4 comments

Fantasy Romance

"By the time I stepped outside, the leaves were on fire. There was nothing I could do. No water to speak of since the cabin is so far out of town." Jaxon said with a huff as he watched the cabin slowly burn.



There's a lake right there, Jaxon!" Sawyer pointed to the water. "Why didn't you grab a bucket? There is a bucket!"


"I know there is." Sarcasm was thick in the air. "You mean this bucket?" Jaxon showed it to her. She looked at it and laughed.


"Why doesn't it have a bottom?" Sawyer threw up her hands.


"You tell me and we'll both know." He ran to the water, ripping his shirt off. "At least we have a tent and we can still swim."


" I guess." Sawyer didn't seem very enthusiastic about sleeping in a tent. "The swimming part is right!" She stripped to her bra and panties and climbed the nearest tree. "INCOMING!" She jumped.


He swam and grabbed her in his arms. "You're beautiful. You know that don't you?"


"Of course." She giggled. He softly kissed her. Pulling away, she stared at him. "We can make the best of it." She winked.


If anyone would've walked up on them. Let's just say they'd run.


Jaxon stood 6'Β 7". He had long Curley blonde hair, golden eyes and a body that looked as if it were sculpted from clay. When he smiled his fangs showed.


No one could see Sawyer. She had the power to be invisible and chose to always be that way. If they could, they would see she was average height. She had long fiery red hair. Golden eyes and a pair of fangs that dipped below her upper lip. Jaxon, was the only one that could see her. She was his mate. He was trying to convince her of that.



"We need to get out. We need rest." Sawyer walked toward the simmering cabin.


"Rest? Now why the hell would we rest?" Jaxon laughed. "Vampires don't need rest." He grabbed her in his arms and twirled around. Sawyer's laughter was music to his ears.


Her laughter died. She became serious. "We're stranded. The car won't start, the phone's dead. The cabin, gone. No electricity and no GPS to find our way out. Bill and Emiley aren't any use. I told you not to drain them."


"I know." Jaxon huffed. "An oversight on my part. But, we can feed fromΒ each other until someone shows up. We will surely be missed by someone we know."


"Who is going to miss two outlaw vamps. Come on. You heard Tess. She said vamps like us give all the others a bad name. We're here for a while. I'm not taking my chance with the town torch party out there. We have nothing on an angry, vampire hunting, mob. And no, we can't feed off of each other. We're not mated." Her words sounded final. He loved her. He'd do anything for her. And she knew it.


"All I know is, we have each other. We have to find a way out, but not before I prove to you that we are mates. I love you, Sawyer. One day you will realise that."


"I know you do." She started getting the tent out of the car.


"We need to relax." She shook out the tent.


"Jaxon." Sawyer shook him. "Jaxon!" She raised her voice a bit. "Jaxon!" Sawyer slapped him on the chest.


"What? Damn, that hurts." Jaxon rubbed his chest as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. He was lost in thought.


" Someone's out there. I hear their heartbeat." Sawyers eyes darkened. "I'm thirsty."


Jaxon walked out of the tent stretched and yawned. He heard talking in the distance.


"They have to be around here somewhere. I smell them. The air reeks of vampire." The Male's deep voice said.


"Let's go that direction, Cooper." Footsteps got closer.


Jaxon stepped in the tent. "Someone's coming. I heard them say they could smell us."


Sawyer jumped up. "We have to go."


"I want to stay here with you. Please." Jaxon never said please to anyone until Sawyer. He was saying it alot. "We could be happy, right here. You said that you could live an eternity here."


"I know. Quit asking me. I don't want to be mated to anyone."


Jaxon stared at her. She packed up the tent. He wasn't sure how long he stood there. He just knew his heart was breaking.


Β Sawyer tried dragging him. "No. I'm staying here. If you want to go, then leave. If they kill me, so be it. I'm not going anywhere." He stood stoic. His arms crossed. He looked unapproachable. She didn't like it.


"Fine." Sawyer hissed at him. "I'll go by myself. I'm taking the tent." Sawyer stomped off. Jaxon couldn't see her anymore, so she stopped. He looked defeated and it was her fault. She sat and cried big bloody tears. She turned, she heard limbs breaking. "What is he doing?" She stood to walk back to him when she was grabbed.


"Got you now, vamp. You ain't going anywhere. Ain't that right, Cooper?"

Cooper looked like a raccoon in a bag. "I've been hunting you far too long. You killed my sister, bitch."


Sawyer got a look at the man. "Daddy?" She squealed. "I thought you were dead."



"I ain't a daddy to a vamp." His eyes filled with tears. "You killed your aunt Barbara."


"How are you even alive? I saw you die. I saw everyone die at the hands of that witch."


"Not everyone babygirl. I made a deal. Not to be a vamp, but like a highlander type immortal. That's not true. I just don't know how to explain it.


"I didn't kill aunt Barbara. It was that witch that killed Barbara. She would have killed me too if Jaxon wouldn't have turned me. I havent seen you in years daddy. Why now?"


"Because I have followed the path of death you have left behind."Β 


"Daddy." She heard an agonizing roar. Her dad was pulled away from her.


She ran after them. Her dad was dragged by Jaxon's arm wrapped around his neck.


"Jaxon! Stop!" She ran to them to stop him and to save her father.


She laid her hand on Jaxon. "Stop. He's my dad. He's confused and doesn't know what really happened that day."


Jaxon eased up on his grip. "People are hunting us."


Her dad nodded and stared at Jaxon. "Jaxon Taylor? Is that you?"


"Yes, Jim. It's me." he let go of him.


"You know him?" Sawyer looked at Jaxon.


"We thought you were dead. Timmy was never the same. He thought you died after he pushed you during the fight. You fell 150'. There was no way to get to you." Jim stood staring. "How? You haven't aged a day."


Jaxon flashed his fangs. "I'm sorry about Timmy. We should've never fought and never let a girl come between us. After falling, the water rose and swept me down river. Remember Mac Johanson?" Jaxon seemed to be reliving the past. And so did Jim.


"Yes. I remember Mac. He was always... different." Jim shrugged.Β 


"Well I know why. He never got too close to anyone. He would outlive everyone. He saved me. He changed me."Β 


"He was a vampire?" Jim asked. "How didn't anyone know?"


"He never went out of the shadows. Everyone thought he was crazy, but he wasn't. He was trying to protect everyone.Β Timmy would've tried to take his head off. To him he would've been a dirty bloodsucker." Jaxon walked back to the car.


"Mac saved me that night. When I found out what I was, I was afraid to come back. But I watched from a distance. I watched Sawyer grow up. I even watchedΒ when Miranda killed everyone. Sawyer is right. She didn't kill Barbara. Miranda did. Sawyer couldn't have. If I wouldn't have gone in after Sawyer, she would be dead. I had no choice. Change her or let her die. And I could never let my mate die." He looked at Sawyer so intensely, her body shuttered. "You see, there's no way Sawyer killed Barbara. She wasn't a vampire before that night. It takes time for the change."


"Who killed Barbara then?" Jim asked fiercely.


"It was Miranda. Witches can change their appearance. She changed to look like Sawyer. She did it to turn you against her. Dont you see Jim? Miranda would do anything to makeΒ you suffer. And to make you hunt your daughter? That would make you suffer."


Tears ran down Sawyers face. "Oh daddy." She hugged him tight. "I missed you daddy."


" I know now that you didn't kill her. I love you babygirl. I missed you so." He squeezed her tight. As they let go. Jim suddenly looked terrified.


"What's wrong Jim?"


"They're after you. Y'all killed too many people. You need to hide. If I found you, so can they." His actions were frantic.


"Jim, the only people we killed were the ones that owned the cabin. They tried to kill Sawyer. They aimed gun loaded with silver bullets at her. It was the only way."Β He wrapped his arm around her. "I love her." His voice was low.


"So if you didn't kill those people, who did?" Jim asked, not sure what to think.


"My guess is, Miranda. She's always trying to find ways to make us suffer.

She must've known that you made a deal. I'm not sure I want to hear the details." Jaxon grabbed a book from.the car. "This was Barbara's. There's a page she wrote in how she feared for you and Sawyer. She was afraid of Miranda. She knew she would kill her."


Jim's eyes were wide. He took the book. "Thankyou. I will read it and hold it close to me, always."


"Sweetheart." Jim looked at Sawyer. "We need to prove who killed all those people." He stood for a minute. Shame and embarrassment crossed his face . "I'm so sorry babygirl."Β He grabbed her hand and held it to his face. "Please forgive me." Tears rolled down his cheeks.


Sawyer whispered. "I forgive you daddy."


"Well isnt that sweet." A voice came from the hill. Then a gun cocked. "I know two of you are the vamps that killed those in Silven City. Don't give me a reason to use these silver bullets." Jaxon and Sawyer stood still until they tried to grab Jim as he ran toward the man, and pulled out his knife.


"He can't beat him!" Sawyer yelled at Jaxon.


Jaxon was faster than the human eye could see. The man was distracted buy Jaxon's sudden disappearance. Jim lunged at him. The knife entered the mans abdomen. Jim attacked him. The gun fired.


Jaxon finished the man as he saw Sawyer run to her dad.


"Daddy!" Sawyer shouted. In a flash she was at his side. "No, no, no, Daddy. Please be ok." Her tears dripping. He turned and smiled. "I love you babygirl. I got this." His smile was bloody.Β 


"No daddy. I just got you back. Don'tΒ leave me." Sobs echoed in the air.


Jim reached for Jaxon. "You were my best friend. You were there for me, no one else was. You were there for her when I wasn't." Jim coughed up blood. "I guess I wasn't all that immortal." He snorted. "Take care of her. Only you." He wheezed. "Can be my best friend. Be turned into a vamp and go on to court my daughter." Jim's bloody hand cupped Sawyer's cheek. "I love you babygirl."


"I can change you, Jim." Jaxon was devastated.


"No. I'm ready." He coughed and wheezed some more. "I've been an old man for 200 years." He looked at Sawyer. " I love." His head fell limp.


Holding him, she rocked back and forth. "No daddy." She said between sobs and pleaded with Jaxon. Sorrow was on his face. She leaned her head back and roared in pain. It was heard through the woods. Birds flew from the trees. The local wildlife stopped, looking for the danger. "NOOOOOOOOO!" She screamed. "Daddy, no."


Jaxon picked her up in his arms. She wrapped hers around his neck and cried into his chest. He carried her to the shelter he built. She now knew why he was breaking limbs. It looked like a lean to. It would work for the night. Gently, he laid her down on the pallet of blankets from the car. He stood to go get her something to drink. "Don't leave." She softly said.Β 


He looked down at her, then got to his knees."Okay." He said, brushing hair from her face. "I'll stay. But we need to feed."


"Feed from me." She said.


"Are you sure?" Jaxon was surprised.Β 


"I love you too, Jaxon. I didn't want to admit it. Everything's so overwhelming. I thought this would make it worse. I was wrong. I need you, Jaxon. Make me your mate." SheΒ beared her neck for him.


"Not like this." He started undressing her. He laid his naked body beside her. He cupped her cheeks. "I love you." He slipped inside her. He bit into her soft flesh. When he got his fill, she did the same. Both taken to bliss.


Sawyer stepped out of the shelter a new woman. "Come on Jaxon. We have to stop her."


"I'm coming baby."Β 


"No you're not." She giggled. "But you did several times last night."


His laughter filled the air. She loved his laugh. "Yes I did." Her cheeks blushed.


He stood, slipped his pants on and walked to the car.


"What's in the car?" Sawyer walked to him.


"The keys." He said slyly.


"Are you serious? It isn't broke down?" She frogged him.


"It was the only way to get you to be my mate. I seear I didn't know anything else would happen." He used his fingers to raise her head. "I'm sorry about your dad. He was a good man." They looked to the grave they'd dug in the night.


"Yes he was." Sawyer's voice low. Her head lowered for a moment. She looked up at him, her eyes black. "Let's get that bitch."


Jaxon replaced the battery cable, jumped in and started the car. They drove out of the wooded area and he heard her. "I love you." Those were the most beautiful words he would ever hear.


They came close to Silven City. A fog appeared. Then they heard. "Well if it isn't Bonnie and Clyde."


"Show yourself, bitch!" Sawyer yelled.Β Jaxon brought the car to a halt. "You will die for your crimes."


"My crimes? You're the ones being hunted. " Miranda appeared in front of them.


"We know." Jaxon growled.


"Well now. Don't we have a nice hero for you little girl. He is a great knight in bright red car." Then she laughed.


Torches and men emerged from the fog. They were after them. "They're right over here boys." Miranda grinned at them. "I brought them to you as you were promised."


Jaxon whispered something to Sawyer. She said, "okay." She stepped out of the car. Then she disappeared.


"Where the hell did she go?" One man asked.


"The witch here decided to jerk you around by bringing us within your reach then removing us one by one."


"That's. That's not true." Miranda'sΒ voice faltered. Some of the men heard it.


Discussion was heard from the mob. It wasn't audible. There were too many of them. "Prove it then, witch."


"I will." Her overconfidence observed by many. She raised her hand and chanted. She looked where she last saw Sawyer. Smoke rose from the ground. Her chanting got louder. The ground exploded.


"You can't can you?" Jaxon said with a smirk. "Your magic won't work on full blood vampires."


"Yes it will." Her confidennce faltered. Her voice now shook Jaxon started toward her. "Stay away from me bloodsucker!" She shouted.


He kept coming. She chanted again.Β Β Something grabbed her hands. "Now Jaxon!"Β Sawyer yelled.


The crowd stood there, watching.


Jaxon threw a cup of gasoline on Miranda. He had gotten it on the way there.


"What the hell?" Miranda squealed.


"If she is telling the truth, she will not burn and you can be free to kill us. We will give up willingly." Jaxon roared to the crowd.


A man from the crowd stepped forward. "I've questioned her loyalty. Please. Let us do this. We can finally be rid of the Silven City Slayer."


Another man stepped forward. "We started questioning if you two were to blame after a while. The murders got sloppy and some didn't even have the puncture wounds but were drained of blood. Then Jim came to town talking about hunting his little girl. He thought you killed his sister." The man looked at the ground since she was invisiblee. "Everything he said about you came from a man that loved his daughter. Sawyer, we know that you couldn't have possibly turned that fast. He was confused."Β 


Sawyer became visible. He gave her a nod and walked to the witch, held the torch to her soaked chest. The screams were horrible. Sawyer grasped her so she couldn't run. Her fingers blistering. But she held fast.


The men surrounded the witch. One threw heavy chains around her. "We will watch you until you take your last breath." The man spat at her.


"Come on baby. Let's go get cleaned up and plan a wedding." Jaxon chuckled.


"What did you say?" Sawyer gasped.


"You heard me. Will you marry me , Sawyer? "


She leaped into his arms with a big resounding , "Yes!"


All the men not tending to the witch started clapping, hooting and hollering.


Jaxon carried Sawyer off into the distance to start their new, worry free, lives.


I guess if this were a fairy tale, it would be their happily ever after.



October 15, 2020 14:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Elaina Goodnough
17:11 Dec 06, 2020

Hello! Although this story was a little too β€œsteamy” for me, it was well written. I liked the line "You tell me and we'll both know." It made me laugh! Good job! -Rose

Reply

Thank you... I try to have a bit of comedy somewhere in each story. I think everything should have a bit of comedy somewhere. But that's just me. Lol

Reply

Show 0 replies

I almost forgot that is one of my favorite lines in that story also... Lol. I loved writing that story but that's the kind of stuff I usually write. Anything vampire or shifter... And I seem to be creating a trend for myself. Like an Easter egg or a calling card of sorts. I am leaving a mention in each story (except a couple) of vampires somewhere... Lol

Reply

Elaina Goodnough
20:25 Dec 06, 2020

Oh, that is so fun! Good job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.