Unnatural Love😍

Submitted into Contest #86 in response to: Write a story where flowers play a central role.... view prompt

1 comment

Romance Fantasy Drama

Once upon a time two brothers Damon and Stephen came to palace in search of work. Somehow they both landed a job in service of the King. They both were happy when they got Job. Every time Stephen wants to share his feelings with someone other than his brother. But, unfortunately they parents were dead when he was 6 years old. Damon won't talk much with anyone. He just take care of his brother and mind his own business.  

On the first day of their work the guards show the king's room and their rooms for to live. The king's room very big and they noticed that the room was filled with full of fragrance as it is completely decorated by various types of flowers. 

Damon listening to guard who was telling their duties to be full-filled everyday while Stephen was busy in observing the room architecture and flowers the way they decorated. While he is walking the whole room, he reached to a window. From the window he saw a girl who was decorating the small pool of water with flowers.

She was so beautiful that he didn't seen anyone like her till now. She is with brown, dull hair very elaborately arranged, and she had prominent sparking eyes behind invisible pince-nez. Her face was shining, as the moon light falls on the pool and she was glowing like a star. She is with few of other women's who were also decorating the pond.

They all are filling the pond with White Lilies and she was looking mesmerizing. While they arranging the flowers they were chit chatting or maybe talking about rumours and gossips. Their voices were reaching 

the Stephen's ear but not clearly. So he put more concentration on their voices. Then he heard that her name is Ava. He is talking himself that it is beautiful name like her and became busy in daydreaming about them both. But he was interpreted by the guard that saying that, one of you should always stay near to this room at all the times and when King calls go immediately. Don't delay. Stephen listened like he didn't care and again turned towards the window. She was not there.

And the next day they woke up, freshen up and immediately went to King's room and see all the things are arranged and asked whether King wants anything. The King asked them to go and collect package from another chamber. They said "Yes Lord" and started walking to collect Package. Finally they enter into the chamber and collected the Packages and return back to the King's chambers. The King asked them to open. They did. Both were staring at that thing as they didn't seen it till now. Stephen asked the King that is this a flower. The King replied yes. It is called Flame Liles. They are very rare species. Keep it in the vase and go to your works.

Damon and Stephen walking in the chambers staring at the architecture and talking with the people who came across them. After sometime Stephen said to Damon I will meet you at lunch time in the dining hall. As usually Damon didn't ask him where he is going. Right from childhood Damon didn't interfere into other business. So he said yes and he went.

Stephen started wandering around here and there in the chambers searching for the girl. He asked few guards, searched in each floor but all in vain. He went to the pond where he saw her first time but no one is there. It's already lunch time so he went to dinning hall and met Damon and had their lunch.

The sun is going to be set, the wind breeze is cool. But still Stephen is searching for her. He didn't find her anywhere. Then he heard the voice 'Ava' and he turned back. He is in surprise that the girl who he is searching is walking towards him. Her friends were behind and they called her to wait. Stephen was standing and staring at her like rock. He wants to go and introduce herself to her but he didn't find courage, maybe if Damon is side of him he may get courage. From his childhood Damon will be always his biggest support for him.

He started following her, went to places wherever she goes for sometime. By following her, he got to know where her cottages will be, where she spend her most of the time, who are talking with her, who are her friends. It's finally time to go to his chambers and met Damon and checks with the King and went to dinner and to bed. 

Next day, again King asked to bring the Flare lilies, and they brought it and kept in a vase and went to their works. As usual Damon does all the work while Stephen started following her. Again in afternoon he had lunch with Damon and again went to see Ava.

It's been few days the same schedule was going on. One day when he and Damon sat for having lunch he asked Damon that what so special that daily the King asks them to bring the flowers and keep it in the vase and don't know where it will go by the next day. Damon didn’t say anything so Stephen thought he also don't know. After the lunch he went to see that girl. 

It's been three months now and still Stephen didn't get any chance to introduce her. He always stare her from a distance and observe her. He found that her she was working from past two years and she like to decorate the rooms and likes flowers. She always curious about the new flowers and always spend time with decorating flowers. 

One night when Damon and Stephen were sleeping on bed, Damon said to Stefan that few days ago you asked about the Flare lilies, do you remember? 

Stephen replied yes!

Damon said to him that it is the rarest flower in lilies and it is favourite to King. So always King asks to bring the flowers.

Stephen asked where are flowers going by next day. 

Damon didn't gave reply and already started snoring. Stephen understood and he also went to sleep.

Next day the routine started. But this time Stephen before going to sleep he took few flowers from that vase and he hid it. 

The next morning he woke up early than Damon and went to the Ava chambers. He kept the Flare Lilies outside her room and went back to his room and started his daily routine.

Ava came out of the room saw that beautiful flowers and felt very excited because she never saw this type flowers till now. So she kept in her room and she went to her work.

In the next few days the same thing happens and Ava getting suspicious that someone intentionally keeping it there. She tried to find out who is that person and she is thinking who is doing this.

For some days she started waking up early to see that person but she was surprised that the flowers schedules are changing day by day. 

Stephen keeps the flowers by changing the time schedule as she may find out who it was. 

He did the same thing the next day, and the next, and the next... until, one day, the King noticed how few flowers were left in the vase. 

He was so angry that he called everyone in the palace to assemble.

When they were all before the King, the minister said whoever doing this should come forward voluntary or else the punishment will be given to everyone. Because his act, Stephen didn't like to get punished for all so he thought he should say that it had been him who took the flowers. When he thought to take one step forward then to his surprise Damon stopped him by holding his hand and whispered him to be quiet.

Damon notices the change in his brother's behaviour after coming to the Castle. He observed all the things, when he got suspicious that Stephen's waking up early in morning and his sudden disappearance in the work time and he also noticed few days back about the flowers in vase are becoming less by morning. But he didn't ask Stephen because if it is really important his brother would say that.

The King waited for few minutes and said enough. If you don't come out voluntary or you all people trying take his side of him then I will not think about you all from now. Those flowers are very costlier and from today all your pay will be deducted equally from you and will be deducted from your pay whenever it happens.

All the people started crying loudly that we really don't know who the culprit is. Please give us sometime we will find out who that is and we will be careful that such things won't happen in future. They all are begging to spare us this time.

Stefen got very angry about the King's foolish decision he came out from the group and said you're highness the culprit was me. I am taking the flowers everyday without your notice. 

The next minute whole the room was in silence and few of them are shocked that Stephen was the culprit. As they all are never expected from him as he always be good to people. Many of them thought that it maybe Damon as he always be suspicious. Remaining few people are thinking about what will happen next. Damon already cooking a plan on how to save his brother from this mess.

The King was staring at Stephen with red face and Stephen was ready for the whatever the consequences.

The King spoke finally by asking him before you punished can I know what you have done with the flowers everyday.

Stefen said that I was giving the flowers to a girl everyday whom I fell in love with. My lord do you remember on the initial days of my work I asked you about the flowers. You said it is a rare of its rarest kind and it adds Beauty to the nature. When I saw the girl, I immediately can't stop staring at her as I have not come across such a beautiful person after my mother. So I thought to show the flowers that I have met the more prettier, the more loving invention which was created by God.

As soon as King hearing what the Stephen had done with the flowers, a smile appeared on the King's face, and he said, 

"I couldn't have thought of a better use for my flowers."

And, laughed loudly. The King was pleased very much as he also very fond of his mother. He asked Stephen to come forward and said that what you think I will do with those flowers everyday. I am giving it to my wife everyday as I found the women who have exactly same qualities of my mother.

The King took Stephens hand walked towards the vase and asked to take few flowers. Stephen did as he said and remaining the King took and remaining of those wonderful flowers, and said go and give it your Girl and I am going to give it to your Queen.

March 25, 2021 18:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

17:51 Mar 30, 2021

Very Good story 👌👌

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.