0 comments

Drama Friendship Happy

As a child,Priya was told VIBGYOR are the colours of rainbow. As Priya grew she saw so many colours and shades of people.

You must be wondering what I am talking about. I am talking about Priya's uncle Ray, he is the eldest brother of the family. He has taken care of his 13 siblings, their studies, marriages and everything. He worked very hard in life. [this is colour 1).

One day as a child Priya saw him romancing one of his sisters(this is colour 2). Priya is in my her early 50's but still unable to take this out of her mind.

Mr Ray has a son and a daughter. I remember when he went to USA for an office trip, he bought this huge make-up set for his daughter (this is colour 3). Urvi. When all relatives attended functions or get together, Urvi used to close her room when she used the makeup kit .

Priya's sister who is of Urvi's age went to USA for higher studies and came for a short trip to India to spend her holidays with her family.

She brought a big makeup kit for Priya. Her mom invited all her relatives for a get-together, as Priya's sister came for a holiday. This uncle Ray asked Priya to bring a pen and paper and wrote "this kit is for all aunts, cousins, and Priya" and was sticking it on the kit. (this is color 4).

He was close to Priya's mother and moved closely with Priya. He once came home after a party with his friend late in the night and as Priya opened the door. Kissed her on her lips, hugged her, and asked if she would go with him to his house. (Colour 5)

He has a daughter of Priya's age, Priya is his sister's daughter, he is of Priya's father's age, Priya saw him romancing one of his sisters and he misbehaves with Priya. But still, he is considered as Bheeshmapitamaha of the family as he has taken care of all his siblings (as his father enjoyed his life and property and did not bother much about the family).

Priya married someone she loves not of the same religion, a year later Priya bought a car. Priya went to meet Uncle Ray at his home with her mom in her new car. Uncle Ray whispered something into her ear as we were leaving. He asked, "did you buy a car of your skin color'. He was jealous that his daughter who has married before me has not bought a car as yet. [ this is color 6).

I heard my friend Sruti tell me that once as a child her elder brother was in the room when was taking bath in the bathroom connected to that room and he told her it's ok you can come out naked I am your elder brother. You were born before me bla bla..... she innocently came out listening to his sentimental talk. He stared at her from top to bottom and then the sister slowly felt uncomfortable and ran into the bathroom and asked him to leave the room. (color 7).

My friend Shruti has a younger sister, her brother tried this with her too....... years after they both faced this situation. not knowing whom to tell they both kept it to themselves.

One fine day Shruti's sister asked her did something like this happen to her, shruti said, yes. Then the younger sister said you must have kicked the asshole.

But till today no one discusses this, Shruti and her sister pretend to forget and they both take good care of this brother, and Priya and her mother and all her siblings treat that uncle with respect and love.

But deep inside the wounds are still fresh...... SO let us assume the colors as we are told, let us face life as it comes and understand the colors and take care of ourselves, protect ourselves.

In someone's life, it is a brother, in someone's life it is an uncle and in someone's life, it might be the father.

"I can't believe we are arguing over this " said Priya to her mother , who thinks her brother is a God. Her mother was trying to argue about uncle Ray and defending his case.

This is about Sinthi, Shruti's mother in law. Shruti'smother in law not happy that her son married shruti against her wish pretended to have liked Shruti and spoke sweetly to her. But she instigated her son that she was sure Shruti was seeing some one and her son also must go back to his ex girlfriend who is also married. Stupidity to the core.

It was a just another rainy day, "Shruti went to work". Her husband was at home with his parents. They started feeding unnecessary things into his mind . He found out the phone number of his ex girl friend and called her . She is another fool who was looking for someone to sleep with. Immediately fell in the trap and they both started seeing each other.

Shruti sensed something wrong tracked messages , calls and observed her husbands behaviour and told him exactly what he was doing. Startled and scared he promised he would not repeat. But lust has its own power. It continued until one day Shruti called her husbands girlfriend and her mother and told them about how it is ruining all the lives and she would not leave her husband for anything in life.

All this is created by Shruti's mother in law who had no work to do. This is one color and the other colour is she pretends to be daughter-in-laws friend and well wishes.

PRiya has a friend Indu , she acts as if she is good and innocent. Indu has two daughters going to higher school. She once told Priya, when I am in the same life as Ratan (their colleague) . He did not touch me or kiss me or do anything of that sort.

Priya was surprised, we all use the lift n number of times with our colleagues but we never imagine such things. Priya understood Ratan did something like that and Indu was unable to hide and she wanted to share with someone. (this is another color).

It is not that men are always wrong, women also have so many shares... as we have seen Indu nad we also saw Shruthi's mother in law. Shruti's husbands ex-girlfriend . All these are women with different colours at different times.

A mother need not be a good wife, a good wife need not be a good mother in law, a good son might not be a good brother, a good brother need not be a good father, a good father need not be a good uncle. We must understand that if one color has so many shades, So many colours multiply to have so many shades which makes our life complicated and a struggle. The survival of the fittest, one who comes out pure is lucky.

So colours are not all that we learn............there is more to VIBGYOR.......the grey shares and the Cyan...........

July 02, 2022 06:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.