0 comments

Fiction Sad Friendship

I’m on a summer road trip, but the only difference is that instead of a nice air conditioned car of sorts, I’m walking on the hot road, underneath the hot summer sun, so a trip yes, a road yes, just not the type of road trip you would think.

I am not alone, I am with my worst enemy, can people have worse enemies? Yes, yes they can and this person is the worst, she is awful, but why am I with her because we were going to the same summer camp, but to get there you need to travel far. So my mom and her mom thought it would be a great idea for the two of us to go on a trip together to get to our camp.

We had started out in a nice air conditioned car, but it broke down, we tried calling for help, but no cell reception, how convenient, we tried to fix it ourselves, but I only knew how to switch a tier, nothing else and lucky me, I ended up with a clueless girl who couldn't do anything.

In the car we haven't talked and just sat there it was fine, but now that we were out here on the hot road trying to find some help, I told her we should have stayed near the car, maybe try and call, maybe wait for a car to drive by for at least a little bit, but she admidlety got up and began to walk.

We don’t even know how far we need to go to find help, but we kept walking for who knows how long, and as we walked I kept seeing the same rock shaped like a bird's head and then it got dark. It was dark and we couldn't see much, we had our phone flashlights on for a bit, I turned my off letting her keep hers on, “why did you turn that off?” she asked turning towards me “to save my battery” and that was that for a few minutes.

It was quiet and it wasn't as hot, but my legs hurt and I wanted to just relax for a bit, I stopped walking for a bit before she turned her head, “why did you stop? We need to get going and keep walking”,  “I’m just stopping for a second, it's fine” she came over to me before tugging my wrist forward. 

“Hey hey, what the hell, don't tug at me” I said pulling my arm away from her while she rolled her eyes, “stop being a brat, it's not that bad '' she said before grabbing my wrist and trying to drag me forward again. 

“Would you stop that, its annoying, how would you feel if I did this” I said as I tugged at her arm over and over again, “stop acting like a kid and stop that” she said smacking my hand away before tugging at my hair, “lets keep moving” she said, did she really just tug at my hair? And call me a kid?

I sat down on the side of the road, looking straight ahead, she thinks I was acting like a kid then, well I’ll show her how much a of bratty kid I can be, I heard huff before hearing her snap her fingers, but I just looked ahead at the tall grass head of the road. She began to walk forward before she stood in front of me, but I didn’t look anywhere else but forward at her legs, “would you stop this you brat”.

I didn't’ respond before she snapped her fingers again, I wasn't going to respond to that like a dog, “Stop this, we need to keep walking”, “why should we, when we have been walking for hours and yet have not seemed to get anywhere”, I still wasn't looking anywhere, but her legs, but I could tell she rolled her eyes. 

She squatted down to eye level with me “get UP” she said, popping the P as she glared at me and I just glared right back, “make ME” I said and before I could do anything she tackled me to the ground.

We rolled into the road, it hurt the hard road on my back, I kicked her off and as I was about to get up, I was going to walk away being the bigger person, but she started it and I was going to finish it, I jumped at her and it kept going.

We kept tackling each other, kept hitting each other, kept spitting venomous words at each other, she had been about to punch me when we heard the sound of tiers on the road and sirens, we both looked to the sound coming behind her, it was an ambulance and coming straight at us, we bounced up trying to move out of the way while it cam at us.

It came at us, but didn’t hit us, it went through us, we glazed at each other and I finally got a good look at her. She had a bloody nose and cuts and bruises littering her body and I probably looked the same. We then ran after the ambulance, any pain or any tiredness from before was gone, but as we got to the ambulance, it stopped in front of a car and another.

It was our car, and there we were lying motionless on the side of our car, I then looked back at her and all cuts and bruises were gone, and looking at my arms and legs, my own were gone, but even though I didn’t see anything I still felt hurt.

We both walked closely together near our bodies, I stopped walking, but she grabbed my wrist and I let her tug us both closer to us, we looked awful, we looked dead..we are dead, we're dead..

I looked over at her, my worst enemy, but I guess not anymore, guess this summer road trip with my worst enemy will have to turn into a summer dead trip with my enemy, ha get it? Dead trip? 

I don’t know what exactly happened, but all I did know is that I was on the ground and she was holding me as big crocodile tears ran down my face. 

I don’t really know how long we sat there for, but the ambulance was gone and so were our bodies, but we were still there together, me and my worst enemy, but maybe it would be best to start thinking of her as my new friend. 

What a fun summer road trip this has been. 

June 21, 2021 01:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.