7 comments

Kids

Adina was sitting in the lounge. All her books and copies were scattered around her. She could listen to her sister calling her but she ignored it. She opened a book and noted something in her register, then she took that book called physics again and start reading it. Someone passed by her, kicking her pouch which stumbled at the corner of the room. She didn’t care. She looked depressed as she opened her notebook, took the pen which was safely tucked inside it and started writing, while she complained to her dearest sister, Anna, who was sitting beside her using her mobile “why did I miss classes? Thanks to Sophia as she told me today is the last submission date. She told me that she can give me her work but the teacher has said that she doesn’t want plagiarism work and if she found out someone’s work being copied she will not accept and will give that person zero marks.”

A girl lit the fire on the stove and put the pot on it. She went out of the kitchen and then entered again in no time, with a bottle in her hand. She poured the water into the pot and tea leaves in it. She sat there on the nearby stool and took out her phone from the back pocket of her jeans. She waited for the water to be boiled so she could pour milk into it.

A man was sitting on an armchair holding a newspaper. As he read, he raised his eyebrows and jerked his head with pity. He stood up and walked towards the stairs but at the very moment two kids of age not more than eight, came running and shrieking. The man went all red in anger and stared at the children. They stopped abruptly and stared back.

  They smiled innocently that the man couldn’t help but smiled and mumbled stepping forwards “I was the same in my childhood, innocent but cunning. They very well know how to control this old man” he heard himself as the kids ran.

Everything was dark. A boy is sitting under the table. Water is dripping from his forehead and then on the floor. He slowly stood up and observed the whole room as hoping to see someone. He slowly holds the nearby chair and observed the room again. After satisfying that no one is here, he came out. He walked on his tiptoe and reached the handle of something looking like a cupboard. His shaky hands were on the handle. He opened the door as his eyes closed by the creaking noise made by the cupboard. The cool air with orange light welcomed him and the room was a bit light. He stepped forwards and get hold of a shopping bag. As his hand went inside the bag, he felt a hand on his shoulder. “Ha-ha! I caught you. I will tell mom if you will not give me this” he heard a rough voice behind himself.

Everyone was doing their work. Adina was completing her assignments. Aron and Adrian were running all around the house, screaming. Grandfather was walking up the stairs. Arena is making tea and using her phone. Abel is standing in front of the refrigerator holding the chocolate bag and Ava’s small hands are on his shoulder as she told him that she had caught him and asked him to give the chocolate to her or she would tell on him.

At that moment suddenly all the lights went off. It was all dark. No one could see anything. They were all stunned. They all stopped where they were and from what they were doing.

Adina stopped working as she couldn’t see anything. She suddenly stood up and walked forwards, her hands in front of her, it looked like she is sleepwalking. She walked slowly until her feet felt something rolling and she falls. She stood up and slowly sat on the floor, finding something…and …she found it. Her ink pen was in her hands. She walked again until her head hit the wall and she fell again. It ached so much that her eyes got water in them. She sat there. Then she heard her sister Anna “you are a complete fool. I am also sitting here. Can’t you just wait a sec for me to open my torch?”

She was sitting on the stool when everything went dark. The fire also went off. She stood up in a hurry and opened her mobile torch. She was safe from any accidents. She stepped out and found Adina sitting on the door of the lounge. The light was gleaming behind her. She was sobbing. Adina saw her elder sister standing with a torch, she whined “what happened Arena! Why… everything had gone dark?” “Its power cut my innocent sister. This happened before when I was of your age but now it again happened” she sighed. “We can’t do anything!” “But…my…work…it is due tomorrow” “here... my phone… do it with the help of flashlight”

Grandfather was standing on the stairs. He stopped like everyone and was shocked. “Not today!” he carefully walked up the stairs. On every step, he thought he was going to fall but he reached the top of the stairs and heard someone screaming. There was a small table outside a room. He reached there with the help of his stick, get hold of the emergency light, and stepped forwards.

Aron and Adrian were running but they put a pause to their game and looked at each other. They were both petrified. Aron was sweating, Adrian held his hand in horror. They looked at each other and screamed as loud as they can. They ran holding each other hands and bumped into the sofa. They stood up and sat on it, holding cushions to their faces, not to face someone.

On the other hand, Abel and his younger sister Ava were standing in front of the fridge, holding the bag of chocolate. Abel's hands were settled on two Choco bars when the fridge light went off and the nearby room darkened. He stared at Ava and threw the bag in the air as he screamed. Ava was petrified, she followed her brother and screamed. They heard footsteps. They stared vacantly at each other as their voice drowned. They noticed a shadow on the fridge, and the next moment they caught sight of their grandfather who was standing at the door holding an emergency light.

"It's a power cut," he said.

...........................

April 30, 2021 21:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Amel Parvez
07:26 May 25, 2021

heyo, nice to see u again, especially with a new story. haha, girl, A M A Z I N G work! i loved it how u described everyone and yes it was so damn relatable. Great Job! hoping to see ur another story soon! <3

Reply

Wirda Bibi
08:26 May 25, 2021

thanx:) yeah i took the idea from what going in the surrounding when it's power cut. i thinking that if i will write or not:) :p

Reply

Amel Parvez
09:22 May 25, 2021

No prob! yeah nice. ;D

Reply

Wirda Bibi
15:45 May 25, 2021

:3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
00:44 Aug 24, 2021

I love your profile pic

Reply

Wirda Bibi
03:30 Aug 25, 2021

thanks a lot :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wirda Bibi
10:06 May 02, 2021

don;t go on my grammar.it is really bad:(

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.