A happy ending finally

Submitted into Contest #53 in response to: Write a story about summer love — the quarantine edition.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

Alive World Blue Moon

I calculated the best place to see the Blue Moon in the park and I could almost touch it, so I tried to touch it. I went through the portal and I went to the future.  There was just rubble. There was my house and solar panels and the TV playing animation which I’ve never seen. I always bring a flash drive and download all the data from the computer. I saw the portal and it closed.

(story from different perspectives)

Nap

I went to sleep, I took a nap. In a sense I never woke up, not in the same place at least.  Each and every building was destroyed.  Everything was destroyed. I did the test or well life did it for me.  I saw a TV playing animations nonstop but no exit. I realized that this must be Alive World.  The outcome seemed clear, I would die. Then I saw smoke and a new outcome appeared. I saw my friend unable to function, she was so cold, she ate a bad animal, an evil snake. We hugged for warmth. Her campsite was very clean. It was her. I would have eaten the berries first but maybe they were both poisonous. Then once I hugged her back to health, a portal appeared and we left here with the flash drive. I had a clean bill of health but just in case my friend should get a full check-up. So I paid the Concierge doctor to figure out what is wrong. It turns out she had a severe allergy to the snake and didn’t eat the berries at all. And we became friends again but she scheduled the time spent together, we lived together but we’re nothing more than close family siblings. Come hell or high water that was us. We got a dog and we were happy. I was content with no job then, our dog died unexpectedly. Then she took a full-time Valkyrie shift.  Then she left because I was just a reminder of the dog dying. She stopped living there at all and moved to Hotel Vallahada. She was completely committed to her decision to stay in Vallahada, though I think that it was a little cut and dry for her to leave like that.  If you judged her by the look in her eyes you would automatically trust her and see that she was strong. She definitely narrowly escaped death, either way she was finished with me, no surprise visits and hang outs. She wasn’t feeling under the weather. She almost always got the best portions of brownies and cake though. If they played tug-o-war she would obviously have the upper hand. You couldn’t spot many things that went South, she never blamed things on me, but there was no parent in the situation. She never sent me on wild goose chases to find artifacts that she wasn’t sure of their existence. I hate to admit it but she’s done me a cut to the quick and I’m not happy without her.  She was always in the back of my mind. She was busy, but always made time for me. She never was on a high horse. 

In the past the problem with us is she wanted to go to Alive World and I didn’t want to. We didn’t need help but our friend Simon did. If Simon is in Alive World he probably has a screw loose without us we used to live high on the hog. At the time I didn’t know where her second job was. She seemed to work a lot. I even hired a private investigator and paid a lot of money and decided that was a mistake. We both had common sense, so why did she leave me?  I made a long video of all the pictures of us, and us and Simon and her pictures she downloaded to our cloud. I watched the video everyday and wrote short stories that were best sellers in Vallahada and then she came back. I worked as a writer and she was my muse. Then I thought about incorporating animation. I soon realized she had more money than me. Her animation is wildly successful. I wondered why she didn’t tell me. I was extremely jealous, then I knew why I had an extra room punching bag. The day she told me I tried to hide my emotion. My face was weird, then she offered me a place in her company. I wasn't jealous anymore, I was happy. I accepted her back without question and she explained herself a day later fully. I showed her what happened to me one felt when you left I showed her the hours-long video and she almost cried but she never cried. She wasn't in the doldrums we were both in the pink more than normal because of recent developments.  Now we race on treadmills with mattresses behind us in case we fall.  We are not Mormon but we never drink alcohol, none of us have parents anymore. We were both important animators. Our company finally took off.  The expectations were very high.  Then she said she is working part-time for the government on satellites which as well as animation and is a Valkyrie. What I didn’t know was that she was a spy for MI5. 

She passed the animation torch to me. WHen Odin promoted her I quit MI5 to be a teacher and co leader of a squadron of valkyries. I was an expert at animation. Every once in a while I wonder where Simon is. Then one day an arrow was shot with a note attached. Simon came back and then I was happier. Then it was writing on the wall, I hired simon. Then I gave him a spare room until my future wife came back. I had that revelation yesterday.  I decided to test our connection through worlds and it's been one year slow. So I called her and asked if she could set up a satellite to establish a connection from the living world which I wanted to live in. Then Simon spilled about his time in the mushroom world all alone with infinite food source candy mushrooms. Here's a sample you can eat and another we can send to a lab.Then she came back and finally used some of her vacation dates, got married, had kids and reached a whole nother level of happiness.

August 07, 2020 21:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.