0 comments

General

Dear Diary

Dear Nameless page

I'm just going to start writing

Ugh

I do not know how to begin one of these. My therapist says that I should begin writing in here, keep record of my many thoughts. However, it must not be considered a diary. A diary is such a trivial thing used to keep track of a beings innermost thoughts and worries. I shall not write a diary for I believe that all of my thoughts and opinions should be expressed a loud. I prefer that everyone know who I am and what I want and think. My parents dislike it, but my therapist says that it is my way of dealing with life. I belief she is just a loony old woman who is over-payed by my parental unit, but I tend to play along. She is the one person who I don't feel needs to know every thought and opinion I have. My therapist says that that is what she is there for, but I think that she just likes my parents money. I've informed her of that as well. Now, this journal can't possibly keep all of my thoughts in one place, and there is absolutely no way that I will use it more than a few times as journaling is just something I'm doing to appease my parental unit and get them off of my back. My therapist says that I should listen to my parents more often and do as they say, but they tend to drone on and on about useless subjects so I tune them out. Anyhow, I believe I'm done writing here now.

My therapist says that writing here once doesn't count and I really am supposed to put everything in here so that I don't blurt out insults and other such nonsense. I think that my thoughts are beautiful seeds just waiting to blossom. For instance if I call my mother dumb, I can then use a thesaurus to find better words, such as "dim-wit, dull, doltish or moronic". My therapist also says that I should burn my thesaurus but I think that burning my dearest friend would only help to fuel my flame. Now then, my therapist says that I need to write down what happened to me each day. Today I arrived at school after the same monotonous commute that I am forced into each day. Then I traveled to each class, informing the teachers that I am there by placing a single red Gala apple on their desk as I do each day. My fellow students are a little slow so I drown out their mindless questions "queries, or probes". That was another thing my therapist said. I should begin writing down what I look up in my thesaurus. Thesaurus has no decent synonym but "reference book" which I suppose "deem, presume" makes sense as I use it as such. Now then, I believe that I have informed you of everything that happened today and I am done here again. My therapist says I must write here everyday though, so I shall be back soon.

The strangest "most bizarre or outlandish" thing happened today. A fellow student "pupil" of mine greeted me in the hallway. I found it astonishing that such a simpleton knew my name. I was unaware of the correct response to "hi" so I hesitated a moment and used my thesaurus. "Greetings" was the top synonym so I spoke to her. When I offered assistance in her classes she replied, saying that she was passing all of her classes with excellent grades. I inquired after her intentions then and she said she would like for us to be friends "ally, partner, companion". I must admit I thought it was an outlandish request until she questioned after my thesaurus. I will admit "concede, permit" that I did not want to hand over my most treasured item, however I permitted it for this strange creature. She displayed rings all over her delicate hands when she accepted the thesaurus. She also deemed herself good enough to inform me that maybe I aught not to use such an extensive vocabulary. Apparently it frightens people. I of course informed her that I did not care what other pupils thought, as I enjoyed my hefty vocabulary. The girl shrugged me off and extended a ring coated hand. Her name is Lucy. My therapist says that Names are windows into the soul. I believe that the saying is eyes. My therapist says that I shouldn't correct people. When I arrived home, it occured to my that this Lucy still bore my thesaurus. I quickly began using the computer instead. Lucy "derived from the masculine form, Lucius, it means light". I believe that the definition suits her. I shall find out tomorrow as I shall have to speak to my ally tomorrow in order to retrieve my thesaurus.

My therapist says that having a companion will assist in my taking others feelings into account. I believe I may have called her birdbrained for that, however I now see the error of my ways. Lucy today informed me that a person should not have a book for a companion, but a human. She also said that the book was a very pragmatic, or sensible thing for me to carry. However she thought I should not carry it anymore. I did not like having her opinion unloaded on me but I didn't tell her this. It helped me realise that maybe I aught to keep my mouth shut more often. I probably will not, but a seed has been planted by new companion Lucy. I do believe that I shall continue to call her my companion, not friend. She insists that friend is the more appropriate word, but I enjoy saying companion much more. Today, Lucy only wore two rings. Her clothes were light, pink and yellow. She wore flowers in her hair and large earrings. It suited her. I do believe that I shall stick to my clothes however. My therapist says that I may enjoy a change in clothes, but I still believe her to be a dim-wit and I don't believe that will change anytime soon.

My therapist says that now that I have Lucy, I no longer have to see her three times a week. She believes that once will be sufficient and I agree. Lucy has even agreed to come stay at my humble abode this weekend. I can not believe I am about to say this, but I believe that I am actually excited! Was that an exclamation point? Maybe what my therapist says is true, I did need a companion. I believe that this journal's purpose is through and I shall no longer have use of it. I believe I shall enjoy burning it. Maybe I will even invite Lucy to join the festivities. I believe I shall.

April 08, 2020 14:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.