0 comments

American Romance Contemporary

Dear Mr. Gonzalez,

Thank you for taking the time to interview me. I feel my skills are a good fit for the position and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Franklin Tours

Mr. Gonzalez,

Thanks for meeting with me. I have a few other offers I am considering. But, if you need someone part-time, let me know.

Petra

Mr. Tours,

Thank you for taking the effort to interview with us. Unfortunately, we have decided to move in another direction and will not be moving forward with your application.

Thank you for your time,

Jon Gonzalez

Dear Ms. Petra,

Thank you for speaking with Mr. Gonzalez on my behalf. I really need this job.

Sincerely,

Franklin Tours

Franklin,

Thanks for covering my shift. I owe ya!

Petra

Petra,

Hey, I appreciate you staying late with me. That was a tough day. I’ll return the favor.

Thank you!

Franklin

Petra,

Thank you so much for picking up table 33. I did not want to see any old co workers… Plus, they were talking about you since they walked in. I hope you got a big tip! $$

Franklin

Thanks for taking up three parking spots asshole, I don’t even know how you managed that.

Franklin,

Thanks for checking in on the apartment over the weekend while Vince and I were away. It was quite the event, I’ll tell ya about it at work.

Thanks again,

Petra

Petra and Vince,

Thanks for dinner guys! I really needed a night out after that fiasco with Steve.

Thanks truly,

Franklin

Petra,

Atlas says thank you for walking him the other day. He’s happy to go on a walk whenever you like!

Thanks,

Franklin

Franklin,

Thanks for the ride man. Vince was going to kill me if I was late again.

Petra

My hero,

I owe you big time for distracting Lori for me. I broke her TV before I left (my bad) so she’ll take any chance to hit me if she runs into me in the city.

Frail Frank

Petra,

Thank you for the chocolate covered strawberries. I am allergic, but you didn’t know that. I know the Secret Santa game can be a tough. I think Dana is re-gifting the bottle I got her. I didn’t know she was sober! :(

Frank

Frank,

Don’t ask me to join for a cycling class again. Good luck using up the rest of that class pack!

Thanks but no thanks,

Petra

Thanks for the drinks cuties! ;*

Big Frank!

Beers are on me next time, I’ll show you the sake bomb!

Pilsner Petra

Petra,

Thanks for listening to me vent last night. Steve is always trying to solution everything, I just need to talk some shit sometimes.

Franklin

Petra-san,

Domo-arigato for teaching me the way of the sake bomb! We’ll need to find a sturdier table for next time.

Frank-kun

Franklin,

That book Etched Whispers was soooo good! I passed it on to my sister, I think she’ll love it too.

Thanks for recommending!

Petra

Franklin and Steve,

Thanks for getting the green tea shots last night! I told Vince he would love them, but he didn’t believe me until you guys came over. That was a crazy night!

I’ve got a new go-to shot!

Petra and Vince

Petra,

I’m OK, just still working through the sad…

Thanks for checking in,

Franklin

Frank,

Thanks for NOTHING. I hope we never meet again Franklin.

Steve

Petra,

Thanks for bringing strawberry short cake ice cream over. I think that was just what I needed to get over this funk. I’ll see you at work tomorrow.

Thank you,

Franklin

Franklin,

Thank you for the coffee this week. You know you don’t have to pick it up everyday! Silly boy…

Full caffeinated Petra

Petra,

Atlas was not ready to meet those girls. Thanks for blocking them while we snuck away. Atlas tried to pull over for a second, but we made it.

Frank and Atlas

Franklin,

Thanks for coming to that party with me. Without Vince I knew everyone would be swarming me with questions. It was good to have some support. And thank you for not drinking, I know that made for a longgggg night. Let me know if you ever need a hot date ;)

Petra

Franklin,

Thanks for just sitting with me. I didn’t really want to talk. It was nice just to have you nearby to watch the water with me.

Petra

Hey Petra,

Thanks so much for the flowers! I was having a rough day and they really made me feel better!

Love ya,

Franklin

Frankyyy!

You know I love chocolate! Everyone at the office stole a piece from the box you sent, so you’ll have to send more… ;)

All the love,

P

Petra,

I had a dream where we went to a party and everyone wanted to steal you away and ignore me. Dream-Petra insisted on bringing me along and even bragged about me! So thank you for the support even in my dreams!

Sleepy Franky

Franky,

I think we came up with a good plan the other day. Bouncing some of those ideas around was helpful and hearing the bad ones out loud helped narrow my focus. I value your input!

Thank you!

P

To my Pet,

Thank you for just being you.

<3

Franklin

Mr. Tours,

This is an official supply request for the Solstice Chocolates that you delivered last month. Please schedule another delivery as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance,

Kliver Office Staff

Kyle,

Thanks for letting me have some time off. There’s some health issues I need to be at home for.

Petra Tours

Petra,

Thank you for staying up all night with me. This bed is made of Legos and keeps me awake. The meds don’t even put me out anymore…

Love,

Franklin

Petra,

I always wondered why you gave me a chance in the first place. I never asked because I like the mystery. Just thank you.

With love always,

Franklin

Franklin Tours,

Thank you for sharing part of a wonderful life with me.

Yours always,

P

August 02, 2024 23:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.