0 comments

American High School Sad

Beguiled

                   There was a son named Richard in Baron Family in New Jersey, US. He was the only child for his parents. That’s the reason why his mother and father was give all they have to him for raising him up all those years. His father was the governor at there and everyone who lived there was trust and faithful over his father because he was an honest person. He did lie and cheat the money and steal the family’s one for his own profit when he was teenager. The parents knew he did lie but they neglect it over years. They looked what they can do for changing his hobbies. But their child was being worse and worse than before. He wanted more and more and he talked many lies on every words he say to others. But he was charming and attractive and he also was the trustworthy person with good looking face and they also trusted to his family. Mr. Baron and Mrs. Baron didn’t lie to anyone and they are honest and always helping people without taking benefit back. Everyone nearby them didn’t realize he was different. So, he could get the benefits easily from everyone who trusted his parents. He was swindling around everyone including over his own parents. They knew that but they didn’t want to do anything on that because they loved their son so they solved everything behind his back. Then, one day the headmaster of the school sent a letter to his home directly. He founded the letter first, so he rushed take the letter and turned into pieces. Then, he hide the pieces of the letter somewhere inside his home. He did think that was the right movement to cover his fault. He didn’t even think lying and cheating someone was fault and be guilty. He was being guilty over his parent’s honesty and kindness he made profit from them.

                   So, he didn’t think his mother will found out the letter someday. The day was come right after three days later, he didn’t exist at home and his mother clean his room by herself. Because her son didn’t let anyone else to get into his room. So, his mother cleaned his room for him only. When she get into his room, she stepped on something weird so she looked down to her foot. And then, she saw a piece of paper under her foot. So, she take it and look closer to it. She saw a tiny letter on it and that was from school because she saw a piece of logo on the paper piece. So, she find everywhere else inside her son’s room and she saw many of these paper pieces under the bed and also under the wardrobe. She collected all those pieces and then she took them to her room for gluing back all together. After hours later, she finished gluing and collecting all back together. So, she put her glasses on her face and looked close to the letter for reading the topic inside the letter. Then, she said “Oh my god, this is ridiculous and non-sense my son will never do that”. Inside the letter they said “we found your son was using drug and we did warning over him not to do that in class or public places but your son didn’t follow our order so we need to send this letter to you for coming over headmaster office for this case”. They went to the headmaster’s office afterwards, when they arrived the headmaster told everything to them and he thought the letter was ripping into pieces. They said “it was torn into pieces but luckily my wife saw those under his bed and we collected and remake it again for being able to read”. They continued “and then, we came here for asking you about that case, is that true Headmaster”. Headmaster told them “it was true and we did warn him and the group of friend who did selling the drug inside the school compound and he did purchasing those and using these in school, one of the teacher in school found out this first and she posted the report to their administrator and also to me”. They made conversations with headmaster over an hour and then they said goodbye and head over to the class of their son.

                      When they went over there, some of his friends knew they were his parents and they knew what they did so they hurried went to him and said “hey your parents are here, you must leave now”. He said “why did I leave from the class, I didn’t do anything wrong”. Then, a minute later, his parents came into the class and they requested to the teacher for taking their child with them today. His teacher accepted them to take him with them today. They took their son without saying anything, he thought that was strange because he never saw their expression like this before. When they arrived, they said “come down now, we must fixed our family problem today”. Then, he got grabbed by his father and his mother didn’t say anything just putting her face down to the ground. He didn’t understand everything but realized that his parents knew what the headmaster and every teacher said around the school. He prepared the lie for them and he knew they couldn’t let go of him this way. He knew how much they loved him. With all his thoughts in mind, he was inside his father’s library room. His father faced turn redder and he pushed his son to couch and said “don’t move we need to talk about you now”. Then, he heard the loud sound of the main door shut and heard the lock sound. Then, he heard the footsteps of his mother straight towards the library and then she went into the library and shut the door again. They were glaring over him with green eyes without saying anything, he knew what he done but he didn’t think that was wrong. Mrs. Baron the mother was started saying over her son “what I did wrong to you, do I miss a little to take care of you or do I need more patient and tight rules over teaching you for being a good person”. He didn’t understand what she meant at that time. Then, his father said “we knew what you did all those years and we didn’t mind on you if you selling the precious things from our house because we gave you everything including the house, money and even ourselves what more do you need from us”. He was being more confused than ever. They said “we didn’t want to see our son like this under control of the worst enemy and we didn’t want to let they win over you so we decided to let you go for your good this time”. An hour later, he heard the alarm voice of emergency car which came to take him to the hospital for changing his habits and his mental illness over tangling with drugs. He said his last word to them “why you guys beguiled over me, you said you gave me everything and you had the power to hide my faults and everything under control but why you do this to me”. But they resist on saying those things to their son this time because even if they say to him he wouldn’t understand this time. They decided to wait and pray him to be recover soon. Only he didn't think of them, how much they sad about their son at that time they knew the truth.

January 14, 2021 06:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.