2 comments

General

I have been tossing and turning for almost an hour now, and I am still nowhere near falling asleep. It's infuriating. Usually, I'm the first one asleep in my house, but not tonight. I don't know why I can't fall asleep, but someone said that you have to clear your mind to fall asleep, so here we go!

Let's see, today my younger sister Melody woke me up and I got ready to go in a super cute outfit, in my opinion anyway. I took a quick shower and headed to school. My first hour was English with Mrs. Polcik. We read for a while, I read Thief of Cahraman. I just started it a few days ago, and it's supposed to be a gender swapped retelling of Aladdin. I actually find it to be very interesting. The main character is a thief who just found a maybe forever home. Then the family's daughter, Bonnie decides she wants to go into the woods, and the main girl sees these glowing eyes staring at them. It spooks her and they run back to the house. That's as far as I got today, but it was very interesting. Um, then we did our DOLs and writing prompt blah blah blah..... Oh! Gabe said hi to me today, which was odd because we haven't really spoken much since I friend zoned him last year. Maybe that's why I can't fall asleep? Ugh, I honestly have no idea. It could be that, because I only friend zoned him because my friend Chloe liked him and it would so mean of me to date him while Chloe liked him. Okay, now that I've figured out that I regret friend zoning Gabe, I'm gonna try and sleep again.

Nothing, I am still wide awake. That did nothing. So clearly, it isn't Gabe keeping me up. Let's try second hour, math. In math we just had a review, which I finished in class, so it can't be me worrying about finishing that... Um let's see... I hung out with Maddie in order to finish it, but we didn't fight. I did get in a little bit of trouble with the teacher for talking and laughing too loudly once we had finished. Maybe I can't fall asleep because I got in trouble. Well, getting yelled at isn't that bad. It happens to students all the time. See? Nothing to worry about. I should be able to sleep now.

Zip zap zilch. Another half an hour of tossing and I'm still wide awake. Now we get on to third hour. Third hour is Chemistry with Mr. Thomas. I sat with Megan and Jules today because Anna is still mad at me for confirming to my mom that Anna hated her. MAybe that's it. Well, if Anna was the problem I wouldn't have been able to sleep for a while now. I keep apologizing to her, but she doesn't seem to care. She thinks that my mom, the school councilor, is going to screw with her schedule and her life because Anna hates her. I'm pretty sure that's against the law though. Now, since we have established that it can't be Anna who's keeping me awake, let's figure this out, shall we? Okay, just gonna throw this out there, I don't usually journal or write to a diary so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. Like, am I supposed to address you as a person or do I just act like I'm thinking to myself? I don't know so I'm making you a person. Not that I haven't been doing that already, but you know... Anyway, in Chemistry today we were supposed to learn some of the elements so that we aren't constantly checking the periodic table. I didn't do that, I was too busy goofing off with Megan and Jules. Okay, so I was texting Jax. So what? I can learn the elements later, I mean the quiz isn't for like another two weeks or something. Or maybe it's next week? Oh boy, I definitely should have studied more than I texted. I'm gonna go do that, and hopefully fall asleep after that. Wish me luck!

My eyelids got a little heavy for a minute while I was staring at the flashcards, but the second I climbed into bed, I was alive, awake, alert again! I swear I'm becoming nocturnal! Maybe I'm a vampire! No, that wouldn't work because if I was a vampire, I'd burn in the sun and I've only ever gotten burnt twice in my life. Mostly, I tan. Maybe I'm a werewolf! Then I could get all furry and I wouldn't have to wear sweaters so often cause I'd have one built in! Oh my goodness that would be so cool! No, that can't be it either because werewolves would have sharper teeth, and they can't pick when they transform. Hold on... Nope, not a full moon. Definitely not a werewolf. How about a Unicorn? Well, those aren't really part human, but maybe there's a lost unicorn outside that I'm supposed to rescue? Except that none of these creatures are real, so maybe I should write a book about a vampire werewolf who finds a lost unicorn. I could name the main character Mati, after my little brother who always has these kind of ideas running through his brain. The only problem is that I'm not very good at turning my ideas into the words I want the way that I want them. Well either way, it would make for an interesting story. Maybe now that I have all that weird dreaming done I can sleep.

I'm alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic! That's actually kind of an annoying song, but it's stuck in my head and it doesn't really want to go away. Anyway, we never did get to fourth hour, which is my Anatomy and Physiology class. I know, weird, I have to science classes. I'm a nerd. A huge nerd! Whoo hoo! Anyway, before that class, I did see my older sibling Teddy, short for Theodosia. Wait so I have to tell you that? I mean if I ever reread this, I will know who my older sibling Teddy is, and that their name is short for Theodosia.... I don't know! Anyway, Anat+Phys. I spent the whole time making a Quizizz for the test coming up. But I'm not worried about the test, so maybe it was that I saw Gavin at lunch after this class. Gavin is um, well last year he was in my Biology class first semester and my friend Brianna had a crush on his friend Garrett and so Brianna wanted me to be in a group with Garrett, but if we were in a group with him, Gavin came with. Gavin was super annoying and didn't do crap to help unless you count bragging about some car or another. It turns out that those cars were remote control cars that he races, but I learned that this year. Anyway, we weren't allowed to switch groups so I was stuck with Gavin because Brianna was too busy flirting with Garrett to save me. Gavin and I kind of despised each other and it didn't go well, like we'd erase each others names off the white board so it looked like the other person didn't help at all on that project, or kicking each other under the desk because they said something rude or he was just being dumb. Anyway, then semester two came around and neither Brianna nor Gavin was in my hour. So I didn't speak to him again until first semester this year. But that's not related to fourth hour. Well, I guess Gavin isn't either since that was sixth hour Biology last year. Well, Gavin ran into me at lunch today and we had a civil conversation. I guess that would be my fault since first semester this year in Civics we ended up at the same table, I swear Mr. Epperson hated me because he stuck me with a bunch of annoying guys and I didn't have any friends in the class. Anyway, I did one of Gavin's worksheets for him because it was super easy and I got bored. His paper was just sitting there, and I maybe have a slight crush on him, but I did it for him because he was just sitting there not doing it and he was talking so much. SOrry this is getting sloppy. I keep yawing. Oh my goodness that's it! I admitted to likin

Liking Gavin. Well, I finally fell asleep last night. Okay, that was enough journal/diary to last a lifetime. Peace.

April 07, 2020 13:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Gideon Gichohi
23:30 Apr 16, 2020

This is definitely a beginner's journal, and definitely one who is nocturnal...so vivid I am surely reading your mind. Well done!

Reply

Wendy Minore
13:03 Apr 20, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.