1 comment

Urban Fantasy Inspirational Horror

(Note that someone in the story has concealed a desire for something greater for a significant duration.) In Raven-Wolf’s reality, there is a different world and a chance for her to test her skills.


Keep backstory connected to current choices and actions: Hades is a {Vampire}, Heart-dragon spear, blades, vampire-blood, display the strengths and weaknesses of a vampire. Attire; Some of the traits are immortality, fearlessness, mysticism, and dreaminess, whereas weaknesses include dead-man’s blood, bluntness, and garlic. Blade, with his long black hair, red eyes, porcelain skin, and an ear piercing, is unique as he can walk in the sunlight while most vampires burn.


Tasslehoff {Karakorum-Warlock} Known to have blue skin, short, black eyes, gray hair, and clothing, leather pants, leather top, staff, bare feet. Traits, trickster, sneaky, crafty, fearful, God, and wishful.


In Castle Rock, during a stormy night, “Raven-Wolf” finds herself near a crackling fireplace. While preparing to relax for the night, I discovered a captivating section in my book detailing the Ten Plagues mentioned in the Bible. The Plagues are composed of locusts, flies, frogs, blood in water, hail, cattle disease, wild beasts, black sun, boils, sores, and first-born sons dying. The term “Book of the Dead” is used to describe a set of ancient Egyptian ritual spells. These items assisted the departed in finding their path to the afterlife and reuniting with the sun god Re and the god of the netherworld Osiris in a perpetual cycle of regeneration and revival.


It’s a fascinating novel.


I couldn’t stop reading The Book of the Dead because it was so captivating. While it emerged in the New Kingdom, its roots can be traced back to ancient magical funeral writings. Only the elite Egyptian royalty could access the oldest writings, namely the Pyramid Texts. The Coffin Texts, a changed form of the Pyramid Texts, were inscribed on coffins and placed in the tombs of non-royals, including wealthy Egyptians and elites, as their views on the afterlife shifted. By the time of the New Kingdom, the afterlife was believed to be accessible to all who could afford the Book of the Dead, a useful handbook containing the spells needed to navigate the treacherous and intricate trials that led to eternal life among the gods.


While dozing off, Sandman’s gentle whispers urged me to sleep, but I fought to keep my eyes open, captivated by the enthralling part of the tale. As the fire waned and a chill permeated the air, I glanced around and noticed my hourglass had mysteriously halted. Just then, the clock tolled, announcing the witching hour.


The Book of the Dead was usually written on a papyrus scroll using hieroglyphic or hieratic script, and it was common for it to be illustrated with vignettes showing the deceased and their passage to the afterlife. Considered the most excellent ancient Egyptian specimen, the Papyrus of Ani stands out. Ani served as a scribe during the time of ancient Egypt.


During an exploration of an empty castle, a dormant force within “Raven-Wolf” yearned to access the abilities of the high-elf priestess, blood-hunter, and druid classes, particularly the power to pause time.


Weekend learning activities for addressing anxiety through journaling. The glaringly obvious matter that everyone is avoiding.


What is giving you the most trouble at this moment? What is the glaringly obvious topic that nobody wants to talk about? Directly confront it and make a written note. Explain its origins, the effect it has on you, and the actions you would take if possible. Describing fears.


I find myself questioning what is causing these sudden emotions to surface. I know I am captivating my emotions all in one, now I have to find my diary and write my thoughts down.


Set aside some time to explore and write about one or two of your deeper fears. Allow yourself thorough exploration and confrontation of your fears. What is the sensation they experience similar to? What is their visual representation? Do they show up at designated times for you?


Feelings & emotion. Whenever you feel overwhelmed by emotions (whether it’s sadness, nervousness, happiness, or anger), dedicate some time to writing about the specific emotion, its origins, and how it may influence your overall emotional state. Reflect on why you might feel nervous if a family member expressed their wish to come and see you.


Allow yourself to relinquish control. Create a list of all the things you cannot change through worry because they are beyond your control. Strength. Recall a couple of moments in your life when you exhibited strength. It’s possible that you faced a hard challenge or felt anxious, but you didn’t let that stop you and you achieved your goal.


I drafted a letter. When you’re anxious about someone, try writing a letter in your journal to express your thoughts and feelings about them. Refrain from sending the letter and decide not to send it prior to writing. By doing this, you can open yourself up to being fully honest with yourself (and your journal) about the emotions that person evokes in you.


List it. Make a list, much like a grocery list, of the things that are on your mind, whether they are worries or fears. Journaling about these things can assist you in perceiving them as distinct from your personal being, as fleeting experiences that will ultimately dissipate.

It’s okay to be unsure. What worries do you have that are characterized by an unknown answer or uncertain outcome?


In this moment, a scene emerges where time stands still with the aid of an hourglass and dances in my mind, until the clock abruptly pauses at midnight.

Recognize that these are elements of your life whose future outcomes cannot be foreseen. 


Have confidence in not having all the answers at present, and be assured that you will gain understanding when the right moment arrives.


While seated, a whirlwind of emotions engulfs me, but I remain in a daze, witnessing my smoky cloud form alongside the person etched in the sand of time. I am wide awake at this moment, standing in the hourglass, as it slowly fills with sand. That being said, what strategies can I use to remain awake? This statement carries a hidden message. Myth is the logical reasoning for this: I can stop time. I was born with supernatural gifts, and it is commonly believed that magical myths and folklore must have some basis in reality. In fact, there are factual records that demonstrate the existence of certain phenomena.


British myths, legends and folktales have survived in all kinds of different contexts. Some–like the stories of Brutus or Hereward the Wake–are recorded in medieval chronicles that purport to be ‘actual’ history. Others were written as entertaining tales in ancient manuscripts, and from there were put into book form once the printing press was invented. Still, other stories were not written until the eighteenth or nineteenth centuries, when people captured legends and folktales that were on the verge of dying out; many of our best sources for traditional stories are in late eighteenth-century books of ballads or in Victorian folk-tale compilations.


Myths and legends began to be recorded just as soon as humans mastered the technology of writing. Often the very first texts were hymns to the gods or collections of mythological stories that became arranged into cycles, explaining how the world was created, how humans came into existence, or why death is necessary. Such stories are recorded in the Bible–the Fall, Noah’s Flood, for example–and in Greek myth. Hero-tales are also among the most ancient of story-types.


Basically, my words indicate that regardless of its authenticity or fabrication, sharing folklore with loved ones and the universe is the initial step.


The script discusses the divided opinions of experts on the development and spread of stories, while emphasizing the important roles of myths and legends in our culture. The Boy Who Cried “Wolf” is a prime example of how short tales are essential for communicating vital information or life lessons in a memorable manner. Generation after generation, important lore is transmitted in a brief and easy-to-understand way.


They elucidate the dangers of allowing small children near hazardous bodies of water or going solo into the mountains. When groups possess the ability to pass on such narratives, it enhances the opportunities for those who hear them, and these individuals pass the stories on to their own children.


Just as I was getting ready to clean up and detach myself from the urban fantasy world, along came “Hades,” a vampire. I’m grateful that he’s such an amazing friend of mine, taking care of the fireplace and offering him a cup of coffee or something else. Sitting at the table, I responded with a hesitant “sure” and couldn’t help but ask about the reason for the late-night visit.


Well, it’s not like he has late nights, regardless. Lost in conversation, we failed to notice how time stood still.


With his {vampire} capabilities, the timing was just right. The clock currently shows a bit after 3am, and now we’re back to chatting.

“Hades” conveyed to “Raven-Wolf” that there is something additional taking place, and the atmosphere is brimming with magic. I needed to replenish the wood in the fireplace and offered my coffee to “Hades.” No, I’m good, thanks. He told me to depart and instructed you to rest. 


There was something different with his demeanor this time, something was nagging him, and finally he spit it out. “Raven-Wolf” is at the center of the message that brought “Hades” here, along with a warlock who needs their help.


The impossible has become possible in the realm of fantasy. While “Hades” vanished, he still remained in the shadows, by my side, whispering that it’s time for me to rest. Morning has arrived. Remember to attend to your everyday hygiene chores and then head downstairs to add wood to the fireplace and provide warmth for this aging castle. The door was knocked on. True to form, it was none other than Tasslehoff (Karakorum-Warlock).


Raven-Wolf expresses a wish to comprehend Tasslehoff {Karakorum-Warlock} psychosis and trauma, proposing twice-weekly appointments. Tasslehoff Karakorum-Warlock goes to schedule his next appointment with the nurse, but discovers she’s not there. While back at the “Raven-Wolf” office, Tasslehoff Karakorum-Warlock is intrigued by a mysterious noise coming from the closet. While Tasslehoff {Karakorum-Warlock} trembles in fear, the closet door ominously opens, and the Boogeyman emerges, still gripping its “Raven-Wolf” human skin mask.


The monster that haunts your nightmares turned out to be right in front of you all along. That’s incredibly scary. Out of nowhere, the boogie man manifested, presenting fleeting moments from my life and disturbing depictions of boogie man truths.


Tasslehoff (Karakorum-Warlock), since you’re at my door, do you intend to ask me to come in? In the process of offering the beverage, he realized that something was clearly troubling him, causing him to shake as he spoke. While talking, he recounted his continuous dreams of being hunted by the “Boogie man” in an office environment. He remained clutching the “Raven-Wolf” mask crafted from human skin. 


As we conversed, “Raven-Wolf’s” exceptional abilities started to activate. While she was listening, her eyes rolled back and she started seeing visions transforming into pictures. Taking Tasslehoff (Karakorum-Warlock) to the office for an appointment, she is startled when the “Boogie man” shows up, having just seen “Raven-Wolf” there.


In this state, not only am I seeing visions, it is changing to another time and space. “Raven-Wolf” found themselves utterly bewildered as they were powerless to stop what was happening. When this happens, she has to go with the flow, and it takes time. Tasslehoff (Karakorum-Warlock) must also wait for the return of “Raven-Wolf.”

While she walks, multiple portals materialize, as she seeks to uncover the dream or nightmare that Tasslehoff (Karakorum-Warlock) is going to halt.


“Raven-Wolf” is comprehending and synthesizing everything.


Within my dream realm, I have the company of two old friends and a multitude of books about the dead, Egypt, mythological symbols, and folklores. It’s my turn to be the focus, not my friends! Here’s the catch though! The story is, in fact, an alternate version of history. 

Exploring hypothetical scenarios, alternative history in science fiction speculates on how the world could have changed if historical events had a different outcome.


Once or twice, I have managed to freeze time, and now, in this particular instance, “Raven-Wolf” is doing it again while “Hades” explores the realm of dream consciousness. 


In this creepy scenario, the Boogie Man locked eyes with me, signaling his imminent intention to take my life. I owe my life to “Hades”.


Sitting at my dining room table, the three of us have just come back from a state of premonition. Whenever “Raven-Wolf” comes back, “Hades” is familiar with the routine. In her dream journal, she consistently writes and includes drawings for visual elements. Once finished, she began to ask a series of questions. We are now in a state of deep slumber.


We’re in a peculiar situation, going head-to-head with the “Boogie Man”. Can you elaborate on the topic? Two motives emerged in Raven-Wolf’s reality: the existence of another world and the chance to demonstrate her abilities. I’ve decided that it’s the right time for me to alter my life’s course.


June 03, 2024 20:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Krislyn Lyon
13:46 Jun 11, 2024

I have no idea what just happened, but I like it. Seemed disjointed, but with makings of glory. Interested to read more of your work.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.