The Freedom

Submitted into Contest #95 in response to: Write about someone finally making their own choices.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction East Asian Sad

The story of a girl who loves to write started in the year 2020 when she felt something is missing in her life. The first story she wrote was only 50 words. But the essence of her writing impressed everyone and she started pouring out her emotions on to the paper. Her feelings happy ,sad ,angry love everything she expressed through the flow of letters and words. She forget the world, she forget her family she was in an imaginary world full of wonders and realities. The year ended and she was surrounded by

the cruelties of the world .The dilemmas, the anxieties and the wickedness of the people whom she considered as dear ones. She found her emptiness comes from the desire to be loved .Through songs and stories she tried to fulfil her dreams ,but she didn't recognize that she is entrapped in a world of hallucinations.

The girl lost her power to think .The girl cried and laughed .She consulted doctors ,but they could not find any problems in her physical states. She was going through different episodes of depressions and anxieties ,she suffered a lot. She loved her family a lot. But she was unable to express it through words. Without any reasons she cried .Not able to speak to anyone she spent her days .The war was inside her ,she cannot pull her from the bad thoughts and sufferings. Days passed meaningless. Her husband was kind and generous but always he was only a witness of her sufferings.

Days passed, sometimes she forgets days, sometimes she was on bed not able to pull herself from the heaviness of her head. She tried to tell everyone that she is going through a trauma. But nobody understands her swings ,she seems calm and peaceful on her face but she was sad inside. She talked to her friends, she danced she sang she drew she cooked she cultivated veggies she started writing small stories. But inside she was boiling in her griefs.

She started observing others ,nature and the small creatures that she sees everywhere. Then she started her love of photography ,capturing the essence of nature, minute details of the big universe, the moving objects ,the still life and the innocents of the kind hearted . She felt happy inside ,she tried to think of people who lives in the other continent, how they will be behaving at a particular time . She forgot science and the technology.

The girl started observing a small girl who was an angel. She ran behind the girl to bring back her lost happiness. It worked!!!She herself turned into a 7 year old girl. She started living with her new friend and started writing stories that she brings or she makes!!!The beginning of a new life. But still she find the fight in her sometime grows and sometime fades. She was helpless at times .She cannot withstand the hurting words of others and one day she was diagnosed with a mental illness called bipolar depression and her doctor certified it.

She was half relieved as she can call her hallucinations has something everyone can understand and she started her medication to make herself stabilized at least for her living. The year is 2021 she celebrated new year with a bunch of friends who too enjoyed the celebration with drinks and meat, cutting cake and playing cards .In between she started teaching kids a language she was taught in her childhood.

She started meeting people and talking to them. Her life started feeling good. She hates some people in her life but she started ignoring them .She went for long walks whenever she feels low. That refreshed her life. She tried to withdraw herself from the crowd ,she started enjoying her so called loneliness as her happiness .She tried to figure out what all things makes her sad and she tried to ignore all those things and she felt happy. She got a small job in an elementary school and she started working there. The school was good she enjoyed the work. she was a bit anxious in the beginning but she overcame her fear and move forward. She enjoy her solitude her freedom and the kids she started teaching. Kids that came from different circumstances and different background .She tried learning about them their difficulties and their fears and anxieties then she understood her life mission her blessings .She stopped thinking about herself and thought about others who doesn't have their basic amenities .Her mind opened and she was pushed into a world of possibilities She grew herself to a big figure trying to understand the minute details of human mind their fluctuations and their power to come back to the reality. She wanted to bring happiness to the needy and the wanted. She started enquiring the missing link between she and the ultimate power. The power she knows that is residing in her. She started closing her eyes and mind to the unwanted garbage things that she considered as bad. She closed the doors of unwanted thoughts and tried to find happiness seeing happiness in others and understanding them. She learned to forgive and forget the people around her to reach her potential .

Time flew away. She learned new skills to bring color to her stories. She rigoursly put effort to bring colors to her life , especially to her mind. Sometimes she slips sometimes she falls .But her strong willpower always move her forward through the miseries of the so called life.

she enjoys the freedom of speech and freedom of thought through her works .Some days she even forget her routines reading and writing.(Not because she is hallucinated 😊)Her got into new projects and new contacts her contacts and her relationship with others increases .He regain her peace of mind. She closed her eyes and ears from the unwanted and help only the needed .She emerged as a super power woman showed a way to the humankind how to stand strong. She enjoys the freedom of her life.

May 28, 2021 17:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.