Ruyi. Consort Ruyi was being the courage and kind woman in the palace. Every maids, guards, and servants loved her. But they all scared the queen.

In the east palace, the king was attending the parliament. The ministers were reporting the cases to the king. But the king's mind was not there. The prime minister who was the father of the queen notice. After the parliament, the prime minister headed towards the south palace to meet his daughter. The queen got the news of biggest birthday ceremony which will held at theatre building at the center of the palace. The queen maids were reporting everything back to the queen. At the same time, the prime minister arrive and tell her about it. The queen said, "I know it already father". The prime minister said, "Why don't you stop him?". The queen said, "I don't want to lose my son's place". The queen was thinking the future of crown prince. So, the prime minister told her, "It's time to take someone into the palace". The queen said, "Don't do that". But the prime minister already had the plan to break them up.

The consort Ruyi was making a fragrance pouch for the king. As the way they spent the birthday together, she prepare the present for the king. The maid Fuyi said, "Your highness, why are you locking yourself". Ruyi said, "I must finish it before my birthday". The maid Fuyi was helping the consort without asking anything. At that time, the second prince came into the room without knocking the door. The male maid was trying catch the prince. But the prince was running faster than they can. The consort was putting the yarn on the table to keep away from active prince. Unfortunately, the prince climbed up on the table by using the stool and take the yarn balls. The consort Ruyi shout up to prince, "Drop it right now". The prince looked at his mother and said, "I want to play". Ruyi looked at the prince's maids by saying, "Take him away". The prince did not know why his mother is getting angry.

Three days later, the king sent a letter to consort to come and meet him at the theatre this evening. Ruyi knew the king has the surprise for her just like the past years. Ruyi was feeling sorry for what she done upon her son.So, she made the special fragrance pouch for her son as the same as his father. After that, she was choosing the dress and hair accessories and jewelry for evening. And then, she wore the formal dress and put on simple hair accessories and head out. Ruyi was heading towards the prince’s palace. The prince Han was not there. On her way to the prince’s palace, she see the queen’s maids were making trouble to the male maids carry the flower pots. Therefore, she decided to go up there to teach them lesson. When she moved forward one of them notice and run away. Then, she went to the male maids. The male maids were bowing her by leaning their head and upper body to the ground. Ruyi told them, “Get up and go back to your work”. The male maids were waiting at there without moving before she leave. Ruyi knew they are fresher here. Thus, Ruyi headed to the prince’s palace by leaving them at there. When Ruyi passed the entrance gate to reach the prince’s palace, the guard stop her. Ruyi said, “Step aside and tell the prince that I am here”. The guards looked at each other and said, “Your highness did not want to see you”. Ruyi said, “How can he be ignore me?”. The guards said, “Please, go back to your palace your highness”. At the same time, the consort’s maid was talking to the guards and the guards allow them in. After ward, the maid Fuyi was knocking the door and said, “Your highness, don’t you want to try the plum cake”. Then, the door opened. The consort Ruyi waited outside. A few minutes later, the door opened. Ruyi stand still without get inside. As she waited at there, the prince Han appear and said, “Why are you here?”. Ruyi gave the beautiful pouch. Han’s face was brightening up with smile. Ruyi said, “You are look like your father”. Han was taking the pouch and run into Ruyi’s arm. Ruyi said, “Sorry for shouting you”. The maid Fuyi and the guards left that place.

In the evening, the consort Ruyi wore the chosen dress and putting the make up on. And then, she went to the theatre building with her maids. In front of the theatre building, she saw the group of the queen maids block her way. Therefore, the maid Fuyi went to them for telling them move aside. They told Fuyi, “We are guarding here for queen so no one else allow to enter this building”. The cosnort Ruyi was holding her temper and wait at there until the queen arrive. The queen appeared after a few minutes later. Ruyi looked at there and see the concubines are surrounding the queen. Since Ruyi became the powerful woman of the west palace, the relationship among them is not going well. But Ruyi was being the second wife of the king since the king spend his life as the crown prince. Ruyi knew the king more than anyone else. Therefore, they could not take Ruyi’s place over those years. Ruyi was thinking of many things without show it on her face. The queen was standing in front of Ruyi and Ruyi bow to the queen to greet politely. The queen smirked smile to her and enter the building. Ruyi waited outside until they all go inside. When they went in, Ruyi and her maids enter the building. At the same time, the king arrived. Ruyi heard someone call her name. So, she turned around and look. The king said, “Ruyi why aren’t you go in”. Ruyi said, “I am waiting for your majesty”. The king pleased by her words and hold her hands and walk in together. When they went in, they see the queen is taking the place beside the king. The king was patting her hands and head towards there. Ruyi was following the king. The maids of the queen noticed the king arrive. So, they told the queen. At that time, the queen stood up and bow to the king. The concubines were also bowing to the king. The king was not letting Ruyi go. Ruyi got drag by the king and then the king give her place beside him. The queen got the place at the left table beside the king. The queen dowager was feeling happy to see the queen’s face. The king and Ruyi greeted the queen dowager. After that, the king and Ruyi watched the opera together. During the opera play, the king put the green plum flower hair pin on her hair. Ruyi was taking out the fragrance pouch and give it to the king. The king was taking the fragrance pouch and said, “Ruyi, you remember that every year”. Ruyi said, “Of course, we are celebrating our birthday together since childhood”. The king was looking at her face closer and said, “Ruyi, you are beautiful”. Then, Ruyi was leaning her head on the king’s shoulder and watch the play until the end. After that, the queen came to them and ask the king, “Would you like to have a dinner at my place?”. The king said, “I am sorry my queen, you should eat alone today”. Then, the king held Ruyi’s hand and leave the place together.

In the west palace of Ruyi, the maids were carrying the plum flower pots around the garden. The twig of plum tree in the white porcelain was placing above the table and decorate with ribbon. They were creating the romantic place for the consort and the king. A few moments later, the door guard shout out loud, “They are coming”. The maids were finishing up quickly and take their places beside the stone walking path. The king was covering Ruyi’s eyes and take her to the garden. But Ruyi knew the smell of the plum trees. When they reached, the king said, “Ruyi, look at there”. Ruyi saw the pot of the plum tree and said, “Where did you find it?”. The king said, “I am the king so I find it from everywhere”. Ruyi hugged the king and give the kiss on his cheek. And then, the king took the shovel right beside the table and said, “How about we plant this tree together?”. Ruyi said, “Okay”. And then, they went to the right where the place exist beside the flower bushes. They planted the green plum tree together and the king give her promise, “Our love will endless like this tree when it bloom we will watch together”. Ruyi was smiling up to him without saying anything. Ruyi was not knowing it is their last time.

A year later, the king was forgetting her because of the woman from desert. The prime minister and the queen’s plan worked. Ruyi left alone at her palace. The king was not remembering her birthday. So, Ruyi felt down and lack of eating and sleeping. Ruyi spent her night alone in the palace. But she took care of the plum tree. At her last day, she saw the green plum tree is blooming under the cold snow. Ruyi ordered her maid Fuyi to tell the king to come and look the plum blossoms. The king was coming to see the blossom, however it is getting too late. Ruyi was passing away by looking at the green plum tree. The snow were falling still and the king close Ruyi’s opening eyes and cry. Ruyi believed in love but the love was not long lasting as she believe. After she passed away, the king punished the queen and prime minister. The king also locked his concubine who make him to forget Ruyi. The prince Han got the crown prince position and stay beside his father the king. At the last days of the king, the king gave his throne to crown prince and spend his time at west palace by watching the plum tree. 

December 07, 2022 08:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.