0 comments

Horror

“Are you crazy I would never do that and I wouldn’t let you do so”? “It’s so scary and you want me to accompany you out there in that scary graveyard no way, Let me out of it “Henry was screaming aloud. Jenkins was laughing “You scary cat, now don’t act like a woman, and yell, these ghosts are fictions characters , they are not real it’s just a place to lay the dead and we are just going to stay a night, it’s just a night’s stand with eerie ghosts, ha “ He was still laughing aloud. Henry was shivering just by the name of ghosts and he wouldn’t ever take the extreme step of staying in a grave yard for a night.

“Don’t bother I will be with you, it’s a challenge and I have accepted it”. “This would be an opportunity to remove the stigma that you are a coward and loser, C’mon let’s do it you will lose your fear and become a brave man from tomorrow, just a night’s stand among the ghosts” Jenkins was laughing and convincing Henry to join him. Jenkins and Henry were child hood friends; Jenkins was a very brave heart right from his younger days but Henry as vice versa. He would get scared easily and hence he would easily become a laughing stock for all. Jenkins tried too hard to change his fear factor but in vain. This was his last chance, to clear his cowardly attitude and make him brave.

He had challenged his friends that he would make Henry stay in a grave yard for a night though he knew it was a very difficult task but he had convinced Henry that he would be there along with him so that he would overcome his fear of darkness.

The duo prepared them for a night stay in the graveyard. Henry covered himself well as it would be cold out there. A chilly and cold night in November. Jenkins had his collection of spirits to boost their brave spirit. They took some munchies along with them. Henry was very reluctant but Jenkins convinced him to accompany him.

A scary grave where many were laid dead. There was a peaceful silence except for an owl hooting. When they entered the gate, they heard a rustle , Henry shrieked , eek what’s that , I told you there are ghosts here, un satisfied souls would be wandering around , it’s so eerie and scary, I can’t stay here even for a minute , you are forcing me to stay for a night , I would be dead duck by morning “

Jenkins held his hand, “Now don’t act like a small kid, you are a grown up man and behave like one” “Come let’s get in “They went in, it was too scary and the night was pitch dark. The bright moon was playing a game of hide and seek behind the clouds. It was truly scary for any normal person, and Henry was here to waive off his fear factor. He was shivering at the sight of the innumerable graves around. Jenkins took his hand and pulled him into the grave yard. Henry was standing still unable to move but Jenkins was making arrangements for their stay. He set up a little tent and made a bon fire. He arranged the snacks on the plates he had brought along with the spirits he had brought. These spirits could be booster for their daring act. Henry’s bones were rattling with fear. Jenkins made him comfortable with his jokes and humour so that he could forget his fears.

“Henry, as I know your father was a soldier who fought for the country and he died as a martyr. Your mother is retired cop who was an ace taekwondo player. Your parents were so brave then why are you a scary chicken. Henry shrugged looking around with fear,” Uff, You are correct , Jenkins , my parents were very courageous and they have made mark in their lives , but I didn’t opt for any brave job like my parents , I preferred to become a software professional because of my fear complex. “

“Though I am an heir of brave parents , my grandmother has implanted a fear factor in my mind and heart . My parents were always busy in their jobs. My father was serving country at the borders and mother was serving for the police. She is a very brave woman. As my parents were busy my childhood was spent in my grandma’s house. She would always talk about evil spirits and ghosts and she would share her experience witnessing ghosts in eerie nights . These incidents implanted a fear inside my heart which could not be erased. “ “ My parents were helpless as the damage had been done. The people around would talk about my grandma as a witch who knew black magic, they would also say that she had killed her own husband that’s my grandpa”. “I just can’t even imagine how could my parents leave me with such a woman “ “I asked my mother about this and you won’t believe it Jenkins, I was also shocked to hear this from my mother , actually I was taken by force by that old woman to become a medium for evil spirits. Though mom was a cop she was helpless against that lady’s powers. After a few years when I grew up  when I started to understand everything I just ran away but with a fear in my mind that the old lady would grab me again and traumatise me to become a medium” Jenkins heaved a heavy breath , Uff, OMG , now you are scaring me by your stories, I hope you are not serious, your are joking right”. There was a quiet silence around, the owl hooting far away, rustling of dry leaves , the branches rubbing each other , everything was horrifying at the mid of the night.

Just  then a car’s shrieking sound was heard , Jenkins looked at the entrance of the gate , he saw his friends getting down and yelling ,” Hey , Jenkins you had challenged that you would take Henry to the graveyard and make him stay there for a night, look here he was hiding in his house under the bed wrapped in his sleeping bag . We have just pulled him out of bed and he is in the car. You have failed the challenge , hence you accept that you have lost the challenge. One of them screamed , “Hey what are you doing alone inside the graveyard “ Jenkins just looked around with his bones rattling with fear ,there was no one around . Henry was sitting in the car like a cooped chicken. There was an eerie silence around.

October 30, 2020 17:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.