8 comments

Kids

It was a cold, solemn, bitter day. Well only for most people as Racheal sat there, on the damp, wooden bench. The sky was grey with grief as it seemingly cried into the downpour of rain. Her long brown locks were dripping with the icy tears of the sky as she bitterly cried. Lonely. This was what she was, as all her dreams were no longer anywhere in view. She couldn’t picture herself with a future, just like everyone else. No way out, no last chance, it was all blown to smithereens. 

 Her whole body ached, her would painfully neck click, the few people walking past kept their distance seeing as the unsightly mascara dripping down her pale face stained her clothes. Her cheeks where hollow and her lips cracked and blead, she seemed almost too sorry for comfort, too angry for consolidation and to scared for warmth. Words hurt. She knows almost too well, as the barriers surrounding her shattered aura were left cracked and broken.  

Her tight lips began to open as words flew out of her mouth. She sang a sweet lullaby. Happy, yet filled with sorrow, allowing all her emotions to resurface. Her voice sang not only a lullaby, but a story. The story of her life. “I’m lonely,” her voice strained “cry me to sleep and let my skin bleed.” she sobbed coming to a halt.  

No one would understand her or would ever want to understand the sad story behind her existence, or so she thought. When form behind a lonely looking birch tree someone stood there. Dressed in a light blue hoodie, drenched from head to toe, tears rolled down his pure face as the saltiness hit his rose petal lips. His deep eyes seemed so vast that she grew lost inside them until finally he looked up. Both their teary eyes met, as their hearts, with thorns and daggers, began to intertwine. 

He had dark chestnut hair, which glistened in the icy rain. It dripped down onto his light blue hood, resting on his shoulders. His smile was deeply disturbed, as the corners of his lips tilted upwards. His eyes fixated on her; the tears continued to roll down his face. 

 In his left arm he held an umbrella, white, just like the pure innocence trapped beneath their teary eyes. He held it by his side, as the raindrops continued to cascade down onto his head. The umbrella moved pointing toward the bedazzled girl, her dark chestnut eyes now filled with wonder as she began to pat them dry. Her body moved and acted on its own as she gradually stood up and reached for the umbrella. As if on contact time stopped. He would stare into her almond shaped, chestnut eyes for eternity, as would she too his luscious green, gentile eyes. Her smile was genuine, as she forced the tear droplets to linger within her eyes. Not letting a single droplet run down her face again, as did he. 

Although the rain never did seem to stop, the sun seemed to find a place to settle in their hearts. They both smiled seemingly at nothing, as if mad, smiling in the pelting rain. In the debts of their memory they remembered each other, vaguely enough to be uncertain, yet positive enough to be vaguely sure. In their memories it was warm, ever so warm as she lay on her side, curled up like a baby. His arms where rapped around her waist and the warmth of their legs barely touching made them feel safe. When she’d turn around in her sleep and nuzzle her head next to his, he felt comfort. They were sure yet so unsure that they had found each other, not knowing if they both felt the same.  

They felt warm, as if a bright light shone within them. His green eyes seemed so happy as his eyelashes fluttered up and down. Her cheeks were faintly dusted with pink and her heart seemed to be racing with the boy in front of her, as they both stood under the lightly pigmented umbrella. The white colour was faded so that the raindrops could be seen falling over their heads. It was small, and as his hand brushed against hers their hearts skipped a beat.  

The silence wasn’t awkward, instead they both seemed almost dazed, as they began to walk down a muddy brown path together. Unsure of where they were going, or more so where they longed to be. 

It was dark by now, although the sky was still pelting with rain. The bright moon acted like a torch that lit the path to freedom. They both smiled and genuinely looked at each other, locking eyes. The brown hair boy fidgeted in his pockets revealing a singular pack of honey chips and a mini sized bottle of Dr pepper.  

He sighed as they both sat down on a grassy hill. It overlooked a large lake, which shone in the dazzling moonlight. A growl came from her stomach as she held onto her arm and looked to the side, embarrassed. She felt something cold against her cheek. The packet of crisps, her face turning primrose as she reluctantly took them. Although in this moment they seemed happy, they both desperately wanted to scream their hearts out 

The boy did scream, loudly, in a mixture of anger, sadness, regret, and frustration. Throwing a large stone from off the ground into the murky lake water. He threw it with all his might, letting the long scream of anguish out into the cold night air, and the rock to ripple onto the cold water.  

She joined him, screaming miserably into the cold air, letting all her emotions freely settle within her soul. Tear drops gathered in her eyes as she threw whatever she could into the murky lake, and let it become submerged. Just like her regrets, being slowly washed away until she finally forgets. Although sometimes those regrets may resurface, she wants them to be hidden, deep within the waves. 

They were both crying bitterly, again in the rain. She was pulled into his embrace. Sternly yet softly, he never wanted to let her go. His green eyes weren’t filled with envy at all, because right now he felt as if all he needed was standing right in front of him, rapped within his arms. 

 

May 29, 2020 21:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

Daryl Gravesande
13:48 Jun 01, 2020

I have a new story! Tell me what you think!

Reply

Roxie ...
15:22 Jun 01, 2020

Ok i cant wait to read it!

Reply

Daryl Gravesande
15:51 Jun 01, 2020

Cool!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Daryl Gravesande
22:33 May 29, 2020

Jeez! It seems you're already a TALENTED writer, so I don't see you struggling with dialogue!

Reply

Roxie ...
15:42 May 31, 2020

thank you!! but I literally stayed up till 4am trying to figure out how to wright this. You made me so happy right now though, thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Daryl Gravesande
15:55 May 31, 2020

No prob. I know good work when I see it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jaya Avendel
21:10 Jun 03, 2020

How beautifully you capture imagery and the anguish of the characters. I loved feeling the tears and poignant screams.

Reply

Roxie ...
06:23 Jun 05, 2020

thank you, i'm glad that you liked it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.