0 comments

Romance Sad Teens & Young Adult

This story contains sensitive content

Trigger Warning: Death

"Thanks a lot." Snow whispered sarcastically to the brown teddy bear with a red bow and huge eyes, her eyes filled with hatred and tears because of what she did.

************************************************************

Finn handed her a teddy bear with a smile, looking like a lovesick teenager, even though he was twenty four. Snow was twenty three. He brushed his dark and wavy brown hair out of his eyes. Finn was one of the most compassionate people on Earth, but sometimes he couldn't take a hint.

Snow forced a smile.

Of course he would get her a teddy bear.

The absolute "best" gift in the world.

All she wanted was a ring. She wanted to get married to the love of her life, not stay boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Thank you." She sighed, glancing at another couple, eyeing the blonde woman's ring with jealousy. She caught the lady's eye and smiled at her politely, who returned a smile back.

"Just for you." He said, with a shy grin on his face.

Snow thought to herself, he's always in his work, or loving me, but not enough. Why is he so slow, doesn't he realize that I'm ready to speed things up?

No, I'm being ridiculous, he loves me. Maybe he just wants to slow things down.

Snow knew she was overreacting but she couldn't help it.

Finn took Snow on a walk through the park and started talking about his passion- art and photography. Normally Snow would soak up all his words, but today, she didn't. She just felt like a dull pencil. She looked around the park.

The park was pretty big, with a large pond with yellow flowers and ducks circling. You could hear children shrieking in delight and the light sound of the ocean's wave. They could see geese in the sky in flocks, flying near the turtle shaped clouds. There were swings with little kids and some small dogs ran around, following a frisbee. There was a bronze statue of a man with a cane and dark green grass.

Surrounding the park, there were evergreen trees and dandelions. There were many benches and some old couples drinking coffee and in a deep conversation.

The huge mountains were in the background giving slight shade from the hot and beating sun. Across the park were bookstores, coffee shops, and clothing stores. It was a pretty small town considering they were in California. There were light posts and embroider designs into them.

Snow's phone buzzed and she pulled it out. It was a notification from her friend, since the age of nineteen, Madilyn Ross.

Madilyn <3: Hey, how's everything going with Finn? :)

Snow: Great

Madilyn <3: That's good! Brent and I are doing great ;)

They walked for a couple minutes in silence before Finn turned to her to ask her, "Are you okay?"

She didn't hear him. She was too busy moping and staring at the rock on the ground, wishing she was that. She knew she was being ridiculous but now all her friends were married and she wasn't.

"Snow, are you okay?" He asked, looking down at her, her was almost a foot taller than her, concern flashing through his sincere hazel eyes.

Snow brushed her white-ish blonde hair out of her face, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked, raising his thick eyebrows.

"No, I'm not fine Finn!" Snow snapped, and involuntarily, her left knee shook.

Finn was shocked, he had never seen Snow like this. Normally she was a happy girl.

"All you do is talk and talk and talk. YOU NEVER DO! You said that we would get married, but did that happen?! NO! Do you even want to be with me anymore?! Am I nothing to you? I've asked you many times and you NEVER do! You always break your promises!"

People started staring at her and whispered but she didn't care at this point. She was too mad to even register the fact that she was embarrassing herself.

Finn's eyes grew wide, watching other people point at the couple, "Snow-"

She let out an aggravated groan and threw the teddy bear on the bumbling road with anger, hoping that it would break- just like her heart did.

Finn yelped in alarm and ran out to get it and Snow glared at his back and yelled at him.

He can't be that stupid, it's just a stupid teddy bear. Snow thought to herself.

Then, it all happened.

A huge black jeep ran over him.

A loud screech.

People screaming.

Bright lights.

And then... Finn's body, lifeless.

Snow screamed and blacked out.

************************************************************

Snow sat in the black chair in the funeral and smoothed down her her black dress, the one Finn loved. A strand of her blonde hair fell out of her tight bun.

Everyone had already left as the funeral ended thirty minutes ago. During the funeral, everyone gave her dirty looks and death eyes, especially Finn's mom, who Snow as close to since they both had a love for reading.

Even the priest wasn't pleased with her as he smiled as everyone else except her, shooting her a straight face whenever they caught eye contact.

She stared at the teddy bear with tears glistening, threatening to spill across her pale cheeks.

"Thanks a lot." She whispered to the innocent looking teddy bear, staring at its huge eyes.

Because of her, her one and only soulmate had died. Because she was stupid, he was ran over. Because she was mad- it happened.

Why am I so stupid? She asked herself, tears about to fall. She had overreacted for no reason and because of that, she caused someone's death.

Luckily she wasn't in jail because it was Finn's choice to jump on the road.

She hugged the small teddy bear tightly and it started talking in a high pitched automated voice, "Will you marry me?"

The teddy bears chest opened and revealed a huge diamond ring.

Snow's jaw opened and she gasped, her light lips glistening.

"Yes." She said softly, "Yes, I will marry you."

She cried and hugged the teddy bear close.

She cherished the ring and the teddy bear since that day.

November 26, 2021 01:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.