7 comments

Fiction Mystery Suspense

“THUM THUM THUM!” The shadowmen started racing up the stairs, each one of them taking one floor. It sounded as if a whole pack of wolves were set free in the house. As the second one started climbing the stairs, the sound of the chickens filled the room and the man shrieked. Their mom, having no choice, decided to open the small opening and the children had no choice but to follow her in.

The space closed but the door handle was visible from the inside. The dim, yellow light shone in the room and all of them, even their mom, gasped at what they were looking at…. 

It was a beautiful room filled with sparkling stuff. A sparkling, diamond chandelier hung from the luxurious black ceilings and midnight black leather couches lined up on one side of the room. On the other side, all sorts of luxurious and expensive art pieces existed. They were shining bright, maybe brighter than the sun! Then in the middle, a crystal stand stood elegantly. Georgia slowly walked towards it and gasped at the rare and expensive pieces of watches, bracelets, necklaces, and so much more jewelry. 

“Woah, what is this space?” Gemma whispered. 

“I have no idea but it’s definitely beautiful,” Josh replied. 

“Wait, there is a hallway, leading onto another space,” their mom noticed. They didn’t have time to waste and saw that only 1 minute and 30 seconds had passed even though it seemed like an hour had passed.

“We should just stay here until the five minutes is over,” Georgia suggested. 

“No, what if they know this place? What if all of this is theirs?” her mom said in a concerned voice. 

“Oh…” Georgia was actually scared of the dark space and that was why she didn’t want to walk towards the pitch black hallway. 

Just then, the noise of the Shadowman approaching got closer and closer towards the closet. 

“ARE YOU IN HERE, MY BRAVE SOULS?” The Shadowman knocked so hard on the walls that the whole house seemed to shake. Fortunately, they hadn’t figured out how to get in. Georgia frantically looked around in her pocket for the instructions paper and her heart calmed as she felt the paper. 

“Oh no! Go, GO, GOO!” Their mom half screamed, half whispered as she once again pushed all her precious children into the hallway. 

Georgia grabbed her mom’s arm tightly and closed her eyes. Josh and Gemma both ran into the hallway, not knowing exactly what was wrong. Jacob was so scared he didn’t say one word. He was half dragged by his mom. Their legs were tight with tension as they tried their best to run silently.

They ran into another room but this time, it was pitch black. All they knew was that a door closed on them.

“Children, we have to stay quiet. Quiet as an ant. Quiet that they can't hear us,” their mom ordered them to hold hands in a circle and whispered with her shaking voice. 

“Yes mom,” Jacob said. Then followed all the other children. 

“Good,” their mom was satisfied by their quick answers. 

Suddenly, white lights beamed onto two doors. One white and one red. 

“What is this?” Gemma muttered under her breath. 

They all squinted their green eyes and looked at what the door said. 

The white one read, “Save your lost one and go through this again from the beginning”

The red one said, “Don’t save your lost one and get over with this” 

The timer read 1 minute and that was all the time they had. 

“No... “ their mom fell to the floor in disbelief.

“Mom…” Georgia got tears gathering in her eyes and kneeled next to her mom. 

The time was ticking and their mom thought hard and carefully, knowing this was a choice that can change their lives. It seemed as if the Shadowman could break in. The banging was getting louder and louder every second with every member of the Shadowmen gathering. Their mom thought hard. She closed her eyes tightly and finally opened them after about 30 seconds. 

“Children, when I say, one, two, three, we must all hold hands and run into the red door. No matter what, we are staying together as a whole. Once we get back to the table before the lights turn off, we will call the police. Do. You. All. Understand,” their mom said. Her hands were shaking and tears flowed down her face, as she knew it was a 50/50 chance with their lives at risk. 

“Yes, mom,” the children nodded. Her dad was the strict one and her mom was the fun one. Sarcasm was her second language. Even when Georgia got in big trouble from her  dad because of her school grades, her mom comforted her and took her out to get her mood up again. 

But right now, she was a different mom. The fun and sarcastic mom was all gone. The new side of their mom got unleashed. The timer on the door had only 20 seconds left. The banging of the door got louder and louder each second. 

“One,” they all held hands and got ready to run. 

“Two,” They started running and BOOM! The closet door crashed over and sounds of glasses shattering and breaking filled the room. Their loud, booming laughters filled the whole house and rattled the chandelier. 

“THREE! GO!” All of them started running and as the door opened, it was as if they got sucked into the black hole, only that it was a white hole. 

Their hands were forced to get pulled away from each other. They floated in a space with no gravity. They felt like little dandelion seeds floating around in the air on a hot summer day. 

The next thing they knew, they were back in New York, where they had been 2 years ago. They were now holding hands again and looked around in both shock and amazement. The hot atmosphere surrounded their skin and the sound of tourists and taxis filled their ears. Next to their mom, their dad was there, holding her hands tightly as crowds of people filled the streets. 

“We made it,” Georgia muttered in disbelief. 

The rest of them, except her dad, who didn’t know all of this, cried happily with their hearts. However, the happiness and relief only lasted for a minute. Because now it was their job to figure out what was wrong and why they were sent back 2 years ago. 

What happened back here two years ago? Will they figure out the mystery? Who are the Shadowmen? Why are they here? 

Part 4 coming soon! Thanks for all the love :)) 

May 28, 2021 19:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Z. A.
21:46 May 28, 2021

I'm looking forward to part 4. The story gets more and more interesting with every chapter.

Reply

Angelina Jeong
00:56 May 29, 2021

Thank you so much! I love writing because of readers like you :))

Reply

Somegenius Kid
05:59 May 29, 2021

THANKS!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Arthur Alexander
06:54 May 30, 2021

This is soooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood! Can't wait for part 4! XD

Reply

Angelina Jeong
04:47 Jun 02, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Somegenius Kid
06:03 May 29, 2021

HURRY UP AND POST THE NEXT ONE!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Reply

Angelina Jeong
06:04 May 29, 2021

thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.