1 comment

African American Christian Inspirational

Kirk grew up in a church, loved the church and served at the church but over time as he grew up he became detached. He and his friends created a secular rap group by the name of The Misfits that became so big they started touring all over the world. Kirk loved all the fame, money, girls and jewelry he gained from his career but for some reason he still felt empty inside. The group it’s self was pretty big but Kirk was the man of the group everyone and I do mean everyone loved him. Until one day he decided to just get up and pray mid studio session, and that’s when he heard a voice tell him, “it is only through His Grace will you feel complete”. That moment sparked something in Kirk he knew exactly what he had to do and for some reason didn’t care about the outcome. 

“And now coming to the stage we bring to you, coming all the way from the dirty Dallas tx The Misfits” you can hear screams from all over the arena ‘yayyyyyyy” the crowd is going crazy. Sean B. Walks out and the women in the crowd began to pass out, you can hear prince voice on the mic as he walks out shirtless rapping their hit new single “The Bag”. As the crowd is getting hype Sean looks over at prince with a confused face, where’s Kirk his verse is coming up? He whispered as he walked towards him. “ Aye Yo DJ cut the beat” you can hear Kirk say! The whole crowd went into an awkward silence. “ as many of you may not know but I’ve been in a strong battle as of late” Kirk said as he walked on to the stage in front of over 75,000 people. “This is and will be my last show with my brothers” Kirk said Prince looked at Sean B in Shock “ bro what is bro on?” “ Did you know about this?” Sean B Shakes his head and immediately walks off stage. Prince followed in a rushing manner leaving just Kirk on stage. 

As he finished speaking to the crowd about his recent encounter with GOD you can hear so many of the fans cheering him on for what he had decided. The DJ even gave him words of encouragement and told him in front of the crowd that he would love to still be his DJ moving forward. He said his goodbyes and walked off stage back to the green room. You can see the look of defeat on both prince and Sean b’s faces as he approached them. “Bro how could you pull something like that without speaking with us” Sean B said. He began to just look and tell them everything would be okay and that this is something that he needed to do for himself and hope that they both understood. Prince walked up to him shook his hand like a man and said ‘Whatever you need brother we got you handle your business”. Sean B. Left both of them alone and walked away.

Months later Kirk walks into the church that he had been visiting and volunteering at since the groups break up. A young man by the name of Malachi walks up to him and ask was he Kirk from the Misfits and told him he was at that concert and what Kirk did inspired him to get back into church to use his gifts for god. Malachi was a producer and cinematographer who just wanted to give back to the church. After service he walked up to Kirk and told him he had been working on the churches youth department media team. He then asked him would he want to help out with this years youth explosion. That’s when he told him the church had a production studio. 

Malachi and Kirk began meeting up at the churches studio every Sunday after service working on projects. They were both excited about the upcoming youth explosion making hit after hit, that’s when Kirk realized he was still in love with making music. He explained to Malachi that what he was about to do was going to potentially change Malachi life for good and began to tell him that this was only for god and to make sure that he didn’t lose focus. “Okay I got an idea we create an album and call it OHG short for only through his grace” Kirk said. “Bro lets do it” Malachi replied.

They were working hard on this album and also putting together the biggest youth explosion ever. Kirk had the bright idea on getting back on social media to help promote it so he took to instagram. Not knowing what was in store Kirk made a post with him and Malachi in the studio you can hear the 808s thumping guitar strings and piano keys going in the background, “Aye yo check this out we getting ready to bring y’all the livest youth explosion you’ve ever been to and get this ya boy will be performing for the first time since my performance with the misfits so make sure y’all click the link in the bio and get ya tickets June 21st its going up at Social Hope Outreach Center Lets GOOOOO”.

As he and Malachi prepared he began to just feel better then he ever did before the love and support that he was receiving was overbearing. He was receiving so many comments from fans telling him he inspired them to change their lives and that they were excited to attend this youth explosion. Things began to be so big on social media that radio host were reaching out to him and Malachi asking to do interviews, set up vendor tables at the youth event etc. In this moment nothing else mattered to him because this was his way of spreading the gospel all while using his talents for god and the church. 

Now this is not just any church this is a Mega Church to put in perspective. The pastor is already what some people would call a Youtube Preacher so the amount of in person and online members is insane. The church also began to help promote and before you know it tickets were sold out, over 20,000 tickets sold, the church then offered free online access for those who could not afford to come. 

The day had come and fans and church members began packing out the church, Malachi was nervous because not only was he kirks producer but he had took on the task of also being kirks DJ and this was his first big concert. As opening acts performed the crowd were worshiping and praising god. Some artist were rappers and some were singers a good balance of both some of the acts had their own bands and others came performing over tracks. Right before Kirk got on stage he gets a knock on the green room door “Come in” he yelled. At the door you could see Sean B and Prince standing there smiling ear to ear “ bro its been a while and we couldn’t miss this for nothing the last time I saw you I’m not going to lie I was hurt but brother God has been working on you and I see it” Sean B said. “Alright enough being all sentimental get out there and do Gods work my guy” prince interrupted. “Thanks man this means so much” Kirk replied as he walked out the green room and onto the stage.

Kirk went on the stage and performed all of the songs he and Malachi had been working on for months not missing a beat. He began taking the crowd through a worship session and back to a praise session with the music that they had created this new Kirk was pure and full of life the glow that came over the stage wasn’t from the spotlight beaming on him but this light that was among him came straight from GOD. As he approached the last song you can see people in the crowd begin to throw their hands up and total praise. “ now this next song is titled OHG because it was only through gods grace that I was given this chance to fully surrender on to him if any one out there is struggling like I was this is for you” Kirk Said. He performed a song so touching and moving before you know it people all over the church were in a deep prayer people watching online were in groups of prayer in their homes. As Kirk gazed amongst the crowd he looked back at Malachi standing at the Dj booth and said “this is why we do it little brother” with the biggest smile and tears of joy coming down his face. 

June 07, 2023 08:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Henry Houston
20:02 Jun 18, 2023

Ehhhhhh

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.