3 comments

Crime

"Fine, I'll stay the night in a graveyard like an idiot. For you." my god, I wished those words had never left my mouth, I never should have stayed with him.

"Hey." Nate had texted me. I should have known, nothing involving Nate ever went well. He had the 'let's be bad and get arrested' touch. I should have blocked him when we broke up, that would have fixed everything. But he was just so much fun, how could I not want him in my life? So I responded to my ex-boyfriends 'hey', and when he asked if I was free I said yes, so I had no escape when he asked if I wanted to be in his project. "It's for film class." he said, "I'm directing a horror movie and I want you to be the cliche dumb girl." I was hesitant but he told me it wouldn't take long, told me we would get drinks after. So I said yes; I guess I am the cliche horror flick dumb girl who walks right into the trap. 

"And that's a wrap, folks!" Nate yelled, I looked at him and smiled. I was glad I came, seeing him gave me closure about our relationship, now I was ready to never see him again. "Nathan!" one of the girls yelled, she was nice, had done my makeup, "Yes?" he responded, "NATHAN!' she shrieked his name this time. "Yes?" he responded impatiently walking over to the gate that she was at "It won't open." she wined in a high-pitched voice, "We are in the middle of nowhere and it won't open! How am I supposed to get my car out now?". 

The was a long pause as Nate tried the gate, ten college students went completely silent as he pulled and shook, we took in our surroundings, the setting sun the graves, and the emptiness. 

Nate was the one to break the silence, he had to be, this was his mess and he was the director, "Look, guys, I'm sorry about the hassle, but we can all just climb the fence, call a car to take us home, and get our cars tomorrow.". We breathed a collective sigh that for me, morphed into shock, my reckless ex was growing up, good for him. "Or, we could stay," Nate said "I mean, we have a good excuse for trespassing, and imagine the stories we'll get." A couple of people whooped some of them shook their heads, I was part of the latter group. "You guys have fun with that." I said "I'm leaving." I started walking towards the lowest part of the gate with a few other people, seven other people actually, and started climbing. 

I could have been fine, I could have gone home and been glad that I was a responsible adult. 

But then I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me down. I recognized the arm, the heat, and the build. That was the moment I knew I wasn't going anywhere, I would stay If he asked me to, I knew I would. 

"If you're not here there won't be anyone who tells me not to do stupid stuff." He said placing me down next to the gate so the next girl could climb over. "Is that what I am" I scoffed "Your freaking babysitter?"

"No." He said quietly "Your my best friend and I miss you."

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I asked "Huh? What's up with that?"

"I wanted to give you space," he said even quieter than before. "Well, that was dumb." I hissed, I guess I'm not as over it as I thought I was. "I know, that's why I invited you here because I wanted to see you. So just give me this, and if you are done with me after tonight I will accept it."

I looked into his beautiful blue eyes and thought about what he said and the sincerity that he said it with, normally he would have joked, but tonight he pleaded. Like he needed me, like something was wrong. If I were just his ex, I would have left, but he was right, I was his best friend, and If he needed me, I would be there. "Fine, I'll stay the night in a graveyard like an idiot. For you."

"Why are you so calm." Chad asked, "Yeah dude?" Tyler asked, "This is like, totally illegal." Nate just smiled. He had one of those smiles that just seemed so innocent how could you not trust him? So we sung, we danced, and we slept on the dirt. It was slightly chilly, so when I woke up at midnight to cold wind, I thought nothing of it. I noticed everyone else had moved to their cars, so I just got up and went to my car to crash for the rest of the night. 

Why was Nate so calm? Yes, he was a little crazy, but this was creepy. Why did he need me here? We could have left together and gone to a bar if he wanted to talk so badly, we didn't need to do something stupid and immature just to hang out. It should have struck me as odd, but it didn't. I was so blinded by the things he said, I didn't even notice the obvious lies he was telling. He didn't miss me, he didn't need me. He hated me. That's why he wanted me at a graveyard, he wanted to make me act out a horror movie. Then he wanted me to live one. He wanted me to die in a graveyard, poetic in a way. He wanted control. He had made me the person I was through years of friendship, he had given me courage, he had been a big part in writing my story. But he knew I didn't want him in my life anymore, so instead of writing himself back in, he decided that it was time to end my story, once and for all. He told me he wanted me to be the cliche dumb girl, and he made me the cliche dumb girl. 

I was found of course. Tyler, Chad, and Nate were investigated for poisoning me, it was narrowed down to an accident. No one ever found out why I died. Ten college students came in alive, 1 left dead, simple as that. So who am I? I am a cliche, I am the good girl gone bad, I am the broken girl who was manipulated, the child that every little girl's parents fear she will turn into. I am the example. I am the soul that hunts your dreams. And I am warning you, don't let him pull you off that gate. Climb it because your gut told you to. Climb it because you are your own person. Climb it because you don't own him anything. 

October 24, 2020 21:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Leah Gerics
12:43 Jun 25, 2022

It’s a privilege to share this to the world. You deserve all the praise that comes to you. DR Amber has been a blessing to me since our encounter on the internet. He alone knows it all. I love him so much for his kindness, care, honesty and his help in the life of everyone that has come in contact with him. If not for DR Amber how would I have been able to survive this hardship. His spell made me a LOTTO MAX winner of 60 Million Dollars making my whole life beautiful and amazing. The numbers he gave me to play the lottery was a life changing...

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:14 Mar 01, 2022

Hi guys, I don’t have much to say right now rather than to say thank you to Dr Amber for rescuing me and my family from poverty. I love playing the lottery but winning big is always the issue for me. I will never forget the day I came in contact with Dr Amber whose lottery spell made me a winner of $360,000,000 million dollars cash prize on the jackpot lottery game I played just by giving me sure winning numbers within 3 days to play the lottery game after he prepared the lottery spell for me. My financial status has changed for good and I’v...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Joyce Bang
19:04 May 28, 2021

I recently got back my EX husband through Lord Zakuza and this is his WhatsApp number +1 740 573 9483

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.