0 comments

Coming of Age Fantasy Romance

Angela had woken up only half an hour ago and the events of the day had already spiraled out of control. It was her best friend Jacob's wedding day, and Angela had promised to be watching him walk down the aisle as the best man. But as Angela frantically looked for something to wear, she realized she was running an hour behind schedule.

She quickly stumbled out of the house. She ran as fast as she could across town and fought her way through the crowd gathered at the church. With every step she felt the anxiety building up inside of her. What if she had missed the ceremony already?

When she finally arrived, she was relieved to see Jacob walking down the aisle with his new bride. But in her absence, her best friend had kept on walking with his back to her. Before she had a chance to catch up with him and give him a proper hug, Jacob had already taken his vows.

Angela was devastated. She had built so much anticipation for this special moment only for her to stumble in too late. The world seemed to move in slow motion as she watched the beautiful exchange of vows. Though it seemed like a lifetime, the ceremony wrapped up quickly and it was time for the couple to move to the reception.

Angela watched from a distance as everyone left the church. With a sigh, she realized that she had missed the moment that would be ingrained in Jacob and his bride's memories for the rest of their lives. She was also unable to properly celebrate with her best friend, something she's looked forward to doing since they've been children.

Unfortunately, Angela's tardiness had come between her and the special moment she had planned to witness. She could only watch with a heavy heart as the couple drove away, wrapping up their special day.

Angela never wanted to be the one to miss out. She loved those moments when people could feel and share the joy, happiness, and excitement of such a special day like no other. She wanted to be there with her friends, laughing and having fun, being part of the special day and not just an observer.

But for now, all she could do was stand quietly among the remnants of the wedding watching Jacob and Jane's car drive away. A lump rising in her throat, she wished them a lifetime of love and happiness.

The now-silent church reminded Angela of all the moments she had missed out on, from not being able to make her friend's wedding to not being able to be there for her brother's graduation. It seemed like no matter how hard she tried, she was always on the outside looking in.

Taking a deep breath, Angela realized that this was one of those moments that would define her life and that it wouldn't be like this forever. She thought of all the weddings, graduations and other special events that she would witness in her future, and with newfound resolve, Angela decided she wouldn't let another moment pass her by again.

Angela stood in her bedroom, with the walls decorated with photos of her and her friends during some of the happiest moments of their lives. Taking a deep breath, she realized that this was one of those moments that would define her life and that it wouldn't be like this forever.

She thought of all the weddings, graduations and other special events that she would witness in her future and knew that if she wanted to be present for those moments, she had to take the plunge and make changes now.

Feeling motivated, Angela started to clear the room of all the clutter that had been accumulating, and washing away the dust that had settled. As she worked, the energy in the room began to lift. She felt a sense of lightness, that she had allowed her space to be free from the weight of all the old items that had been taking up space and energy in her life.

Once the room was finished, Angela was able to reflect and appreciate all that had changed in the space and in her life. There was something about the clarity and stillness of the room that made her realize that it wouldn't be like this forever; that she had opportunities to live a life that she desired with experiences to compliment it.

With newfound resolve, Angela decided she wouldn't let another moment pass her by again. She was determined to take risks and be brave enough to take those leaps of faith that would lead her to a meaningful and fulfilled life. She made a promise to herself that she would make the most of every present moment and create the future that she wanted.

Angela had reached a turning point in her life. Her natural inclination was toward safety and staying in her comfort zone, leaving her feeling unfulfilled and discontented. On a chance afternoon, she decided to take a walk instead of going through the motions of her daily routine.

The sun was shining and her steps were light. She felt deeply grateful for the simple beauty and serenity of the moment and it occurred to her that this could be the way to a more meaningful life. With each new step came a newfound resolve that Angela was determined to take risks and be brave enough to take the leaps of faith that would lead her to a meaningful and fulfilled life.

Each turn along the path revealed newfound possibilities, and the opportunity to be in the present moment. She kept on walking and the sense of joy coming from within grew with each step. The joy of her environment now brought clarity on the possibilities that were before her. She was never again going to pass up this opportunity to make meaningful choices and create the future that she so desperately wanted.

Angela made a promise to herself that she would make the most of every present moment ahead. She knew these moments were the building blocks for the life she desired and she would use each one to create an ever brighter future. With newfound resolve, Angela decided she wouldn't let another moment pass her by again.

March 30, 2023 18:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.