1 comment

Creative Nonfiction Speculative Friendship

Melloy Hills , The town that look like almost any town of the country . With same roads , same flora and fauna and same climate . But the houses are different . Made by different materials in different shapes even . There are different vehicles too . Cars are in different different colours . 

Weather was gloomy . The sky was so ready to rain . Laura Matthews was walking towards the school . She was nervous . Maybe too nervous than the others . But it wasn't really a problem because she never belonged in the team of " cool kids " . When she went inside the school , the all students were chattering at the all - blue coloured lockers . She went inside the class and sit beside her best friend , Maya in the middle of the class thanking the God she is not in front row . Front and back rows belonged to these " cool kids " anyway . 

Suddenly , Claire stands and went to in Front of the class as teacher wasn't there yet . " Hi guys ! I'm having a party this evening so I kindly invite you all cus ' my parents said you all can " she announced . Whole class started to cheer . " So guys I have a party pass and I'm giving it all of you ok ? Use it as an entrance " she handed passes to everyone . 

" Hii my lady , I don't need really a pass I think " said Zayn with a smirk . Every and each one who was in Springfield high school knew that Zayn has a crush on Claire . It wasn't really prominent she likes him or not . 

" You would really want a pass , Zayn " Claire handed him one and got away , blushing . Others started to laugh . 

" Hey guys " she came to Laura and her friends . " I except to see you guys in my party too , so here's your pass " she handed them over them too . Suddenly her friend , Stephanie raised her voice 

" Seriously Claire , you are inviting them to your party ! ? Seriously I can't believe you ! These nerds ! Ugh ! "

" But my parents said that " 

" listen babe " stand Zayn . " they are not worthy for a party . They are not attractive or rich either . And . And look at Nolan he is not doing any drugs or alcohols . Poor baby doesn't have a girlfriend ! What a pity ? ! " All the other students started to laugh at them " the nerds " They weren't invited to a party as long as Laura can remember . They were rejected from everything . That was one of the reason Laura hates parties . High school is a nightmare sometimes .

" Hey hey listen Zayn " said Aiden his friend . " if you really wanna get the girl ... .Just behave well . It is her party and let her do her thing " in a tired voice .

" ok Aiden . A good point dude " said Zayn and sat at his chair . Nolan felt like killing him before Laura reminded him he is gonna die from the drugs and alcohols they do .

At the cafeteria , " Cool kids " were sitting at " A " table . So our " the nerds " were sitting at another table . 

Maya asked " So we are going to the party right ? " 

Nolan said " yes I'm thinking to go , but idk how to survive there "

Katie exclaimed " do we have to go ? Please all they do is insulting us ! I'm not going there ! "

Maya sighed " see , Claire is a nice girl . It's her house and they are never make a mistake , especially Zayn " she finished with an eye roling . " So you are coming right ? Laura ? " asked she again .

" No I don't think I will " said Laura . she never liked parties anyway . She was naturally shy and all she wanted is to stay at home and read the latest novel by Rick Riodern . 

" But , But we all are going ! You must come too ! " said Jane . 

Maya said " oh just come to party Laura . It is gonna be a fun " 

Katie rolled her eyes " Yeah fun ! Tell me about it " 

Meanwhile at the ' A ' table , Anna asked " Claire , is your parents going somewhere tonight ? I mean the reason to held the party ? "

" Yeah they are going to an art exhibition . You know being a art professor ... " said Claire . 

" what the Fuck her father is an art professor , seriously ? " asked Nolan .

" ah yes they have a personal art gallery at their home . My mom is friends with them . They are really good . " Said Katie .

Maya turned to Laura enthusiastically " see they have an art gallery ! That's your fucking passion ." Said she .

" Yeah but she won't ever "

"Hey believe me " said Maya " she will let you . Beside you can prevent from participating even. "

Laura thought for a moment .

"Ok I'm coming "

In that evening , Laura and her friends went to Claire's home for the party . They only felt a welcome from Claire however . But she didn't get to spend more time with them too . She was too busy in the party .

There was barbecues around the swimming pool . Guests are talking and laughing . Boys were doing some games . Laura and her gang felt left out . Stephanie and Zayn were giving them dirty looks .

" that's why I said we don't have to go " Katie said .

Laura thought the same . " I just had to read about Magnes Chase " 

" Laura just go and ask by Claire about that " Maya said . 

Laura nodded and went for Claire . Suddenly Anna announced " Hey guys , we are going to do a little game here ! Everyone come here ! " So everyone stood around her . 

" So we are going to have a dance battle ! " 

" yeyyyy ! " others cheered . " So now who are coming to the game and rock ? " said Anna loudly . Others came to her enthusiastically . 

Meantime Laura went close to Claire . This will be perfect opportunity to leave this party and these stupid games . 

" Claire I - "

" oh Laura , do you wanna participate in the game ? Go ahead for Anna " Claire gave a slight push to Laura . 

" But I - Claire " But it was too late and Anna already had written her name . Surprised Anna first thought not to . But then she remembered this will be the perfect opportunity to embarrass her . After getting the names , Anna again called out to audience . 

" Hey guys now we have got the names and we are gonna shuffle them so you will get a partner " all cheered for her . 

" Ok ! Luis and Caitlin "

" Ellis and Hanna "

" Laura and Zayn "

Laura and her gang gasped . Zayn rolled his eyes and groaned . Anna gave a wink to her friends . Claire looked at them but said nothing . 

" Ok guys " said Anna . "All you have to do is dance , but if one partner backed up , both of you gonna lose "

" Hey man I'm gonna lose with this fucking girl ! She doesn't know what is the meaning of dancing even lol " complained Zayn . " I'm out of my chances for Claire is going south now " 

" Hey Claire is kind ! She wanna a kind one too . Go participate to the game " said Aiden . " Hey Zayn come here to participate " called Anna with a malicious smile . Everyone came to the dance floor . 

A song started to play . 

" Ok I know you are gonna let down me but at least move your body a bit women " Zayn hissed at Laura . She didn't say anything and sighed . Her gang was cheering for a enthusiastically and others were smirking at them . 

After dancing and dancing for about an hour , Zayn / Laura and Jake / April were the only contestants there left . Zayn was really close to due even. He was that exhausted ! So he decided to stop the dance . 

But suddenly , Zayn felt a thing move by his side . He slowly turned his head . And he saw the most unusual thing . 

LAURA IS DANCING ! ! ? ! 

Yes , Yes she was . She was doing the perfect imitation of Shakira 's dance steps . All people were dumbfounded. Laura 's gang started to cheer for her . Claire did clap too . Others started to clap and cheer reluctantly . Zayn got power to dance again too . But , She danced about full 30 minutes ! 

After being totally exhausted , she stopped . Everyone clapped for her. Anna announced the winners stturing . At least she managed to ask " what present do you want , guys ! " 

Laura said " Claire , can I visit the personal art gallery with my friends , if you don't mind ? "

Claire said " it's ok dear , come this side " she went giving a small smile to Zayn . 

"I think I got what I want " Said Zayn . 

In Monday , Laura went to School . It was the perfect day . A wonderful sunny day ! When she got in to School , she saw Maya and Katie were talking with Claire and Anna . Nolan was playing a card game with Zayn and Aiden . And for her surprise , They greeted her Good Morning .

" Laura do you come and sit here ? " asked Stephanie .

" No I will be here Stephanie , Maya is here too you know . " answered Laura .

" oh ok dear ! " said Stephanie and continued to talk with them .

When they sit , Maya said to Laura " you have became a star , darling "

" we all are , we all were , we will be " said Laura

May 12, 2021 11:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Runii Stark
05:26 May 16, 2021

Stunning ❤

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.