4 comments

Romance

I am so very much in love. She's so perfect. Even in her flaws she's perfect.

I love everything about her, not just her body, which is fantastic, but her smile, her face, the sound of her voice, the joy she brings by just being in her presence.

Her laughter lights up a room.

From her long flowing red hair, to her perfect nose, I just adored everything about her.

We dated for over a year before I asked her to marry me.

She answered with a very enthusiastic "Yes!" And threw her arms around me.

It wasn't a long engagement. Just long enough for Anna to plan her perfect Wedding day.

She wanted what she wanted. Perfect colours, perfect dress, a small classic ensemble playing perfect music. A professional soloist.

The reception hall fully decorated. A huge wedding cake. The printed invitations, the guest lists, the maids of honour in their rather unique dresses.

I had always been taught that the wedding day was for the bride, and the honeymoon was for the groom, so I let Anna and her parents plan the wedding that Anna wanted.

I planned what I thought would be the perfect honeymoon in a forested cabin on a lake in Montana. Just beautiful and not too rustic. Catered meals so that neither of us would have to cook.

I guess I should have realized early on that it was all a lie, all a farce. Another joke on "good old steady Sean".

They had no idea who or what I was capable of.

I kept seeing little signs that my Mother was paying just a little too much time with her, just a little too physically affectionate toward my fiancee.

The little brushes of the hands. The embraces that lasted just a little too long.

And for her part, Anna wasn't really doing anything to stop my Mother's advances.

I talked to my Father about my concerns, but he brushed it aside, putting it all down to pre-wedding jitters.

So, I brushed my suspicion all aside, and put on my tuxedo that Anna had picked out for me.

I stood looking in the tall mirror, and looked at the man staring back at me. So much pain, so much loneliness until I met my Anna.

I was retired from a very successful military security company.

I'd never shared much about my professional life with my fiance, and Anna really had no idea how successful I really was.

I wanted Anna to love me for me.

I'd just told my future Father in Law that I was well able to take care of his daughter.

My Best Man and my six Groomsmen were all members of my security task force that I had known for many years.

Some were still active, but most were trying to enjoying their retirement with differing degrees of success.

They were normally a boisterous bunch. Men's men who worked hard and played harder, but at my request they were trying their best to contain their enthusiasm.

Some of us hadn't seen each other in over a year, and we all tried to be comfortable in our wedding tuxedos.

The Church was ready, the music was playing, and as usual, I had to make a pit stop.

I popped into the restroom at the rear of the chapel, and did my business.

That's when I heard the noises.

Someone in the throws of a passionate embrace. Moans of sexual pleasure.

I felt indignant that someone would be doing such a thing on my wedding day, and burst into the ladies room next door. I mean, who does that on a wedding day?

I couldn't believe what I saw.

My Anna, the love of my life, was leaning back spread eagle on a table, with the hem of her wedding dress pulled up past her waist, with my Mother's hand buried under all of the silk, lace, and crinolines, busily thrusting her finger into my fiancee's most intimate spot. I could see Anna's underwear dangling from her ankle.

My Mother and my Anna were engaged in a passionate kiss. I'd never had any indication that my Mother was bisexual.

They stopped and looked at me, and said an expletive, before I backed out and shut the door.

Anna came running after me, with her panties still hanging from her ankle.

She kept telling me to wait as she followed me down the aisle.

Word quickly spread through the crowd.

And then the laughter started. They all laughed. The joke was firmly on me.

I barely heard my Mother yelling at me to mind my own business, and chastising me for interrupting them.

My Father was smiling, and said, something about it being "only love".

Anna's Father just stood shaking his head, and looking at me with a "You poor duped bastard" look on his face.

The rest of the Bridal party thought it was hilarious that I'd been completely hoodwinked, and laughed as I walked towards the minister, and signaled to my best man to escort him and my Father out of the building.

There was an uneasy silence as I gave the signal to my Groomsmen to seal the building.

The panic didn't start to set in until my Best man handed me my silenced assault rifle before he deployed his own.

And then the screaming, the smoke, the steady pops of the suppressed gunfire, as death reigned supreme in the little chapel.

We worked methodically, walking on line and killed them all.

We saved my dear Mother and Anna for last.

I wanted to know if their little act of contempt was worth it. This wasn't the first time my Mother had taken advantage of me to meet her own selfish needs. She'd stolen money from me, to send both her and my younger siblings on trips and never paid me back, or even invited me along.

And what about Anna? She tried to explain that it was just a momentary thrill, and would never have happened again.

Mother just started yelling about her having a need that had to be satisfied right then, and hadn't really expected it to be found out.

I couldn't bring myself to do what needed to be done, so I got my team to finish them off.

I knew that eventually the police would come for me, but I also knew that I didn't care.

July 25, 2020 09:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Keerththan 😀
08:06 Aug 11, 2020

Nice story. I think you should have some follow up after this. Keep writing.👏👏👏👏. Would you mind reading my story “The secret of power?”

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nandan Prasad
11:50 Aug 01, 2020

Very well-written story! The ending really got me, but I have to say that I enjoyed every bit of it. Fabulous and keep writing! Also, please do check out my stories if it is not too much trouble. Thanks and good luck

Reply

Show 0 replies
Shannon Dolan
08:57 Jul 26, 2020

Fantastic 👏👏👏👏👏👏🥰

Reply

James Dolan
22:55 Jul 27, 2020

🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.