1 comment

Fiction

By the time I stepped outside, the leaves were on fire. I was fascinated of the true beauty of nature. The blue clouds that genuinely brought happiness to my cold and dejected heart. The sun that was really transparent without any prejudices. It made me feel exceptional. I decided to find a shady place to lean on. I finally found one. I was mesmerized of the gigantic tree with lush leaves and felt secure, for it would be my shield from hypocrite sunbeams. I stayed there for a long time, and felt the light touch of wind on my face. Suddenly, the withered leaves fell on the ground and blown by the wind. I stared for a long time, without noticing that I didn't blink my eyes with unwanted thoughts in my mind. Those leaves were considered feeble, yet unimpeachable. I turned my attention to vigorous birds that sang a beautiful song. That was a sanguine song despite of their venture journey. All of a sudden, a butterfly got into my hand. The most beautiful butterfly I had seen. It possessed true beauty that vanished uncertainties. Looking on it, made me realized how exquisite the life was. Since, I stayed under the tree for a long time. I stood and walked to roam around. One thing that caught my eyes was the withered and woeful flowerpot. It looked miserable,the dried leaves started to fall. The gloomy flowers were bewailed of vexation, anguish, and disconsolate. It tore apart my worn-out heart. It neither merit nor felt endearment. At that moment,I felt the numbness of my feet, I really wanted to take a rest for a while. It seemed that I forgot something. While meditating, I glimpsed to the vines that were crawling in the yard. They were too abusive, they were exploiting the vulnerable ones. Anyway, how could they fight for themselves? Well, no one knew how could it be. It was not considered as immolation, but it was the bitter truth,which is inevitable. I tried to remove those vines, but they stuck tightly. It made them debilitated until they eventually capitulated. This was an iniquity fate for those impotent. The fatigue I felt was not equal to the grief they experienced. Still, they were hoping that somehow venture their tedious day-to-day adventures. It made me smile for a while. They depicted the courageous soldiers who didn't give up no matter how hard life was. I thought, it was all over here. While walking, I saw a new hope. Yes, a new hope that would alter the perspective of the majority. It showed that life didn't end with just one chapter. It hid lots of surprises, which proved that all suffering has an end. When I looked into the huge tree it was full of ripe fruits. I picked one and ate it. At that time, I couldn't explain the pleasure I felt. I knew that was the beginning of new hope for those who waited for a long time, who experienced dereliction, and who toiled to harvest their fruits of labor. After a while, I decided to spend my leisure time reading my favorite book under the shady tree. This tranquil place made me feel at ease for once. I didn't hear any noise. I realized that the birds were having gratification with me. They might find a better place to live in. I felt the genuine happiness I couldn't feel before. Sometimes, I was wondering how life could be living with nothing. Suddenly, I saw the leaf fell on my hand. It was so valiant, it let go even if there was no certainty of what would happen. I was holding and looking on it for a long time . I was puzzled and began to ask inquires. Did the valorous leaf really conquer trepidation? Could it be possible to be resilient in spite of adversity? I didn't know the answer. One thing I was sure of, everything would be fine in the right time. It was blown away by the wind to a distant place, far away from me. I began to read again, but this time the next chapter of the book diverted my thoughts. I suddenly, looked at the sky, it smiled at me at once as if it had something to say. It showed stability, inner consciousness, and goals in life. Now I really understood what that meant. I felt a little numbness on my neck since I looked up for a long time. I stood for a while and stretched my arms. I couldn't complain for what I had. I considered myself as a fortunate one. I looked at my watch, it was quarter past seven in the morning. I just realized I had much time left so I went back to the place where I sat lately. I opened my book and continued reading. For the second time around, I saw an alluring butterfly. It perched on flowers. I tried to come near, but it flew away immediately. I was alone for a while. I was grateful to the beautiful flowers. They allayed my agitation. They had inherent beauty that further strengthens my faint- hearted personalities. I was stuck at that place. Those flowers enlightened me to keep moving and continue living. They had a broad smile of unfeigned delight. They were not hypocrite, they showed purity of mind, heart, and health. I knew they were genuine in all aspects. Could human be a flower too? or would they have characteristics like them? These queries bothered me somehow. 



October 16, 2020 09:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Itemad Khan
14:23 Nov 07, 2020

Good story. Waiting for your next story. 🤗

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.