0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Teens & Young Adult

Some parents tries to hold the minds of their children. Can you imagine if their children ask permission to have a slip in with their friend they almost panic and say to their children many precautionary measures not to do this or that at their friend's house. At a certain household here the reigns of strict discipline is applied in which Renato finds his actions are following the rules set by his [parents. That summer his parents set to spend a one week vacation at the provincial park. What would be expected with another family to be there in the middle of the forest for a ?hole week? Renato takes his only pet Dooley, a Labrador to be with him and play with him. On the third day of camping their camping with another family their parents didn't notice Renato and Benito the son of their family friend decided to set out hiking along the lake to find out what does nature has in store for them to discover and explore. Going down the stony lakeshore myriads of stone in different hues shapes and sizes met their eyes. There are stones that sparkle when the sunlight hit their brilliant particle. This captivated Renato to look closer to the different stones infront of him. He use his hands to find more stone with brilliant particles digging his hands deeper he saw a very white stone that he thought he can keep it as a paper weight putting it inside his pocket. He didn't mention about his stone to his friend or anybody in their group at the camp. He didn't spend too much thought as it is just an ordinary white stone. Why should he bother about it when young boys like him will have the same kind of stone to put in their pockets something their fingers could hold or play in their pockets. Renato didn't know that his pocketstone is extraordinary. He learned his pocketstone can talk. His pocketstone told him when they arrived home coming from the campsite that it must be always in his pocket where ever he goes. "What about when I'm taking a bath?' Renato asks. "Don't put me far from you. I would become an ordinary stone like a pumice losing all my powers for your benefit," said Storen. Renato named him to have both letters to identify his pocketstone. This is one of the qualities Storen is showing to him. At school when he doesn't know the answer of a question written on the board Storen will become invisible and get out from Renato's pocket and write the answer on his paper. His classmates are now wondering why Renato's exams are becoming better and higher in score. That makes Renato smile. Storen is helping him a lot. It is only common at school when a group of teenagers group together and challenge a schoolmate. tests him what would be his reaction. Renato is not spared with this kind of provocation, He do not think of any danger as long as Storen is with him. That day four teenagers swarmed him asking some money to buy some chocolate but when Renato refuse to give a part of his allowance Storen came out from his pocket invisibly driving the four teenagers a punch on their face and a kick on their butts so swift that they swiftly disappeared infront of Renato. The next summer Renato's parents planned to go for a summer vacation on a cruise to the Bahamas. Renato is very excited He is excited to be with Storen on a cruise. They took a plane to New York to embark on a ship going to Bahamas. Renato's family almost miss the cruise shop if not of Storen guiding the taxi driver whispering to him directions to the port having his GPS disabled. The taxi driver was wondering how he get to the port so fast not seeing Storen directing him. Holding Storen in his pocket Renato feels excited what awaits him in his first trip of cruising. With Storen he knows he will enjoy this trip. They are welcomed by the crew to an exciting entertainment. Storen sat on his lap also to watch the show. Guests are entertained with magical shows like the cutting half of a human body, or the birds fly after the showman takes off his hat. Teenagers are not allowed to the gaming area where he read how much is the jackpot to be won. The weather is good. The sky is blue and they are at the middle of the ocean. Even then there is a popular activity where everybody can participate. Storen leads him to the swimming pool. Renato made sure that Storen is in his ;pocket in shorts one that has a long pocket so Storen will not fall out from it while swimming. Renato choose to swim in the deeper side of the swimming pool. He didn't know that the current is strong underneath the water and felt his legs are experiencing cramps so he could not move losing his strength. Storen turned invisible and pulled Renato to safety, Withoiut Storen there could have been a scenario of drowning. How lucky is Renato to have Storen. The most special part of this trip is living without doing anything except to eat drink and sleep. . There was only one island that they are able to drop by to go beach swimming and took a lunch. After boarding Renato choose to have a little rest making sure Storen is in his pocket sleeping together in their cabin. Renato sleep very long until they arrived to their destination, the island of Bahamas. Early in the morning guests are expected to have a long time exploring the Bahamas. There is a stark contrast how the nativepeople lives in their old settlement here the rich and poor are distinguish from each other. The poor lives by the seashore to sell their catch in shacks and shelling scones to collect the decorative shells is their occupation. The fishermen have already darkened their skin exposed to sunlight which may cause many skin problems that may l;ead to cancer. A long high bridge connects the old settlement to the modern Bahamas where the teal r iich people live in their mansions mnicured lawns of those living in subdivisions. The shopping mall is only for the rich with all the brand names of items bags jewelry anything you name where the tourist buy gifts to bring home after their trip. Going back to New York would the same only to eat, to swim and sleep. Except those who wanted to try their luck in gaming that must be busy for them. What I do in the morning is to climb the the decks of the ship until I reach the top. There I will take deep breathing, exercise to gain strength. enjoy the full view of the open seas the silence and calmness of the athmosphere and enjoy the moment of being on vacation. As if time is longer to come home rather rather going on vacation. The feeling of exhaustion and sleepiness ois only felt after arriving home with Storen. The travel to other places has started and looking forward to the next vacation with Storen.

February 27, 2024 03:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.