0 comments

General

Can you keep a secret about my entire life basically Once upon a time there lived a witch whose life seemed entirely normal. One day she found something among her normal trade route: the sun goes down. Before school on friday she walked into a cold and slightly dark cave illuminated by an extremely bright flashlight. She skaled a tall height in the cave and on a cave illuminated with unknown bioluminescent crystals on a table. A fossiel of lemonade before the human race is known to exist. This is just the beginning this was when magic got restored. She cartography maps of the forest. There were seemly endless salt mines. When she was carrying the lemonade back the fossiel collapsed to reveal lemonade, endless. You may think it's not just a big deal it's just endless right. 

According to the legend of the flame of which there were several only 21 known dividers that means magic divides its power to 21 sources. According to legend there was one more unknown source which broke several people and caused several deaths. The only thing known about the source the first two letters are l and e.

 Once I figured out what I did , I was terrified. The ironic thing is I sit in my fortress of solitude watching the sun set. I look at my watch, add some circuits and just laugh at the hypocrisy. Why me ? I can't be the chosen one. I wonder what came first and I know it's supposed to be the ice age. I wonder what really happened. 

I go to the movies to see terminator. After I looked in the caves again and I found a virtual reality video game there's games about stopping armored robberies, car chases and charity. So much playing this game got me wondering about the characters, especially the wonder of how the high level people get to change and adapt the code. 

When I went looking into the cases again I found a map at the end of which were preserved bodies trapped in cryogenic chambers and they were playing the game with the map that said they were from the ice age that the world flowed over with ice after an accident at the biggest and most productive factory in the world. During high school I used my powers to stop a car from running people over. I also wrote a semi accurate drama magiene and encoded magic spells in the drama crossword adjective puzzles of the day. 

It was a highschool reunion in the cafeteria. We were addressing misconceptions like if angels were real or not I was drinking lemonade with sugar on the ring wishing it was alcoholic. Suddenly she said of course angels are real wings and then a halo ring. 

I decided to go back to the salt mines and figured out that the caves were man made. I realized after studying the green crystal could power cities. I took an old pickaxe and mined 6 bags, went exploring around the tunnels and found 6 generators that have the potential to power the town.  

I plain the minerals and made a profit. I was rich. The town was flourishing. A lot of the empty spaces there were houses. After the mayors and the most politically influential people met beside me, they decided one cannot profit from the crystals and later talked to the mayor to the judge and that became a form of community service. 

Then after that to make money, I dipped into The Unemployed I’m not Currently saving the world fund and the unemployment fund for angels and the party fund for angels and I maintained that with the money. I saved all my properties. After that I became a writer, sold some properties and became richer. 

It almost filled the hole in my heart because my parents died in this I know ironic car accident. 250 years later I’m 242 years older. I’m broke and my only hope is the gladiator health plan just in case I enroll in other programs, the lottery program gave me a third and the brainiacs gave me a third and I had no savings. I could let myself die, then again, what a waste. 

The gladiator health plan is an agreement that you will fight an evil demon in an arena to the death and you don’t get to choose your own weapons. The nickname of the person that chooses is arch mayor. The arch mayor also decides if you stop fighting or fight again. 

Some days I ask myself how I got here. How I lost everything. I sold and used all my money for pro bono surgeries around the world until I was middle class. I got a job as a surgeon and lived in the oncall rooms. I accepted a bribe to quit for a pro bono surgery and then found I could not find a job. I was sorrowful but accepting. I lost my hearing mostly but after surgery I was fine. I won. 

The homeless need help program matched me with the same mall that mall cop movie was filmed in. I stand psyched to be working as a mall cop in the same mall. I’m playing a great game of Dance Dance Revolution. Suddenly the lights in the mall flash off. I walk off to a safe behind a Driving Video Game and take out lamps with solar charged power batteries. I was alarmed at the silence. 

Normally people would scream or panic. If there was another blackout either go to one or the nuclear shelters in place or try to go home. 

I try to go home but all the doors are locked. I decided I have 4 options. Option 1 to get home. Option 2 to inflict property damage to glass. Option 3 chill and play video games then go to sleep. Option 4: go to sleep. So I unscrew a vent and find a crate full of grenades. I quickly look to see if there’s anything else inside. I find a giant diamond and gold. I hear a faint sound in the distance. I get nervous. I quietly run to the end of the store which seems to take ages. Which also coincided with the main exit and entrance. I hide and hear a loud banging sound, then an explosion. I take all the jewels I can find. 

Then in the rush of grenades, I pull the pin. I have two options. Wait to be blown up or move. I took the grenade and put it in one of the bath bomb display tanks and I ran. I heard a loud clicking sound and ran back, only I saw a tub full of jewels, gold, diamonds, sapphires and emeralds and salt crystals. I was mesmerized. 

I went to my desk and set a clock to the time until the mall was open. I decided first to get as many carrier things, as possible, from all over the store. The bath bomb tank was going to be taken out of commission because it leaks. I used my employee discount to buy boxes. I exploded the grenades into the boxes left and closed out and screwed in and used a key to lock. I rushed down the escalators and eventually made it downstairs. I’m hopeful I could make something bigger than myself, organized myself. And ordered delivery vans and went back and put spare crystals that I found in vents in that box. Then I went to the Caspers section and went to sleep. When I woke up I heard blaring sirens that went away after 20 minutes. 

I was half way through packing when a police squad arrested me. Apparently, I hadn’t been alone last night. I got arrested for stealing 16 trillion dollars from corporations inside the mall. It was an open and shut case. They had fingerprints and DNA samples. They offered a plea deal of 12 years of community service. I took it and I started to plan for my death by making memorial videos and made it official with a lawyer. What happens when I die. 

I had another court date to hopefully talk down the community service. They said it would be 2 years if all the money had been returned. So I sold crystals and more and more paid back what I didn’t steal. Then I quit my job. And decided to work in a movie theater. 

The average day was a mundane and boring feed science experiment. Plant SEP for short and surprisingly a lot of mathematics. I calculated the likeness of shrinks everyday of the year which gave my boss more money so I could get a raise. We were overbuying drinks and popcorn and we slightly reduced the candy stock. The goal for the big change is to buy the failing hardware store next door. Still trying to pitch him on it. Then I did a statistical analysis and he was convinced. It was a Monday. Normally I hate Mondays. Less movies to play, popcorn to pop. Starting without doing anything. Suddenly a bulb on the plant hatched. Not risking my job, I decided not to call the manager and deal with this situation myself. By situation, I mean saber tooth tiger, a miniature one. Wow. SEP had really grown up. It was the weekend so I scavenged for the instruction manual I threw away. I finally found it after two hours. I successfully fed the tiger. I went home and there was a tiger. I woke up and there was a tiger. It didn’t take long for me to realize SEP could teleport. This presented a series of problems. Problem one: How to train for him to sit in a cargo bay. I figured that out in about thirty five minutes. Problem 2: how to be able to carry SEP for six to ten hours while I update my passport and driver's license. I stood in line for four hours and then SEP wanted out. He strolled down the isles and a t first people were shocked. A couple of people thought they were hallucinating. Then there was a flurry, they all ran, lucky for me SEP was back and I was first in line. The driver’s license people didn’t notice so I got my drivers license faster than I thought I would have. Then my manager came back furious that people saw SEP in public and I was fired. I went back home to the caves I bought a pickaxe and then started to mine then i came upon a crypt i opened a coffin then a skeleton swarmed out and i saw next to the coffin a baby inside goo and that beating sound I guess was the baby's heart I fought and i fought skeleton after skeleton and I won and found this pickaxe talked in morse code what i picked it out at a vintage store.Then I said to SEP take this baby to my parents and hoped that he paid attention to my english classes his paw movements could be random It said it was a blank embryo who ever found it it  would be there embryo with the one who founded the tomb whos dead by now according to the prophecy i found he had good intentions So then i gave my life force to the baby clearly still in denial but SEP can teleport out the prophecy says i'm trapped here so I made the right decision and I want my baby to have the chance to be alive. 

August 15, 2020 18:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.