0 comments

Fiction Holiday Horror

Stanley had a surprise for Sammy on Halloween night. He had arranged for them to spend the night in a graveyard.


Sammy couldn’t wait for her date with Stanley on Halloween night. They were going to go to a haunted house, and then to a Halloween party being thrown by some kids at school. Sammy was dressing up as Cat woman and Stanley would be Batman. Sammy didn’t know how she would make it through the day at school, but she would have to do her best.


         The horn blew outside, signaling that Stanley was there to pick her up for school. She dashed down the stairs, gave her mom and dad each a peck on the cheek, and ran out the door. She quickly climbed into the car, kissed Stanley, and they speed away. As usual, she had her hand on his thigh and her head on his shoulder.


         They pulled into the parking lot at school and parked in their usual spot. Stanley and Sammy were very popular, and a group quickly formed as soon as they pulled up. 


         “Hey, bro, ya’ll still comin’ to my party, right?” Jim asked as he walked up.


         “Hell, yeah, bro, wouldn’t miss it.” Stanley replied.


         Patty walked up and Jim threw an arm around her shoulders.

         “Sammy, I can’t wait to see your costume tonight,” Patty stated.


         “I can’t wait to see yours, either, Patty. I know you are being a sexy cat, but what is Jim dressing as?”


         “I don’t know – he won’t tell me.”


         Just then the bell rang, and the group broke apart and began wandering off to their classes. All, that was, except Stanley and Sammy. They had study hall first hour, and they never took roll in there. They climbed back into Stanley’s car and began making out.


         When they were done, Sammy asked Stanley if he had shaved that morning.


         “Naw, babe, I was running late so I skipped it this morning.”


         The day dragged on forever. Sammy thought that the three o’clock bell would never ring. When it finally did, she jumped out of her desk so fast that she almost flipped it over. She quickly went to her locker to stash her books, then headed out with a group of her friends to Stanley’s car. Stanley was there waiting, and kissed Sammy passionately when she arrived. Stanley and Sammy climbed into the front seat, while Jim, Patty, Shelly and Dave all climbed in back.


         After dropping all of their friends off, Stanley dropped Sammy off to get ready and told her he would pick her up at six thirty. Sammy went in, feeling like she was floating on a cloud. She grabbed a small salad as a snack, then headed upstairs to start getting ready.


         At six thirty on the dot, Stanley rang the doorbell. Sammy squealed and came bounding down the stairs just as her dad was letting Stanley in. Her parents looked at her in a disapproving way when they saw her extremely taut spandex body suit and full, red lips. 


         “Guys, I told you I was dressing as Cat woman. What’s with the looks?”


         Her parents glanced at each other and just shook their heads. They knew better than to say anything, and they didn’t want to make a scene in front of Stanley. They liked him, thought him a fine young man, and they didn’t want to appear untrusting of the kids.


         Her mom wanted pictures of the two of them, so they posed for several pictures before leaving. They headed out towards the haunted house.


         As they pulled up, they saw people coming out with horrified looks on their faces and some of them came out screaming. Stanley asked if Sammy was sure she wanted to go in there. She said she was sure if he was, so they joined the long, winding line and waited. 


         The line moved slowly, but they didn’t mind too much. They spent much of their time in line kissing and groping one another. As they got closer, they could hear the screams from inside, as well.


         When it was finally their turn, they went in. They actually had a wonderful time, laughing, screaming, and jumping. When they came out, Stanley told Sammy that he had a surprise for her.


         Stanley drove them out to a graveyard. He had managed to gain access to one of the uninhabited tombs, and he wanted to make out and whatever with Sammy in the tomb. She was a little nervous about that, but she reluctantly agreed. It was, after all, Halloween. 


         Once they had snuggled up with one another in the tomb, and all was said and done, Stanley asked the big question. He wanted her to spend the night with him – in the tomb. 


         “Oh, babe, I don’t know if that is such a great idea. I mean, my parents will have a fit if I don’t go home.”


         “Taken care of. Patty will be callin’ ‘em right about now, and askin’ for you to spend the night at her house. She’s gonna tell ‘em she and Jim got in a fight. You know they will say okay.”


         “Well, okay, if you’re sure we won’t get into any trouble.”


         “Don’t worry, darlin’, I got this.”

         They left the graveyard to put in an appearance at the party. Sammy drank quite a bit more than she should have, partially because she was nervous about later, but partially because she was having a wonderful time at the party. She and Stanley danced most of the night. After being there for a while, Stanley, Sammy, and a bunch of their friends piled into three cars and went out to cause some mischief. They knocked over some mailboxes, egged some houses, and tp’d some others. The principal’s house they saved for last, and did all three to it. 


         When they were done with their pranks for the night, and Sammy was assured that her parents thought she was safely spending the night at Patty’s, she headed back to the graveyard with Sammy. 


         They had a blast, playing chase and hide and seek in the cemetery. When they were done playing, they headed into the tomb to settle in for the night. Sammy was so happy. She was also still very drunk, and fell into a sound sleep soon after they laid down.


         Sammy was awakened by something dripping on her face. She could tell it was Stanley, but barely. Standing over her and drooling into her face was a giant werewolf. She stared into his eyes, hoping for some sort of connection. Suddenly, she screamed as he lunged for her throat.

October 27, 2020 17:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.