Amethyst

Submitted into Contest #1 in response to: Write a story about a sweet sixteen.... view prompt

0 comments

General

February 19. Today's my birthday. And guess what? It's my sweet 16. Do I want to be 16? No. Do I look 16? Absolutely not. Do I feel 16? No. But yet today's my birthday anyways. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!", My stepmom comes in. "Hi Kelsey. Thanks." She brought me a little bag with a bow on it and an envelope. "It's not much, but it's something. I hope you like it." She hands me the small pink paper bag and I peek inside. There's a beautiful necklace with an amethyst on a silver chain. I then open the envelope. "Dear Cassidy, happy birthday! I told Kels to give this card to you on your sixteenth. I am writing this when you were seven years old, knowing I wouldn't be able to see you grow up into the young woman I know you'll be. I'm sorry I had to go so soon. I picked this amethyst out for you and Kelsey picked the chain. I hope you like it. Love, Dad." Immediately, I tear up. He died when I was eight and I didn't get any closure. And now I know this is my closure. Happy sweet sixteen to me.

August 03, 2019 22:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.