1 comment

Kids

Today mom was going to meet her school friend , who was coming from London for her relatives wedding. My mother was also going to attend the wedding, so my mother and her friend were going with each other to the wedding. They were going to meet on airport and then they will go to wedding hotel, my small sister and me were going to stay alone for a whole day, before leaving the home, she gave us breakfast and cooked the lunch. My father is on office tour for one week , mom gave us a phone and said if any problem is there then we can call her and she had also told mrs. Sharma , our neighbour to look after us for a day , however mrs. Sharma had not came to look us as she was busy in her own household work. for two hours my sister watched her favourite cartoon , during that time I was doing my homework after two hours when my homework was finished I asked my sister to give me the remote but she refused when I started snatching it from her she started crying , being a brother I stopped and gave the remote to her but I said after half an hour give me the remote and nodded her head and said yes during that half an hour I was in the kitchen and preparing cake for me and my sister, as I am very fond of cooking but when my cake was ready I kept it in a tray, but the poor tray was the oldest and broken one my cake fell down and it was shattered on the floor and also while I was cooking I had broken two glasses and one bowl , " ohh ! My God " it was my reaction at the moment. When I was about to clean the kitchen, the half an hour was gone, so I ran to living room and again asked for remote this time she has crossed her limits and said she has kept her remote in secret place if you can find it that's good for you, I searched the whole room including the bookshelf , under the T.V beside the bed and in the drawers of the cupboard and then the almira, I found the remote in the almira. The happiness of getting remote was more than that of getting Nobel prize but the cost of remote was that all the books and clothes were here and there but my favourite program was about to come , so I didn't clean the room . It was two O' clock when my mother ranged and said your uncle is coming in the house in few minutes. Don't trouble him . That very moment my heart broke into hundred pieces, as my home was in the mess I am 15 so , I should protect my family's nose so I switched off the T.V and started a mission " cleaning the house ". First I started with books , keeping them in the bookshelves at there right position and then I kept all the clothes in the almira in that way, that if anyone open' s it clothes will fall upon him.And then I started cleaning the kitchen , kitchen was half done only floor was leftthat time the bell rang me and my sister greeted our uncle we asked him to come in and sit , he asked about our classes , percentages etc and after sometime he told us that he is here for a document . Hasn't your mother told you about that and I said uncle wait for a minute I'll call mom , I called mom and asked where is that document? She said it's in the almira but said that you'll not touch the almira otherwise you will give the wrong document so I've called mrs sharma she is coming in few minutes . After sometime mrs sharma came and opened almira and all the clothes were on her she didn't said anything but gave a frightened look and that was very embarrassing for me . While giving the document to the uncle, uncle asked for a glass of water mrs. Sharma went to the kitchen and slipped because of the cake on the floor and said " what is this " but she stood and gave a glass of water to the uncle . Mrs. Sharma didn't scolded me but complained to mom . next day when mom came , she gave a red mark consisting of five five fingers on my face . This was an unexpected thing as I found my neighbour very sweet but she was a sneaker and my sister was saved by me as i didn't told mom that remote was hidden by her and my sister was the only one who enjoyed the whole scene created yesterday. After yesterday's incident I have left the cooking and from my pocket money I bought a remote that I have kept in my study table's drawer so that if my sister do the same thing again I have my own personal remote so that the same thing doesn't happen. Mom didn't know about those broken glasses , tray and bowl . I will never forgive the uncle for coming as an unexpected visitor also the aunt who complained to mom . My sister , who is the main reason about the almira's incident I will never forgive her . But I can never forget the incident when my father was sleeping on sofa and the guest came and I gave a glass of water on the face of my father in front of the guests . That was the day of Sunday in afternoon my father lying on the sofa I was watching tv mother was cooking lunch and my little sister was roaming here and there . Our living room was in untidy condition ,sofa covers were lying on floor and carpet eas just lying . A knocking came from a door we ignored it , thinking that it may be a just a wind pressure but my little sister opened the door , I heard the voice of my mother's mom and dad were there and my father was still lying on sofa wearing a towel and a vest I called him he didn't gave any response so I gave a glass of water on his face he stood up and ran in the room taking the sofa covers my grandparents were still on the door and I was cleaning the room and my father wore clothes came and then only I opened the door . After my grandparents were gone my father gave a nice punch on my back because I had thrown a glass of water on his face . After this incident it was clear that I'm the only one who gets a tight hand both from my mother and father.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

May 23, 2020 12:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Laura Robertson
17:29 Jun 04, 2020

The bones of the story are very good. It is obvious your first language is not English, so you will need some heavy editing on this story. There are many run-on sentences that need to be separated into shorter sentences. It might help to outline in bullet points your main ideas and then form simple sentences around those points. For instance, the first paragraph might look something like this: -Mom and her friend are going to a wedding -since they are coming from different places they will meet at the airport -the two children were go...

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.