A Blind First Impression

Submitted into Contest #33 in response to: Write a story about miscommunication.... view prompt

1 comment

General

 Rakshitha & Ishaan where friends from childhood. Their families too know each other. They always back each other under any circumstances. Rakshitha is always too sentimental about their relationship but Ishaan is bit practical.

As years passed Rakshitha

joined an advertisement firm to build her career & Ishaan was still

struggling to find a job , they both are IT graduates. Every morning Ishaan drops and picks Rakshitha from office. He was a well-built & handsome looking young chap. Many of Rakshitha's colleagues had a secret crush over him As Rakshitha's colleagues

know she is possessive about their friendship none of them revealed their interest. But Ishaan has something else in mind. He developed interest for Yazhini who works as a Marketing manger in the firm. Yazhini & Rakshitha here friends too. Since Rakshi found Yazhini bit matured she is not fuzzy if Yazhini talks to Ishaan.

Once Yazhini asks Ishaan..

Yazhini : Ishaan, I have a client meet today at 12 can you drop me over there? My car has gone for service.

Ishaan : Ho ! sure

Yazhini.(Ishaan flying within him)

Meanwhile Rakshitha heard from other colleagues that Yazhini had an affair before & recently she had a break-up.

Rakshitha(while going back home with Ishaan) : “Ishaan, Do you know Yazhini had some other affair & other colleagues don’t have a good opinion about her.

Ishaan : “May be, but she is a good girl as per my opinion. Might be other are jealous about her talents”.

Rakshitha : “ Come on Ishaan, you know her through me & I don’t want you to talk to her hereon”.

Ishaan : “Have your own judgement Rakshi, why are you going with other's opinion?”

However Rakshitha was so adamant & Ishaan couldn’t convince her. Ishaan started meeting Yazhini

without Rakshitha’s knowledge. Ishaan expressed his love for Yazhini & she too accepted.

One day in a Coffee shop when Ishaan & Yazhini met.

Yazhini : “Ishaan, did you tell Rakshitha about our relationship?? ” She is your bestie, right?” But do you know these days she

is not talking to me like before”.

Ishaan : “Yazhini, She asked me to stay in a distance with you. Then how could I tell about our relationship. There is some “MISS COMMUNICATION” about you. So let’s tell her later”.

Ishaan & Rakshitha weren’t besties thereafter.

Ishaan( to Yazhini ) : "Honey, Before expressing our interest to our parents I feel I should have a good offer in hand. What do you say??"

Yazhini: “I was hesitant to tell you this Ishaan. But even I feel the same”.

Ishaan : “ I am attending lot of interviews but( Where she is working as Marketing manger) is looking for a Male Model. Would you be interested to give a try?"

Ishaan : “ That’s interesting!!! "

Yazhini : “You should have your own portfolio, so shall we plan for a photo shoot??”

Ishaan : “Yes baby” ( Ishaan was perplexed and excited).

Though Ishaan was apprehend about his modeling career, he wants to give a try. Ishaan happen to discuss about this to his parents.

Ishaan : " Mom , I wanted give a try in modeling field.Though I am attending few interviews I couldn't crack one".

Mom : " Don't get frustrated my boy. Not necessary that you should get employed with the skill set you acquired. We don't know where luck will favour us". Is it from the Ad agency where your friend Rakshitha is working?

Ishaan " No Mom, I will explain you once i get selected in the audition".

As Mom nodded yes to Ishaan he started his photo shoot & got busy with preparing for the Audition along with Yazhini. Ishaan couldn’t meet Rakshitha at all & the distance hurts her.She feels Yazhini is the reason for all this. 

The audition day came. Rakshitha was surprised to see Ishaan at her office.

Rakshitha : “Ishaan!!! Are you here to meet me??” She was jumping with excitement".

Ishaan: "NO. Rakshi, you have a surprise”, Wait for that".

After sometime Rakshitha came to know about Ishaan taking part in the audition.

Rakshitha : (Went up to Ishaan. He was talking with Yazhini)Ishaan..Ishaan.. (When Ishaan turned to her). What is all this???!! Did you discuss with me before deciding for this audition?? Your qualification doesn’t match this profile . You are a techie guy.. then why this?? Who gave you this idea?!?!

Though Yazhini was witnessing their conversation she refrained herself & gave space for their friendship.

Ishaan: “Rakshiii.. please understand. I will explain you everything in the evening”. Now wish me good

luck( He Laughs).Rakshitha(Grins) : Okay, Give your best.

Finally Ishaan got selected & Rakshitha too came to know that it’s p Yazhini’s plan, She became furious.

Rakshitha went to Ishaan’s house & asked him. 

Ishaan, why didn’t you discuss with me before taking up the audition? You weren’t like this before!!! 

Rakshi, I thought it would be a surprise for you.I told the same to Yazhini too.

Rakshitha : “Why is now Yazhini coming in to picture?? Even after I warned you , you are still getting closer with her. I am anxious to know what you both are up to?”. “Why is she taking decisions

on your behalf???” Is she so important to you than me Ishaan?"

Ishaan : “Rakshi.. please, you are my bestie & will stay as my bestie forever."

"Yazhini is very important for me but in a different way. She is more matured & she too cares for me like you. Just trust Me & try to believe her Rakshi”. “Yazhini has high regards for you Rakshi”.

Rakshitha : “Ho.. My doubt is clear now. Please go ahead , now you have another person to share your good & bad. But you ignored my words. I can never trust her. Anyways, All the best”.

Though Ishaan tries his level best in different situations to change Rakshitha’s mind he failed. Also Rakshitha never gave a chance for Yazhini is get closer with her. She always pretend to her as if nothing happened. 

The shooting of the Advertisement showcasing Ishaan as Male Lead began & Ishaan was receiving lot of appreciation. But his bestie stayed away though she felt happy for him. Whoever spoke ill about Yazhini started looking up to her as she was basking success in her career.

Though Rakshitha too developed a respect for Yazhini , she kept it for herself & stayed away from her as ‘That miss communication were still alive in her mind’ , which Rakshitha valued more than the reality & the present.

Moral: Any relationship will loose it’s glory when we begin to judge people with the miss communication & pre-conceived opinions. We should stop judging people & forming impressions about anyone without know their actual character.


March 16, 2020 08:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Stevie Aldrich
18:29 Mar 26, 2020

A lot of the events and dialogue feel disjointed, happening out of the blue for no reason, and it was hard to follow, the language wasn't smooth. Overall, I enjoyed the idea behind the story. I think reshaping how it's written would make all the difference.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.