3 comments

Holiday

Luna went down for breakfast in a rush.

“I have great news!” said Kim.

Luna looked at her mother. “What?”

“We’re going to Japan!” said Kim excitedly.

“What?” said Luna, shocked. “Now?”

“Yep!” said Kim. “I packed your suitcase already while you were sleeping. It’s in the car. Go and wait there.”

“But… what about breakfast?” asked Luna.

“Our plane’s going to leave soon so we’ll eat on the way to the airport as to not waste time. Go wait in the car while I finish making these sandwiches.”

 Luna went outside and opened the car door. Her father, Joe was snoring with his head resting on the steering wheel. He jerked awaked when Lucy opened the car door.

“Huh?” he said and went back to sleep.

Luna went to the booth and tried to open it because she wanted to check if everything was inside. But when she opened the booth, all the suitcases were piled on top of her suitcase and she had no way of getting it out.

 Feeling desperate, she woke her father up and asked him to help her get out her suitcase from the booth.

Joe woke up and stumbled to the booth and opened the door and tugged at Luna’s suitcase. Since her suitcase was on the bottom, Kim and Joe’s suitcase fell with a big thump on the ground. Kim’s suitcase burst open and a jumble of clothes fell on the ground.

 At that moment, Kim came outside carrying a basket full of food and she shrieked with surprise as she saw all her clothes in the air.

“What,” she thundered. “Happened?”

“Uh” said Joe scratching his head.

“I wanted to check if everything was in my suitcase,” said Luna.

 Kim sighed. “I packed everything inside your suitcase already.”

“What about my diary and my storybooks and my glitter pens and my jacket and my sunglasses and my favourite blue shirt that says Hello Hawaii?”

“I got everything,” sighed Kim again.

“Did you get everything?”

“Yes.”

“Did you get Moo Miao?”

“Yes, I got your toy. Now sit in the car and wait patiently until I get the spare suitcase.

 Kim picked up her clothes from the ground and dusted the soot of it. Luna went to the car. Joe was already at the front seat and he was snoring at the wheel.

 After five minutes Kim came running out wheeling her suitcase, huffing and puffing.

“Oh my,” she said. “We’ll be late for our flight! Get up Joe!”

‘Huh?” said Joe and started the engine.

After half an hour, they reached the airport.

                           🎎🎎🎎

  They boarded their flight just before it took off. Luna searched for her seat and found it right at the back on the plane.

“Passengers are advised to put on their safety belts as we are going to take off soon,” said a calm cool voice throughout the plane.

Luna scrabbled in her seat to find the safety belt and gave it a tug. As soon as she fastened it on, the plane made a loud noise and took off.

 Luna was bored to death. She wished she had a storybook or something to read. Everyone’s suitcase was in the front of the plane including hers. There was a movie going on in the plane. She had already seen it. It was about a Chinese dragon that fell with a girl and then Luna couldn’t remember what happened in the movie. She drifted off to sleep.

 Luna dreamt that an old lady told her she was related to a Chinese soothsayer.

                           🎎🎎🎎

 After about 13 hours, they landed in the Haneda airport in Tokyo, the capital of Japan. They stepped out of the pane with their suitcases and looked around.

“Wow, look at all these busy people,” said Joe, no longer tired as he had a nice good sleep in the plane.

 Luna checked her watch. “Its midnight!” she exclaimed.

“Come, let’s go to our Hotel,” said Kim.

 They climbed into a taxi and fortunately, the taxi driver understood English.

 They reached their hotel in ten minutes and gasped when they saw it. It was filled with bright lights that hurt your eyes when you look at it.

“It’s beautiful!” said Kim.

 They went in and got checked in.

                           🎎🎎🎎

“Isn’t the Igokochinoyoi hotel wonderful?” asked Kim as they entered their room.

“I didn’t know it was called that,” said Luna.

 She inspected the two queen sized beds and the bathroom and the television. And then she took out her diary and took a purple glitter pen and she started to write, stiffing the tip of the purple pen because it had a grape flavoured scent.

                           🎎🎎🎎

After writing in her diary, Luna thought it would be okay to have a little snooze so she snuggled in the queen bed with Moo Miao, her stuffed cow/cat.

 She dreamt that an earthquake was happening in Japan. When she woke up, she remembered nothing of the dream.

                           🎎🎎🎎

In the afternoon, Luna and Kim went to look at some shops. They bought some fish sushi and ate them in some kind of spicy sauce.

 When they went back to the hotel, they heard a news report in the lobby.

“What is he saying?” asked Kim.

The hotel assistant translated it for them.

“What, an earthquake?” said Kim alarmed.

“Oh no, we don’t support that news channel. Its only rubbish,” said the hotel assistant.

“Oh,” said Kim sounding relieved.

                           🎎🎎🎎

At night, Luna had a feeling an earthquake was coming.

In the morning, Luna went up to her parents and said, “We need to leave,”

“Ha ha,” laughed her parents. “Why?”

“There’s an earthquake coming,” said Luna.

‘That stuff is not true,” said Kim.

Luna kept begging and bugging her parents to leave but they kept saying “that stuff if not true”.

 That night, Luna felt the ground shudder. She shuddered to think what would happen if they stayed in Japan.

 In the morning, a policeman came to Luna’s room.

“You have to leave,” he said. “There is an earthquake coming.”

Kim and Joe shouted and rushed around throwing things in their suitcases. Luna’s was already packed in case they needed to make a quick getaway.

 A taxi took them to Haneda airport and boarded the plane. Then, the plane shook violently. Everyone screamed in fright. The calm cool female voice told everyone to calm down. The plane started moving in the runway. The ground broke n half but the plane had already taken off.

 Everyone cheered inside the plane. Luna looked though the window. Buildings were collapsing. Suddenly, she felt numb with shock. She had left Moo Miao on the queen bed!

June 19, 2021 03:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Daniel R. Hayes
15:34 Jun 19, 2021

Hi Kirrtanaa, I thought this was a really great story!! I wish I could go to Japan for a nice vacation, as long as I didn't have to deal with any earthquakes ;) I felt so bad for MOO Miao as it was left behind... You did a great job writing this, and I really enjoyed reading it! :)

Reply

04:45 Jun 20, 2021

Thank you so much, Daniel! I really am grateful for your wonderful comments. :)

Reply

Daniel R. Hayes
05:45 Jun 20, 2021

You're welcome :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.