0 comments

Fiction Drama

'Where is he?' 

'Sam, over here,' shouted Mike at the top of his voice in a hospital lobby. 

'Is he alright?' Sam came running towards Mike.

'We don't know yet. The doctor told us to wait.'

Sam was breathing heavily due to anxiety.

'Please sit down, Sam.'

'Mike, I knew they were onto something big. But, shooting my son. How low they can be?'

'We know who did it. Police are on the way. We will inform them.'

'No, nobody is going to inform them. Enough is enough. I will take my vengeance,' proclaimed Sam.

'Don't rush to conclusions. Police will take care of it.'

The doctor came out of the emergency room. 

'How is he?' Sam asked the doctor. 

'I am sorry, mister. The blood loss was too much due to multiple bullet wounds. Sorry, we couldn't save him,' informed the doctor without any emotion. 

Tears started rolling out of Sam's eyes. He sat down to take in reality. Only an hour before, he inaugurated the tallest skyscraper of the city built by his construction company. After that, the city council awarded Sam as the best Architect of the town. 

And now this. Sam lost all that he had. 

'Mike, make all the arrangements for the funeral. I will be back by Sunday.'

'Sam, wait. Don't act out of anger. Please think about it carefully. I know your plans with your military friends.'

'I should have acted earlier to save our family. My inaction led to this.'

'Don't blame yourself. We would sort this out the legal way.'

'No, the entire system is on their payroll. I will act my way. You arrange for the funeral, brother.'

'Father would not be happy with this. We come from the lineage of builders. Our seven generation has helped the world with beautiful structures. Don't abandon that heritage, Sam.'

'No, this is it. I am leaving our family business. I will make sure that this city doesn't suffer much. Our forefathers built this city, and now it is my duty to clean it.'

Before Mike can argue with his younger brother, Sam left. 

Mike went home. He informed his father about Sam's decision.

'I knew that from the moment when he lost his wife. Your brother was ready to use his skills as a Navy Seal to eliminate our rival. But, I urged him to stop for the sake of his newborn boy. Now, the rivals took away his son.'

'I warned you when he was eager to join the service. We should have never ever let him join the military.'

'He promised to return to this business. And, he did,' Sam & Mike's dad justified himself.

'Now what?'

'Stay sharp. Increase the number of security guards. There will be repercussions of Sam's future action. Be prepared,' said the old man and drew away from Mike with his robotic wheelchair. The wheelchair was a gift given by the rivals.

They had a violent history. TheMafia backed the rivals, and that made them strong. Both sides suffered casualties. Sam was trying to neutralize that. 

Sam reached the destination where all of them were going to meet. 

'Hey, Cap. How are you holding up?' asked one of Sam's fellow military officers.

'Doing okay. Focusing on one thing only for time being.' 

'Don't worry, Cap. We will not rest until we hunt those sons of guns down.'

'Yes, Cap. We are also tormented by those goons.'

'Listen. We have to be careful. They have law enforcers on their side,' Sam cautioned his seven members of his team. Sam was their commander in the service in Iraq. The team was keen to use their skills gained in Navy Seal by years of training and service.

The loyal soldiers were ready to deliver justice. 

The plan was to neutralize the Mafia from the city. The first phase was to burn down all the cash fronts for illegal business. That included Laundromat, Liquor stores, and other such legal business. Sam divided the location into three groups. 

Sam said, 'The task is simple: Drop C4 using a drone at night. Zero casualties with maximum damage. Zero cash left to operate the next day. This will provoke them and they will rush to retaliate without any proper plan. We will mark them to eliminate them individually.'

'Quite a cold way, Cap?' asked one of the team members.

'Yes, they would have a taste of their own medicine. Be ready. This time, tomorrow night, assemble at your destined location,' ordered Sam.

They separated and went with their routine life.

The team assembled the next night at the predestined location. 

'Okay, boys. These are the five drones that you will need for five locations. I have feed in the location. Just wait for my signal at the warehouse,' instructed Sam to his team. The team was ready to carry out phase one of their plan. 

They separated to reach their location near to cash fronts. 

The city was asleep as it was two hours past midnight. The series of blast sounds replaced the silence. Sam destroyed all of the cash fronts in a matter of seconds. 

The caporegimes were alerted, and they rushed to the cash front with their soldiers. The teammates of Sam marked the soldiers and capon with the help of the drones flying nearby. Everyone including, the police that was inside the perimeter were looking for the suspect on foot. 

The boss of that family woke up to this sudden news of the attack. The entire operation for the next day would be in jeopardy due to lack of cash. He decided to clear out the rivals that he suspected behind this action. Going to the mattresses was on the card. This action would lessen the burden on Sam to clear out the city of the dirt in the system. 

Sam and his team marked the mafia family members and their associates. 

The boss of that family required money, so he decided to visit his other family member in the other state for a loan. He was on the road in an hour with less to none security. Most of his soldiers were busy with the recent attack. 

Sam followed him and took him out with the C4 attached to a drone. 

The news spread, and so did the panic. 

Sam decided to take the rest out after burying his son. 

November 26, 2020 12:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.