0 comments

General

Beth and her friends had always wanted to do a haunted road trip. The first time the idea came to them, was when they were in high school.They had seen online forums about it as well as seen information about them on various social media sites. Beth and her friends saved up enough money and were able to finally plan the trip. The first step was to figure out a date. The second part was to figure out what route they would follow. After a long debate, the girls decided to make their trip on the week of Halloween. In Abigail's words "What better time to complete a spooky road trip, than on the week of Halloween." No one could compete with that response, so they all agreed.

The week of Halloween finally arrived, and the girls anxiously packed the car. First stop would be to Crele, Virginia, a five-hour ride for the girls. In Crele, Virginia, was an abandoned cul de sac that had reports of a six-foot shadow man, children laughing, cars not starting, lights turning on in the houses and more. The second leg of the trip would take them to Charlotte, North Carolina. A hotel that used to be a civil war hospital was known to have reports of marching, drums playing, and even cries of anguish. The third leg would be Appleton North Carolina. There were a few restaurants and even a bookstore known to have spiritual visitors. The last and final part would be in their own town of Piermont, Virginia. There, the girls would explore an old fair grounds, an old military plane base as well as the former schoolhouse.

When Beth and her friends arrived too the hotel in Crele, they checked in, grabbed their cameras, and headed straight to the cul de sac. Beth parked the car at the beginning of the road, so that if they needed to leave quickly, they could. At first nothing was happening. The girls chatted and discussed their excitement. As they were talking, they heard what sounded like someone tapping on the trunk of their car. Since Laura was in the backseat, she turned around to investigate. When she looked there was no one there. "OK, that was weird," Laura said.

When she turned around, she saw him, the shadow man. He was pacing between two houses at the bend of the road. She shakily pointed her finger and Beth and Abigail looked. Abigail had her camera on and she focused it. The shadow man appeared to be six feet and he seemed to be methodically pacing. Out of nowhere he turned and his bright red eyes focused right on the girls. In the blink of an eye he began to run at the car. "Beth holy crap we need to go!" cried Abigail. Beth fumbled for the gear shift put it in drive and peeled out of the road. She didn't stop until they got closer to the hotel. Shaking Beth parked the car and took a deep breath.

"What the hell was that?"

"I have no idea. All I know is we got it on camera."

Sleep eluded the girls that night. Every time Beth closed her eyes, all she could see was the man. He was tall, black and plain old scary looking. The following morning the girls headed out to Charlotte. Laura drove to give Beth a break. Along the way the girls stopped at a taco stand. Pictures were taken to document their time. They also stopped at a family run restaurant in North Carolina. The family was very kind and had the good old southern charm. As they continued driving, Beth looked at the footage. The shadow man looked set on coming at the girls, but thankfully they left. In Charlotte, not much happened. The girls saw a few apparitions, and the same for Appleton. They were disappointed that they were unable to capture a full-bodied apparition. Although it wasn’t said out loud, the girls were a little ok with not seeing anything. The shadow man scared the girls to their core. Was he evil being a thought that ran through the girl’s minds? A lot of audio was picked up though. Conversations were caught between a group of people. However, the girls were not talking at the time when the audio was picked up. When the girls came home on Halloween, they explored their hometown. There, they also caught a few apparitions and audio. The old fair grounds were the second scariest place they went too. At the fairground the girls could not only smell scents associated with the fair, but they could hear sounds as well. On the audio recorder, a ride could be heard starting and then running. It could also be heard, people whooping in enjoyment. The day the girls returned it was a calm, cool day. However, in one part of the video they could see the swing ride moving. That was abnormal since there was no wind, the park was shut down, and the girls were by themselves.

“Ok this is weird. We definitely caught a lot of evidence. But this is all still creepy. Between the shadow man and the park, wow,” said Abigail.

“I agree said Laura. I liked that we did this trip though. I do wish though that I could get the shadow man out of my head. When I close my eyes, I can still see him.”

“Same here, said Beth. I am glad we finally got to do the trip. But I also cannot stop seeing the shadow man. Part of me wants to look more into that, but I am unsure.”

“I think I am good, laughed Abigail. We can leave mister shadow man back in Crele. Honestly, after looking at the video, it seems to me that he is evil.”

Beth and Laura shook their heads in agreement. When the girls looked back at their trip, they did have fun and quite a bit of scares. They would never forget what they saw in Crele, ever. Beth and her friends agreed that if they were to do another road trip, that it would not be a haunted one.

September 07, 2019 02:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.