BLENDING SKIN COLORS

Written in response to: Write a story that hinges on the outcome of a coin flip.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction People of Color Western

What would be said about the origin of people living on Earth maybe described according to their skin colors. Skin colors where many are thriving like Africa where most Black people live because their skin is black. Chinese people who lives in China are known to have yellow skin as being recorded. There are also places in Southeast Asia like Indonesia , Philippines and Malaysia whose skin cover is brown belonging to the Malayan race. But what they call people belonging to the white race is the most powerful race on Earth because they excel in all fronts socially economically and individually. Individually when they try to choose their partners in life and how is that possible when they choose a partner with a different skin color other than theirs? But let's look into biblical accounts that says if you mixed a blood through marriage the genes would weaken and may result to some deformities depending upon how strong the genes are. But some mixed marriages will result to the most beautiful and adorable women in the world. The beauty contest Miss Universe where women around the world vie for the crown as Miss Universe while judges will search for their lineage, personality and social backgrounds they may find that they no longer belong to a pure race but they are a product of interracial marriage. So what happens if two races blending together? You may find the difference unexpectedly physically maybe the color and shape of the eyes the color of the hair and if you focus to the skin color you will notice a significant change. Take for example Tom who belong to a white race of Scottish origin married Graciela belonging to a brown race there children will look different and the same in some ways. While the daughter will inherit the skin of her mother his brother inherits the full white skin color of his father. That is the mystery of blending skin colors of two races. Many other factors will have to be adjusted in the union of two different races. Do they also reflect the culture where they came from? Pretty sure this happens about the food alone when they have to pick what kind of food will they buy at the grocery store. Tom may choose bread but Graciela may choose rice. Since Graciela is not used to eat large amount of protein or meat when Tom prefers steaks and gallons of milk Graciela has to serve the white people diet and her food which is rice and vegetables, chicken meat and eggs will suffice. Other things will have to be adjusted on how to raise their children, would they exchange their cultural practices and traditions." While Graciela grew up in a religious and piously practice her beliefs Tom don;t have that practice but enjoys the Christmas merriment. Graciela made up her mind not to feed her religious beliefs to her children and decided to let them decide for themselves as they are brought up in a free society to practice what they believe for the benefit of their children. Tom have no plan to visit the country where Graciela came from, he could only relate what is the real conditions when he watched what is happening to their country where floods and storms devastates the tropical country and makeshift dwellings will be washed away with high waves surging and nothing left to their shelters while Graciela in comparison to the weather where she lives it doesn't matter experiencing the four seasons when they both Tom and herself worked their way to bring up their children in what others may not believe because they were able to blend their culture their practices to live a well meaning and fruitful life when their children are making good in their school achievements and a few friends in their social circle to be their longtime friends. Graciela and Tom met when a friend introduced her to Tom when she made friends with the white culture aside her own. Tom in his own volition felt a deep interest to know more about Graciela but Eastern culture is quite different when it comes to courtship. Since Graciela is somewhat modernized and learned the western culture about courtship she decided to follow Tom when he asked her that they will live together without their parent's consent. This must be hard to Graciela's parents clinging to the practice of a marriage ceremony before becoming partners in life. But her mother tried to understand their situation when she gave birth to his son and the weekly visits strengthened the family bond. of both cultures speculatively guessing a failed relationship by their cultural counterparts because of the blending of two different cultures but it worked for Tom and Graciela. When both families met together at the wedding ceremony when Tom and Graciela decide to tie the knot Graciela found out how big was Tom's family where his great grandparent attended the ceremony and also his aunts and uncles while Graicela flew in to attend the most awaited wedding of two culures the East and West cultures. While Tom worked his way up to the ladder of his work he didn't let Graciela go to work fulltime but let Graciela stay home to look after their four kids. She helped Tom around the household chores cutting grass improve the physical condition of their hose from cleaning to painting with her inexperience skills being an only girl in the family such household chores with their former two bedroom was not much to do inside their house. What she remembered is to buy chicks in the market and raised them at home and she would cry if his brothers will cooked them At one time she contracted bronchitis sleeping with her duck. She also raised the small singing parrot and the big green one that was lost suspecting a cat might have eaten it or flew away. So her mother was wondering how she coped about the new life she have now with a bigger house she and Tom were able to purchase a bigger lot using a hand tractor to cut the grass comparing her life in her own country.They raise their children as typical parents Tom a very responsible man providing all their needs and even cooking their food after work and furnished , improve the bigger house where they entertained the whole family on Christmas time spacious enough to accommodate the whole family of Tom, Graciela's parents and their relatives from their home country. The blending of people in color with other colors resulted into a big change.

January 10, 2023 20:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.