0 comments

Fiction

Clover's Diary Entry One

It's the beginning of a new month, a new year. With a new year comes new goals and new challenges. For my first challenge this month I've decided to complete a 3 mile run each day.

I know this is crazy. I also know I can do this. This year is all about doing something new. Something I've never done before. Which is why this challenge is leading me to something bigger.

I want to see how this month goes and if all goes well then, I will continue to do this challenge until I reach my ultimate challenge. Okay, so I start my challenge tomorrow. I'm excited for myself.

Clover's Diary Entry Two

Boy, am I tired. I just got back from my run. My legs are burning, that's to be expected. I have to say I love running. It's freeing and exhilarating. I can't wait to do this again. Right now, I need a shower. I smell real bad.

My shower was amazing. The warm water running down my body soothed my aching bones. Now I feel refreshed and relaxed. I got up at 5 am this morning for my run. I bought these nice running shoes last week. They are so comfortable.

So, I left my home at 5 am. It was still dark but the light was starting to come out. I was freezing. When I began to run and I kept running, I started to get warm. I ran by the park, through my neighborhood, to the creek and back home. It was amazing.

Clover's Diary Entry Three

My body is still sore. It's getting better. I mapped out a new route for tomorrow. Instead of going to the creek, I'm going to Rock Creek Trail. Rock Creek Trail has the most beautiful sights. The hiking trail is beautiful.

What a run today. I woke a little later, 8 am to be exact. Since I went to Rock Creek Trail, I decided it was best to go when the sun was up. I'm not as sore as I was yesterday. My legs are getting used to running.

Rock Creek Trail is very popular with the locals and tourist. It is also extremely huge. Rock Creek Trail goes on for miles. I only did half of the trail. I'm going back tomorrow. The lush green forest, the flowers even the little insects and the birds make the trail beautiful.

Clover's Diary Entry Four

I got up at 8 am again. I went back to Rock Creek Trail. The peacefulness of the trail makes it an ideal running place. I'm glad I came here.

The thing about Rock Creek Trail is that it's so big and has many hiking trails you can easily get lost. Even the locals get lost. That's why I always take my map with me. I've seen so many people who think they know the trail get lost. Even tourist are like that.

One time a group of tourist went hiking. The park ranger begged them to take a map. They were too cocky. They thought they knew better. Of course, they got lost and had to be rescued. The lesson of this story, take a map.

Clover's Diary Entry Five

So today I gave myself a break from running. My body needs the rest. My best friend Becca invited me to lunch and a day of shopping. How could a girl resist. Tomorrow I will get back to running. I still have to finish running Rock Creek Trail.

I met Becca at our favorite cafe. I told her about my months long challenge. She told me good luck. Becca hates running. The only running she's ever done is to Macy's. Becca loves shopping.

I love shopping too but not as much as Becca. Anyways I had a great day with Becca. We ate and laughed. Today is what I needed, a day off, a break. Me and Becca laughed so much my stomach was hurting. I lover her.

Clover's Diary Entry Six

yesterday was my day off. Today I went back to running. I went back to Rock Creek Park. The trail was unusually packed. During the winter time Rock Creek Trail is empty only the locals come like me. I like it when nobody is around. I can run freely without bumping into people.

In the spring and summer time Rock Creek Trail is always packed. I prefer to come during the winter time. To me the winter time is the perfect time to run. The weather is cold but the landscape is beautiful and peaceful. Rock Creek Trail is beautiful during the winter time.

I had a good run today. I ran all the way to Hunter's stream. It was amazing. The trail leading to the stream was so beautiful. There were so many loops. It was like I was going around in a circle. I took a ten-minute break and just sat on the ground watching the beauty around me.

Clover's Diary Entry Seven

I can't believe I've been running for six days. I haven't run this much in a long time. Running is quickly becoming my favorite hobby. I gained a lot of muscle on my legs. My shoulders are broader. My stomach is more toned. How cool is that?

Today I took a break from Rock Creek Trail. I went to the park and did my running there. The park was packed today. There were people riding their bikes. People walking and people running. The park is very popular.

I had a good run. I saw many of my neighbors. I spoke to them for a bit, then went on my way. I ran the length of the park three times, then I ran to the creek and back home. Right now, I'm all snuggled up in my comfy clothes.

Clover's Diary Entry Eight

From six days of running to four weeks of running. My months long challenge has been exciting and rewarding. At first, I thought I was crazy to run and I thought I was going to quit. I didn't. In the end I ended up loving to run. I loved running in Rock Creek Trail, to the park to the creek and through my neighborhood.

Now for the ultimate challenge, my ultimate goal is to run in the South City marathon. I have lots more running to do. A lot more training to do. This isn't the end of my running days. It's only the beginning of my running days.

I will continue to write down all of my running journeys leading up to the big one. Until next time. This is Clover signing off. Hugs and kisses to all.

January 18, 2024 22:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.