My Stranger-to-Friend Friend

Submitted into Contest #96 in response to: Write a story about strangers becoming friends, or friends becoming strangers.... view prompt

1 comment

Fiction Friendship Middle School

I was so tired. I looked around franticly trying to find somewhere to sit. Finally I saw a little wood bench to sit on. I sat down letting all my thoughts blow behind me with the cold wind.

I took a big gulp of my water as a hear soft pat a about 2 feet next to me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a dark figure. I couldn't tell exactly what it was so I sl owly put my water bottle down back into my bag.

I turned my head to see a girl sitting on the bench. I have never seen her before. Some strands of her thin silky blonde hair fell onto her face. She didn't bother moving it. She seemed so shy, but even though I don't even know her I feel like she is really kind. I don't know how I'm feeling this. I don't know her but I feel like I do. You know what I think I should just leave. I wanted to get this out of my head. I stood up but right before I did I heard a soft sound. It sounded so innocent and pure. The sound was a word.

It said,

" Hello,"

The sound was so soft and Quiet I thought I was starting to imagine things. Then I looked at the girl sitting quietly behind me. She was looking towards me. But when I started to turn my head I could see her quickly looking in the other direction. She was really shy. I could tell it by the expression on her face. At least the small piece of her face that I could see. She was hiding it like she was embarrassed.

Even though I didn't even do anything I felt kind of bad.

"Hi," I said smiling at her, "uh, what is your name?" I said quickly. I waited for her reply.

She looked at me and softly said, " Rose, you?"

"That's a beautiful name. I'm Violet." I replied. I was happy we were finally talking. Well sort of talking. This is just the beginning.

After a few seconds of award silence I decided to break it. I put out my hand so she could shake it. She looked at it for a second the took her hand out of her pocket and shook it, very gently. She pulled back her hand and put it back in the pocket as a small smiling started to emerge on her face.

"Hey do you wanna come over to my place? We can do something a little more... Pleasant there," I suggested. Rose just did a little nod and stood up. Her hands stayed in her pockets of her black, oversized sweatshirt. It looked really comfortable.

We started walking towards my place, barley talking. The only 'conversation' we were having was really just one of us asking something then the other answering. Then silence. Then finally we reached my home.

"This is it. Welcome to my house Rose." I said motioning her in a fancy manner. I saw her looking up and down. She shrugged and walked to the door she waited for me while looking at our flowers on the front porch. She gently felt the petals of the pink roses.

I came up to the door and opened it, she walked in and I followed along. While we were going up to my room, we finally started having some decent conversations. I started to get to know her better. She told me she got her name rose because when she was born and came home for the first time, a rose petal fell from a vase onto her face. I was really starting to like her.

One we came into my room Rose freaked. I did not know she had that in her. When we just met she was so shy and her voice was so soft, now she was almost screaming, and I think I know why. My room was completely pink and was rose themed. There were a few different kind of flowers but mainly rose.

Rose started running around my room saying it was amazing. And she was really kind. She wasn't just messing my room and running around. If she touched something then she made sure it looked exactly the same as before. She was really polite and I liked that about her.

"Hey come sit in the bed Rose. It look's like you like my room. I am glad you do," I patted my bed as a gesture to tell her to sit down. She walked over and sat down.

We started laughing and talking and having fun. She really started to open up to me. And I think I did the same. We decided to watch a movie. We were having a lot of fun. I felt really happy about it.

Later, my mom came home from the mall. My dad was still at work. When I heard the doorbell I quickly rushed downstairs. I opened the door and my mom rushed it with a bunch of bags on her hand. She put them down on the kitchen counter. Rose rushed downstairs too and when my mom saw her she looked confused.

" Oh who's your new friend Violet?" I answered my moms question by telling her about rose. My mom smiled.

I started heading back towards the stairs and motions for Rose to follow. We went back upstairs and once we reached my room I flopped onto my bed. Rose chuckled and she sat on the bed.

"I guess we didn't really say this but your mom did." Rose said to me. I sat up.

" what to you mean? What did my mom say?" I asked, puzzled.

"She said I was your friend. Do you think we are friends?" She answered with hope. I could see it in her eyes. Her deep blue eyes.

"Of COURSE!! You are my Stranger-to-Friend kind of friend."

We both laughed and did a high five. We might have been strangers 2 hours ago, but now I feel like we are the best of friends.

June 02, 2021 18:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Hadiyah Khan
12:56 Jun 14, 2021

Nice! I really enjoyed the story. Keep it up!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.