1 comment

Fantasy

The Hunter

 

Dawn 7 AM two armed men stand outside an old abandoned town on top of a plateau. One Sherriff and one Bounty hunter. They have tracked a particularly dangerous criminal to this area. The town Is surrounded on all sides by a large sand stone wall with a large gate in the center. Its half destroyed as if one side of it has been ripped off.

Sherriff maloy and the Hunter approach the gate slowly in anticipation of an attack. The Bounty that they are chasing is a Man known as “Calamity Sam” the gunslinging Warlock. He’s been accused of making an entire town vanish, as if it had never even existed.

 

The hunter draws his weapon, a revolver loaded with six magical bullets of the elements. “Come on out now!” he yells as he carefully enters the decrepit ghost town. Maloy follows him closely with his rifle drawn.

As they both step into the center of town, the buildings begin to warp and surround the two incasing them from every angle. Even the sky is blotted out and covered by the thrown together crooked and twisted pieces of old half destroyed wooden buildings.  A deep raspy voice surrounds them saying “You… Youuu… will PERRISH” The sheriff is clearly engulfed in fear is riveted to the spot with tears streaming down his face. Shards of wood from the buildings shoot at the hunter and sheriff but with his lightning fast reflexes the hunter fires one shot of his revolver. An elemental bullet of Fire hits the ceiling burning the buildings and stopping the wood shards from hitting either of them.

 

The town reverts back to its original non distorted form and everything appears just as it was before the attack.

 

“Illusion magic?, you’ve gotta try a little harder than that to kill me”

 

 

 

ZIIPOW

A bullet hits the sheriff in the chest, the hunter dives away to take cover from the incoming bullets. Hundreds bullets are rushing towards the hunter as he tries to scramble to find cover, he zig zags away from the fire and hides behind a destroyed brick wall which probably went to a jail before the town was abandoned. He braces himself to peak from cover and fire back. He fires one elemental bullet of wind. This causes the hail of bullets from the other side of town to flip around and crash into those who had originally fired them so hard that a huge gust of wind came over the area.

 

“ IM COMIN FOR YOU SAMMMM!!!”

 

The hunter rushes out into the open past the deceased sheriff and onto the other side of town where he suspects the warlock to be.

 

The hunter is involuntarily stopped in his tracks, feet frozen to the ground his knees almost broke from the force of his momentum from the sprint carrying on while his legs stuck to the ground and his body jolted forward.

A dark cloud forms in front of the hunter and from comes Calamity Sam himself, he takes a dagger from his belt and holds it to the hunter neck cackling manically

 

“ya know, you could’ve been anywhere else. Enjoying your life, but NO, you haaad to come lookin for little old me.”

“eh Im not a fan of speeches Sam get it over with hurry up”

The hunter says as he spits in Sam’s face as both a sign of disrespect and as a distraction. The hunter reaches for his revolver and shoots a bullet of the sea at Sam.

 

Upon being fired the bullet transforms into considerably large sized wave that rushes at Sam with insane speed and force. The binding spell that held the hunter to the ground had been removed due to Sam losing focus and control of his magic form the sudden attack.

 

Sam is knocked to the ground with such force that he is now struggling to breath, dirt and salty water have filled his lungs. The hunter approaches him quickly and with a look of determination and fury on his face, in an attempt to save himself from what horrors awaited him if he let the hunter capture him Sam casts a spell of destruction.

Waving his hands in the air he manages to croak out the words “It is over”

 

The ground collapses in on itself both the Hunter and the Warlock sink into the ground losing sight of each other, Sam is carried away by the falling land and uses it to travel beneath the earth to reach safety far far away from the hunter.

The hunters body is being beaten and crushed by the falling dirt and rocks as he sinks deeper and deeper into the earth. He franticly tries to grab onto anything that would help him climb back to the surface, everything he grabs breaks and falls with him.

In what may be a stroke of genius brought about by the need for self preservation, he takes his revolver, aims it towards the direction that he is falling, and shoots a bullet of earth.

The bullet flies downward and within seconds it morphs into a huge stone pillar. The pillar catches the hunter and continues to extend itself past the falling land. As it gets closer and closer to the surface the hunter is beginning to suffocate from all of the dirt being shoved into his face blocking his mouth and nostrils.

The stone pillar carries the hunter up until it bursts through to the surface where it stops. The hunter hurriedly smacks the dirt from his face and tries to blow it from his and spit it from his mouth. He sits up atop the pillar and looks around to see that the entire town had been swallowed by the earth. The warlock had vanished and he was the only thing left in the area. He sat there for a while resting and catching his breath, he stayed on that pillar for two days. Thinking, planning and resting, he HAD to find the Warlock now he couldn’t let him get away.


January 15, 2020 21:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Yoomi Ari
21:42 Jan 22, 2020

Original in its own unique way. Well done! You’ve turned a story into a movie visually! You had a brilliant story but then cliffhanger! I am one person who loves an ending to a brilliant story. Soooooo could you please do a part 2! 🥺If this doesn’t work out, try the movies! And that is a compliment👏🏻

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.