0 comments

Christian Creative Nonfiction Drama

Walking through the south's forests, I became a person I never thought I would be nor would leave behind. I became Nymphphobos, high priestess of the Temple courts. I was the first of three girls selected at pre-teenage to become the priestess of the Temple courts. I felt powerful and beyond human at times; this is when I knew something was wrong. I'll see the world unfold like an onion, smelly and raw. I needed to leave, then the sky's light showed me many visions throughout a few years. It was like speaking through a portal, but then the portal became surreal. I felt the weird paradoxical air hitting my skin, and the smell was similar. It was overwhelming, but it felt so off. Reality seems to clarify; I was roaming my future. The sounds, smells, and feelings were baffling yet scary. The detail on the colors and places! I felt like I was in a mine but significantly highlighted in blue. The silence was eerie, and the presence of someone was there, yet of whom? The overwhelming feeling of being stalked or even chased after came to play when going further. 

Reaching a well-lit area, I see a man. This man was strangely familiar, that feeling of calmness. I looked straight at him, yet I couldn't place a face. I can feel his movements, so he was smiling and telling me I will be okay. The sky wasn't able to be seen, but the feeling it was looking down and making known it was there. The man turned to the sided and looked sorrowful. I asked if he is okay; he turned and told me it would pain him to see me in such a fright. I didn't understand; I questioned him on what this means. He wept; he said this is what the future holds if you don't stop. He called me by my real name and told me that the wicked reputation is a curse on my soul. I felt unusually frightened and seen the torture starts. The hands that grabbed me away from the weeping man was hot, hot like the pavement on a summer day. The pain started in my whole body, and the images of distorted faces flashed in the colorful lights. Laughing and screeching were somehow mixed, and predators' faces were the only thing in my presence—being thrown into darkness, the temperature drops.

Hearing the cries in complete darkness and the silence was unbearable; it made me feel weighed down, it shallowed my breath. I struggled to breathe, but everyone else is striving to cheer up. I can't see them; however, I can hear them and see their freezing breath in the darkness ahead. Scared to approach the breathing, I tried to run through the mystery. Running angered someone; they raced after me. Feeling desperate, I was trying to steal their breath. I can't breathe; moreover, I want to stop this horror. I felt the eyes of the sky, observing me and judging me. I thought of praying, yet it is so hard to recollect and multitask here. Allowing the thing to get me and laid in its arms and tried to pray. I prayed but felt like I didn't deserve it. I always felt this way; I merited this outcome. 

The thing coddled me; surprised, I opened my eyes. Eyes full of tears were too blurry to make out, but the feeling of mercy and sorrow filled my chest. I can breathe again; it still hurts. The words sounded so sweet and warm to my skin. I felt the feeling of love and guardianship. I couldn't stop crying, and the sounds were unrecognizable and genuine. I can finally speak; I asked if the person could save me, spoken words I didn't know if I genuinely stated or not. The hands were of flesh, and the giggle was pure. I smiled and went into a deeper state of consciousness.

The light was intense; the feeling of a vast presence was present. A sense of dominance was demanded. I sat down; I felt as if I was disrespectful. It was hard to stand here. The feeling of a g-force was in my stomach, and the sights were beautiful. The weeping man appeared again, but he looked happy. His smile was bright, and I couldn't hear his voice. I heard a voice in my head, but it wasn't like his voice in the pit. This spirit was close but invisible. I did hear the man state father a lot. I was looking around everywhere for what he was talking about then I saw something big move. The outline of a man was there, and it was known to him, I found out. His words were ripping at my chest, and the sensation in my diagram was uncontrollably disheartening. I felt as if I'd been scolded. All I could say is I'm sorry, and the one statement I heard was, "Why did you turn against me?" I was trying to comprehend my idea of what he was asking. I then just sat there, staring at the invisible man. The man of flesh turns to me and greets me with a goodbye. 

Waking up, I felt more aware. I knew then, in my fleshy vessel, what has taken place. My friend had to lead me back from my poisonous habits, and I've seen the ways of which I was. I was no longer Nymphphobos; I was myself. My court had disbanded. My fellow sisters of fire had changed and joined me in peace and light. My guardian of fire left and sought after other inspirations. The temple had banned us from coming on the property and interacting with the remaining courts with the temple. Traitors and sheep, they mocked us. Then, when times became rough, things happen.

I was offered the chance of happiness again, the opportunity to live a prosperous life on earth with everything I wanted. In a despite time, it was incredibly tempting. The face of a man, a man of fire, has revealed himself to me. Not believing my eyes, I tried to wash my face. He stood there, grinning. I asked if he was Lucifer, he reacted through squinted eyes. I knew it was him, but he spoke of a meeting before. I never saw him before. I have never seen a man so obscene like this before. I felt threatened; he whispered if I was scared. I didn't say anything. My breathing became heavy, and my skin was crawling as if I had ants on me. The image of the weeping man popped into my mind; this is a test. I kindly declined the offer. The feeling of dread and suspense-filled the room when the smile dropped off his face, and the dangerous stare started. I prayed hard, eyes clinched, I slowly open then, and he was gone.

I ran far away from that place. The unholy grounds is a place no one will see me on ever again. The temple tore down our old court dwelling, and our guardian had passed away from a horrible accident. God rest his soul, and I hoped he changed before his end. I survived the potential suffering and temptation of the evil ones. I have the only one in my life now; he is waiting to see me shine for him. I may not have become a great and mighty person I had dreamt of when I was a child, but I have become blessed with my father. No temptation is enough to throw into the eternal fires; the worm will go hungry with this one!

November 12, 2020 22:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.