Tina and the warty pig, Nita

Submitted into Contest #78 in response to: Write about someone who keeps an unusual animal as a pet.... view prompt

2 comments

Friendship Happy Fiction


A young girl named Tina lived in the forest with her parents. They do not have one single neighbor as their house is the farthest from the town, and only her strange parents can think that living in an isolated and far place is good. Tina is alone most of the time because her parents work on the rice fields all day long. With no one to play with, she oftentimes wander around the trees and play alone with herself. 


One day, when she was busy admiring flowers, she saw a black figure behind the tree. She was terrified that she was not able to move for a long minute. Staring blankly at the figure, she slowly stepped backward to run, but she was stopped by the sound of struggle coming from the black figure. With full curiosity, she walked towards the tree and saw a pitiful warty pig. The pig was injured and it was trying its best to walk, but it just can't. Tina was devastated seeing the warty pig enduring the pain, so as fast as she can, she ran back home and looked for anything that can help the warty pig. She came back breathing heavily with a cotton, alcohol and a piece of clothing on her hand. She did not know what she was doing, but she thought that maybe it might help the pig. Carefully she treated the pig with the 'supposed medicine' she brought with her. She felt at ease when she saw the pig regaining its little strength.



She patted the pig's head. "How did you injure yourself piggy?"



Surprisingly, the pig looked at her as if it can understand her. 



Tina smiled widely, "We can be friends you know. No, actually, you should be my friend. It will be your payment for what I have done" 



"Ngrrr" 



"Okay, friends then"



Tina just sat there with her new friend. Hours passed by and she had to go home. As much as she want to bring the pig with her, she can't, because the pig was too heavy and it cannot walk yet.



"Don't worry piggy. I'm gonna go back tomorrow. For now, I will make a shelter for you."



She took small branches of trees and built a fence around the pig.



"This will be your temporary house for tonight" She patted the pig and waved goodbye.



As morning came, a loud voice of her mom vibrated through the entire house."Tonton, a warty pig ate our rice grains!" shouted Tina's mom, Tany.



"What!? I'm gonna kill that pig!"


Tonton replied. With much haste, Tonton and Tany went to the rice field.



Tina's eyes widened when she realized what happened. A warty pig? Could it be piggy? But piggy was injured. She quickly went where she left piggy yesterday and she found nothing. She looked around for quite some time and finally gave up. 



"It couldn't be piggy" Tina whispered to herself.



Tina stayed there hoping that she might find piggy. Few minutes later, she heard footsteps, so she swiftly hide behind a big tree.



"Are you full now, Nati?"



It's a boy, Tina thought. But who is he talking to? Tina peeked from the tree and saw a boy.... WITH PIGGY!?



"It's good that you easily recovered from your injury yesterday. Now you can eat whatever you want, my sweet pet"



Pet? Eat? Piggy was the one who ate our rice grains? And who's this boy who allowed his pet to eat everything? I can't believe it. Piggy actually ate our rice grains. Tina can't hold her anger back, so she stormed out from the tree,



"You and you!" Tina pointed at piggy and the boy. "You two are guilty of stealing! And you! You allowed your pet to eat someone's rice grains? How dare you!?" Tina shouted from the top of her lungs.



"What are you talking about?" Replied the boy who seemed confused of the whole situation.



"A warty pig ate our rice grains this morning, and I just heard you talking to piggy eating everything and being full" Tina shouted again.



"No, No, No, we did not steal anything, and Nati did not eat your rice grains. I fed her this morning with lots of fruits."



"Wh..aa..t? But who ate our rice grains?"



"I don't know, probably some other warty pigs around, but I'm sure Nati was not the culprit. She's a good girl, and besides, she only eats fruits"



Tina was out of words. She was embarrassed and ashamed of herself for thinking piggy was the culprit.



"I..I'm sorry. It's just that I thought you are.."



"No, it's okay. I understand" The boy cut her. "Even I might think the same." He gave her a friendly smile.



"Th..ank you. Wh..at is your name and where are you from?"



"I am Juan. I live in the town, but I'm here because of Nati. She's my pet, you know?" The boy chuckled.



"Oh really? I thought I was the only strange one." Tina smiled awkwardly. "You know I was planning to take piggy with me, but I don't think I'm worthy of her as I just accused her of eating our rice grains"



"Don't worry yourself, Nati will forgive you. She's very kind"



"Is Nati her name?"



"Oh yes, I gave it to her when I found her years ago. She actually stays in our place, but when she grew bigger and bigger, the other children became afraid of her, so I had to bring her in the forest yesterday, but sadly she got injured"



"Yeah, I was the one who actually found her."



"Oh really? Uhm..Y..you said you want to take her and I'm scared of her being harmed in this forest. So if you still want, she can be your pet."



"I'd love to." Tina gave him a big smile.



"I'm at ease then. I can visit her some times. You know how hard it is to go here, it took me nearly three hours on my horse."



"I understand, I'll take care of her"



The boy, Juan, went back home after helping Tina bring Nati in their house. The warty pig was smart that it did not need to be pulled with rope. After a long exhausting day, it ended with Tina having a new pet which oddly sounds like her name when read backwards. 



"Nati, Nati, Nati...." Tina murmured to herself as she sat on their wooden chair.



"What are you saying, Tina?" asked Tina's mom, Tany.



"Nothing, I'm just glad you accepted Nati." Tina said sincerely.



"Oh, it's not a big deal, besides, Nati was not the one who ate our rice grains, and I'm just glad that you're so happy having her. I know you are sad because we're too busy and you don't have a friend, so if Nati can make you happy then we will gladly welcome her." Tany said and hugged her daughter Tina.



Days and months passed by, Tina and Nita became even more close with each other. Tina felt like she has her own little sister. Their bond were not just an owner-pet relationship, but it's more like a family. With regards to Juan, He can't visit Nati often now because he became busy helping his father with their fruit business. On the other hand, Tina's mom and dad love Nita so much that they planted different kind of fruits for Nita.



THE END❤️



January 28, 2021 02:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Kathryn Mofley
22:06 Feb 03, 2021

An entertaining and sweet story! Only a little work on grammar and punctuation needed. I liked it🤓

Reply

02:16 Feb 08, 2021

Oh, thanks.😍 It is my first ever story actually and english is not my first language. I will try my best tho❤️❤️🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.