4 comments

Fantasy Romance Fiction

Luna stood atop the snow-capped mountain, staggered by the emerald feathers raining from the sky. She was tickled at the thought of the archangel dropping her a sign from heaven. Luna twirled around, catching feathers and stuffing them into her pockets. The sight of the feather storm was nothing short of a miracle.


With a name like Luna Auriga Perez, she had always been drawn toward celestial inspiration. Her affinity for moons, zodiacs, and stars was evident in every piece of jewelry that bore her name. For a long time, she was afraid of taking bold steps, afraid to challenge fate. Now, Luna finally took a leap of faith.


Luna felt a twinge of envy for the mythical creatures she read about in her favorite books. They seemed to have supernatural powers that made them irresistible to their soulmates. Obsessed with legends about magical gemstones that could attract true love, Luna was determined to create her own. She had to catch the eye of her guardian angel, who had dropped her from heaven and those feathers floating from the sky.


With steady hands, Luna placed the garnet, a fiery crystal, on the angel's head as a halo. The ethereal wings fluttered in the sunlight, casting a rainbow of colors across the studio. The delicate emeralds and quartz crystals added depth and light, representing passion, clarity, and purity. Her heart surged as she studied it and started singing "Send Me An Angel."


It was a full moon that night, and she wore the angel necklace to bed. Luna closed her eyes and whispered, "Guardian angel, are you there?"


A green orb appeared as a soft breeze rustled the trees outside her window. Luna gasped at a figure standing before her, an angel bathed in green healing light. His skin glowed underneath a halo. He was draped in long white robes with a green cloak. Striking emerald wings were tucked at his shoulders.


"Luna," the angel said, his voice gentle and soothing. "I am Raphael. What is it that you seek?"


Luna took a deep breath and gathered her thoughts. "I...I just wanted to thank you," she said. "For guiding me to my soulmate and all the magic you will bring into my life."


Raphael smiled, and Luna felt a sense of peace embrace her. "It's my pleasure, Luna," he said. "You have always been a special one, and I am honored to be able to help you on your journey."


Luna looked down at her angel, shimmering in the moonlight. "It's this necklace that will lead me to him," she said, her voice filled with wonder.


"Yes," Raphael said. "The necklace is a divine compass with a special energy that can guide you where you need to be."


Luna nodded. "Thank you," she whispered. "Thank you for everything."


Raphael turned and spread his wings, ready to fly away. "Luna," he said. "Remember, I am always here, watching over you and guiding you on your path."


Was it a piece of jewelry, or did it hold some mystical power? A vision slowly formed in her mind and answered her thoughts. She saw a vast expanse of ocean stretching before her, with a series of remote islands dotting the horizon. But which one was she supposed to go to? Suddenly, she noticed a group of square stone heads popping up from a grassy hillside. Like a divining rod, the necklace was steering her toward her destination. The answer became clear - Easter Island was where she needed to be.


The angel was Luna's compass on a treacherous journey, finally arriving on the remote island. A sunbeam illuminated a figure standing on the beach waiting for her. She heard a voice whisper, "His name is Lucas Martin." Luna's heart was beating faster and faster as she approached the man on the beach. "Lucas?" she called out tentatively.


The figure turned to face her, and Luna felt her breath catch. It was him - the man she had been searching for all this time. "Luna," he said, his voice filled with warmth and relief. "I'm so glad you made it."


Lucas looked stealthy in his military uniform, basking in the sun's glow. He looked like a Greek god, with chiseled features, piercing blue eyes, and a confident smile that weakened her knees. Luna felt a rush of warmth in her chest and knew with certainty that she had never felt like that.


Luna rushed forward to embrace him, and he held her tightly. "I can't believe it," she said, tears streaming down her face. "We both made it here."


"We did," Lucas said, smiling down at her. "And thanks to the angel necklace and those feathers that led us here."


Luna nodded. "I never would have found this place without it," she said.


"And I never would have found you." Lucas grinned and said, "We have a heavenly connection; he rolled up the sleeve of his uniform to reveal a tattoo of the Archangel Raphael. 


The angel necklace sparkled in the sunlight, catching his eye. Lucas couldn't help but feel drawn to her. Their hearts exploded as they kissed, and the world stopped spinning. And in that moment, they were showered with angel feathers falling from the sky, landing on the sand at their feet. They giggled at the sight of the emerald feathers and collected the tufts as a symbol of their eternal love.


Lucas squeezed her hand. "I'm just glad we're together," he said. "We can start a new life, away from all the troubles of the past."


Luna smiled up at him, "Yes," she said. "Our new life. And it's all thanks to the angels."


************

Four Years Later


Lucas gazed at Luna with adoration and asked, "Do you remember the day we first met?"


Luna's eyes sparkled as she replied, "Of course I do. It was destiny that brought us together."


Lucas chuckled and said, "It sure was. I'll never forget how the sun illuminated the beach on Easter Island, guiding me to you."


Luna smiled, placing a hand on her growing belly. "It was a sign that our love was meant to be."


Lucas smiled fondly at Luna and said, "You have a special way of seeing things, my love. I was on a military mission, and nobody knew where I was. But that necklace brought me to you."


Luna nodded, her fingers tracing the delicate angel pendant. "It symbolizes our journey to find each other. And now, we have a little angel of our own on the way."


Lucas leaned in to kiss Luna's forehead tenderly. "I'm so grateful for that journey and you. I can't imagine my life without you."


"Me neither," Luna whispered, her hand resting on his cheek. "I love you, Lucas."


"I love you more," he replied, pulling her into a hug.


**********


"Dear Angels,


I hope this message finds you well. In this week's "Divine Dispatches" issue, we are reminded of the beauty and power of true love. As guardians, we have the privilege to witness countless examples of connection, and we can guide those who seek it by sending them signs and messages of hope. Our presence can provide solace to those who believe in love, and we can even drop feathers as a reminder to be receptive to the soulmate waiting for them. My fellow Angels, may we always strive to spread goodness and kindness in the world and inspire those who seek love.


In addition, please remember to email me a report on this week's feather storm GPS locations by the end of the day.


With infinite blessings,

Raphael

Archangel and Director of Love




February 26, 2024 22:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Cynthia Uzzolino
03:42 Mar 04, 2024

So beautifully written. Your details read soft and luminous. I could see and feel the beauty in what you wrote. 🤍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Leslie Jallans
02:46 Mar 04, 2024

Very clever.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lisa Palermo
02:04 Mar 04, 2024

Loved the ending!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dakota Spellman
01:56 Mar 04, 2024

This is the best story ever. Period.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.