0 comments

Horror LGBTQ+ Drama

“What was that unusual sound,” I said as me and my best friend Chloe were walking down this ally way the same ally way we have been taking ever since we were kids. The trees sway back and forth and the dead leaves dropping to the ground as we step on them, they make a crunching noise than wind noises push our hair from side to side or back but the noise that I heard was not anything in nature even Chloe jumped, and it was hard to get her scared. “Maybe it was an animal Beth” I then stared at her “isn’t that what people say in horror films and then end up dying”. We heard the noise again and started to pick up the pace but then Chloe tripped on her black converses because they were untied so she had to retie it which made me nervous because I don’t want to figure out what that sound is “can you hurry up” I said in frustration. “Beth chill out it's probably just some person fucking with us,” she said annoyed that I was rushing her. “Yes, because that sounded like a person” sarcastically I said to Chloe she then got up and looked at me basically telling me to stop but then I heard from the right side of my ear “yes because that sounded like a person” I jumped but nothing was there, and Chloe clearly heard it too because she jumped up “what the fuck was that?!” she said. I wish I had an answer, but I didn’t so now I am looking behind me and the sides of me it didn’t help that it was dark. “I wish we didn’t stay at Macy’s for so long now it’s dark and I think we both are becoming paranoid” we already walked a little more since she tied her shoes “ugh don’t try to blame this shit on me Beth it's not my fault my girlfriend wants my attention and that it takes up too much time” I just wanted to cry for some reason I just hate how she gives her girlfriend so much attention why can't it just be me she does that too. “Why not me?” I whispered but then another voice that sounded like my voice said it louder than me. “What do you mean by that?” Chloe asked in a confused state I paused what the fuck is even going on I looked around me “Chloe that wasn’t me” I said in a panic voice freaking out because it sounded just like me “oh come on Beth! What did you mean by that?!” I then didn’t care who ever keeps coping me im just so annoyed by everything “I LIKE YOU CHLOE BUT YOU LIKE HER SO IT DOESN’T MATTER!” she was so shocked she kept backing away but a second later “I LIKE YOU CHLOE BUT YOU LIKE HER SO IT DOESN’T MATTER!” I spined around and came face to face with a Wolf I didn’t move I started breathing slowly and the weird thing is it looks like a wolf, but it didn’t feel like a wolf I felt this weird feeling like my soul was being sucked out but then I heard a gun shot it hit the wolf a older man Native American he looked like ran out of the woods and yelled “RUN KIDS! Go run as fast as you can and don’t look back!” we did as we were told as we were running for our lives, we heard another gun shot and a scream Chloe stopped and said, “Omg do you think he is okay?!” she seemed like she was about to cry but still walking backwards I stopped I grabbed her hand “ we have to go!! We will figure out later he said not to look back” we started to run towards her house the sunset was coming up holy shit how long were we out here. She opened the door fast and practically threw me and her in good thing we live together she locked her front door then she said to me “can you go lock the back door!” I run to the back door and lock the door and I look threw the peep hole I don’t see anything just nature the leaves falling the trees swaying still then I see something behind the tree I can’t tell what it is it looks like a boney person I freak out I push my head back and run back to Chloe “some shit is going on Chloe I don’t know what it is but I think that guy died and im freaking out” im having a panic attack so she started to hug me but I felt that weird feeling again like my soul was leaving my body I looked up at Chloe and it wasn’t Chloe I mean it looked like Chloe but it wasn’t her because I look behind the imposter and I see the real Chloe dead I start to cry I tried to run but I went another direction and I picked up the real Chloe what was I doing I put her on the couch then the fake Chloe was staring at me and I started walking towards the kitchen what is going on it feeling like im being controlled I pick up a knife and I was forced to walk back into the living room walking to the couch my arm risen then I landed on her neck just back and forth as the fake Chloe made a hollowed out sound as fast paced it went blood went on to my face and my body then when my body stopped I look out the window I see cop cars and the sunset I started to cry because there is no logical way I can explain this then fake Chloe right in front of me transformed into a deer and the door slammed open and the deer ran out of the house as police came in I got pinned to the ground the knife flew across the room my hands are behind my back and they are reading me my Miranda rights I feel numb I have stopped crying all I know my best friend, My Lover is dead.

November 10, 2021 18:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.