0 comments

Inspirational Mystery Christian

«Entering Eternity or the Story of One Ascension.»

That's what I don't like, waiting, thought Elizabeth.

For a third day the girl stood over her body in utter bewilderment.

- Where is this road up?

The bright path to heaven?

Ah, how the ignorance makes me nervous!

At that moment a man appeared beside the girl. His silhouette took on a stiffness and a sharper outline than at first sight. There was something familiar about his features. Very familiar!

He was dressed in the style of the nineteenth century. A tailored coat and the ubiquitous cylinder were a peculiar feature of men in those days.

- Well, hello, my dear.

How do you do? The gentleman bowed gallantly, took off his hat and smiled.

- Who are you?

- Me? I'm the composer.

I remember you, too, child, a wonderful harpist. You even tried to put together a sonnet. Not very well, really.

I'd have added some sunshine to it. It's a bit dreary in the autumnal way. In general, you're a rather dull person.

You've shortened your own century. Who asked such a wonderful mind to think about eternal things in such a muddy gray scheme?

- Were you expecting someone else?

- I thought I'd see my family.

- You will, you will, of course, but a little later.

Your mother's a wonderful but shallow woman. She hasn't been able to get to the council for a year. She's been stagnating. Why do you ask?

You're too attached to the worldly. Neither spirituality in you, nor confidence, that after the corruptible world there is only the beginning! Have you ever remembered her with a kind word, spiritual in church or at home?

No! Not according to the custom of burial. All is confused in your world. That's why souls are suffering now, studying, and that, you know, is not an easy thing! On Earth science is nothing to you but dirt, and even that is difficult to obtain! Here it's just learning, learning and learning again… As the one who's always running from the lower to the upper left bequeathed you. He can't find his place, he's done all sorts of things, and now he's washing his companions' feet. We feel sorry for him, and shaky – to each his own!

The man took Lizonka under his arm, and they entered the semi-darkness.

- Excuse me, what is your name?

Your features are very familiar.

- Would you be so kind as to accept me as your guide? The gentleman bowed.

- Frederick!

- Oh, yes, you're Chopin!

- We've recognized you.

- I've seen you in portraits. You have a very conspicuous bowtie. As I remember now. Curly hair, high forehead, straight nose.

- Thank you. It's nice to be recognized.

Will you take the harp?

An instrument appeared two meters to the right.

- May I?

- Of course! Well, child, it's not the stoker who's here for you! – Frederick was indignant.

That's the way it's supposed to be. It's all according to rank. Esenin meets the poets, but he's often late. He won't get up from the table till they're all done partying!

Musicians, me!

Churchill is head of state. He looks and speaks very presentable. He comes from the establishment!

- How about that harp?

Lisa reached for the instrument.

- Leave it.

The man made a semicircular gesture with his hand in the air and the harp sailed after the departing couple.

- You forgot that you are energy, so to say a blob not endowed with matter. You could have done it yourself, but your vibrations are low, you just came to us!

- And why are you also in human form?

- However!!!

Images change, but is it not better to see something comfortable and familiar than a cloud or a creature of alien species?

Elizabeth nodded silently.

- Why, will I play there too?

- And what would you like to do in the queue, besides taking time off to study?

Wouldn't it be better to improve your art?

It might come in handy in your next life. We, for example, have bards doing just that. Even to young souls they pass on their experience. They are all early, their passions and vices have ruined them. What they didn't have time to do with us they finish.

The cloud thinned around and to the left the girl was sprayed with the scent of tobacco, so tart that if she were a body, she would sneeze for sure.

- Oh, comrades!

Out of the immense mass loomed a profile with a pipe.

- Shall we get a refill?

- Not you, not you. The creative creature has arrived. She can't even stick her nose in your politicized bedlam. You'll turn your soul upside down with your speeches alone!

- And you, Comrade Koba, it's time to go to the viewing. Aren't you curious about what's happening on Earth?

- What can happen there without me? Anarchy alone. I've seen this lawlessness, I can't lay a hand on them!

They've gone soft, they've gone soft.

- It won't be long for you. In three hundred years, you'll be back, you'll put everything right!

The path of mist began to widen and take on the appearance of a path. Three very drunk citizens appeared on it. They were clearly in a state of amusement and did not stop there, had an animated conversation, more like an argument.

Lisa was dumbfounded.

- What can you have to drink?

- My dear child, it's not you, it's us at the moment. Everything is allowed here. You're still very attached to the land, you have all sorts of attitudes, prohibitions, boundaries of reasonableness. Until they reach the council, let them have fun, pamper themselves. What can they do harm to themselves? They are so debauched as long as they have a chance. They're coming back from school!

They're creative artists, too! Everyone's quicker to the council and out into the world, but they're cheerful, cheerful.

Sometimes they sing a song that makes your soul dance.

Frederick led Elisabeth up the stairs, which were like an escalator without steps, and were immersed in a light that was unusually pleasant to the senses and to the eye.

Harp stood beside her.

- Good journey Elisabeth!

The girl had already realized that this was not a dream, and she was unlikely to wake up. But somehow this question worried less and less, all earthly cares disappeared from her head, memory left her, everything seemed somehow small, silly and unimportant.

The girl picked up the harp, and the melody, subtle, flowery, soulful, filled the entire space around her. It was like nothing she had ever played before.

A single phrase hung in thought and images of life's departing memory, it pulsed and spilled, filling the spirit-

«That's it! I will play only pleasant things and think pleasant thoughts! I will live longer in my next life! It was good down there-green, fresh, beautiful!

And I thought I'd find a way out after death, silly me, silly! That's no way out!

Elizabeth believed that this path was only the beginning. Somewhere Frederic Chopin himself was smiling at her thoughts. That day, down there, amidst the slush of the streets and the dejection of the souls, some of them lifted their eyes to the heavens. Their voices, too, were heard.

One man said to his daughter, «Look at the clouds! Look. There's a girl playing music, and this cloud looks like a musical instrument. Everything is going to be all right.

Why do you think so, my readers?

Because happiness is contagious. One bright thought and one smile can illuminate millions.

Back to Elizabeth?

Elizabeth walked forward, easily, walking to where eternity awaits her, just thinking about it gives even me the creeps, don't you?

And it doesn't matter how life turns out for you now. It's important to say what this girl said at the end.

Elizabeth:- Thank you, God! Thank you so much!

February 05, 2022 17:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.