0 comments

Fiction

'Look after creating chaos how peacefully she's sleeping,' said Edward, 'I want to kill her millions of times.'

'Edward you need to calm down,' said Lily. 

It had been three months since a terrorist is in a coma. She had killed more than three hundred people and after killing them she tried to suicide by shooting herself in the head but a police officer named Lily snatched that piston from her. Lily was late, her head was still hitten by a bullet but luckily she didn't die. Now she was hooked to a ventilator.

 No one knew from where she was nor her name. After searching a lot, the police concluded that she was a girl who was kidnapped twenty years ago and was never found. Her name was Xylo. It means that the group of terrorists had raised her, she was just a puppet for them whose brain was washed so badly. After a year she finally awoke but she didn't remember her past, she was just like a person who has reborn but don't know anything. 

She was looking at people around her innocently and was blank. Lily and Edward came to visit Xylo. Edward said, 'So now she is playing a victim.'

'Please Edward behave yourself' said Lily. 

'Why are you taking her side? You are saying like you can read her mind.'

'Indeed I cannot read her mind but her reports are proving her innocence plus you need to know that she is a patient.'

'Huh! Is she a patient? What about the other five hundred people who are patient because of her?'

They both were quarreling whereas Xylo was staring at them. Edward was furious because according to the court judgment Xylo wasn't considered a terrorist moreover she was forgiven and could live her life freely.

Finally, Xylo said, 'Amm... Do I know you?'

Edward Said, 'Don't tell me that she is for real.'

Lily said,' Mark please get out from here.'

Mark left the room while glaring at Xylo.

'I'm Lily a police officer. I'm the one who stopped you from suiciding but still, you got hurt. I'm sad that you lost your memory.'

'Do... I know you in my past?'

'No, actually you don't know me in your past. I know that you are curious about your past but I don't know anything about you. For now, I'll tell you an important thing. Your family lives in North America and you are in South America?'

Xylo was confused a lot but Lily told her that her parents haven't seen her for twenty years. She was only four years old she got kidnapped but Lily didn't tell her that she was a terrorist. After learning some things from Lily Xylo became sad. Lily said, 'I wasn't telling you about your family because I knew that it will bother you. Don't worry your parents will pick you soon.'

'Did they ever come here to see me?'

'Yes, they came here to see you.'

Lily went away but Xylo was surprised because she wasn't getting things properly. Lily didn't tell Xylo that how terrible her past was.

Mille was Xylo's nurse she guided Xylo a lot. In Millie's eyes Xylo was a innocent and she treated her very nicely. After few days Edward came to see Xylo. Xylo was petrified when she saw him. Edward said to Xylo,' Hey drama queen it seems like you didn't like my visit. I have already told many people and I would like to tell you too that I want to kill you million times.'

Xylo said,' W...What have I done anything to you that you want to kill me million times?'

'What you have done to me? You don't know? It's not only me its whole world who want to see you dead instead of your terrorist group.'

'I don't know what I have done?'

'Cut that crap. Haven't Lily told you about your mess? Oh, I forgot that all kindness of Lily is with you. I don't know why she cares about a terrorist.'

'A terrorist?'

'You were a terrorist and still you are a terrorist who is playing the victim.'

'I'm not a terrorist and never was.'

'You were a terrorist who killed three hundred and fifty people and injured five hundred people.'

For a minute Xylo opened her eyes widely and was startled but then she said,' You are lying I'm not like that nor I was. H...How could I kill so many people?

'You think that I'm lying let's see news.' Edward changed the channel of the cartoons that Xylo was watching and switched to news. The reporter was talking about Xylo and she was saying, 'In the history, Xylo is a terrorist who has forgiven. Finally, that terrorist has awoken but unfortunately, she does not remember anything. Well we all are surprised why such a terrible terrorist is forgiven?'

Xylo started to tremble when she heard the reporter.

'Did you see?' said Edward 'On every channel and everywhere people are talking about you. You don't deserve to live.'

After saying so Edward left the room but his words weren't leaving Xylo's head. She could not imagine that how horrible she was. When Millie came to her room Xylo asked her,' Was I a terrorist?' 

Millie was surprised and replied, 'So you got your memory back.'

'No, I didn't remember anything. I saw the news.'

'Yes, you were a terrorist'

After a week Xylo's parents came to pick. Her mother's eyes were filled with tears. It had been more than twenty years since she didn't saw her daughter. Xylo's father and mother kissed and hugged her. Then they went back to South America. Xylo was happy to see her parents but her parents were happier than her. 

When she entered in her home she looked around then she went to her room. She asked,' Do I have any siblings?'

Her mother replied,' No dear you don't. You are our only child that we ever had.'

For a whole night, she looked at her album but she only saw her childhood pictures. Her mother was sitting beside her she said,' It was your fourth birthday when we lost you in a toy shop. You wanted a dollhouse and we were buying that but you left us without saying goodbye.'

Xylo was looking in her mother's eyes that were filled with tears.

'I'm sorry mum,' said Xylo 'I promise that I'll not leave you.'

Her mother hugged kissed her cheeks and hugged her then left her to sleep. Xylo sat near a window and then she cried the whole night. She was regretting the things she had done but don't remember any of them. After few days her mother started to teach her. Xylo didn't go out often because for the world she was still a terrorist but still, she stayed strong.

One day Xylo said to her mother,' Mum I was a terrorist and killed many people in this world. I don't deserve to live.'

Her mum was astounded but then she replied, 'I know you were a terrorist who has killed and ruined many lives but still you are innocent.'

'Mum how am I innocent I have the same soul that I used to have back then.'

'Indeed your soul is the same but don't you get it that you were also innocent back then.'

'What? I was innocent. No, how could I be an innocent person even after killing and hurting so many people?'

'Now listen to me you were only four years old child who didn't know anything about right and wrong path. You were the girl who was trained to kill people. You weren't heartless or cruel you were trained to become a grim reaper.'

'Mom but I was a twenty-year-old lady who was in her senses but still I had chosen a wrong path.'

'Xylo I don't know how terrorists raised you because in this world terrorists are the cruelest people and you were raised by them, not by me. When a person will kill someone by gun. Will anyone will say that it is the gun's fault?'

'No, it will be a person's fault who fired.'

'Exactly! You were just like a gun back then. Xylo you are and you were always innocent so just live without a past that doesn't exist in you.'

After discussing things with her mother Xylo concluded to live her life peacefully. Sometimes she got nightmares that she was killing rabbits, cats, dogs, and other cute animals with her own hands, and tears were running down from her eyes. She was tortured by a man in a mask whose golden eyes were looking in her eyes.

One day she was invited by a television channel and she attended that interview. She said, 'I don't have any memory before twenty-four years but now I have built some. I know that many people hate me but still, I cannot hate myself because I don't find any reason to hate myself. Many people think that I'm a terrorist but let me tell them I am not a terrorist and I never was. It was my fourth birthday when I was kidnapped by terrorists and they raised me. I wasn't born sinful, evil, insensitive, or cruel but they made me so. I have already regretted and cried so much on the things that I have done but I don't remember. I hope that this world can forgive me too. I don't know who I was but now I know me. At the end I just want to say that I'm glad I don't remember anything about my past.

Note: This isn't based on true story.

January 08, 2021 22:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.