DEFENDING A FRIEND

Submitted into Contest #29 in response to: Write a story about two best friends. ... view prompt

0 comments

General

DEFENDING A FRIEND

     Excited as a young puppy, I was just about to jump into the dancing ring when a hand snatched at my shoulder excitedly and a voice strapped my eardrums anxiously;

   “Mackay! Mackay! Cain is calling you.”

It was a girl called Sweetness talking with lips flipping like bank notes. She was rolling her eyeballs playfully.

   “Where is he?” I asked feigning some interest. However, my heart would have been happier cooling itself in the milk flowing in those white eyes she was rolling about instead.

  “There you!”She said swinging her body sideways; her chest also followed the body with its pair of man-eating swells flopping tantalizingly. My eyes were captivated completely, transfixed on the girl’s swells and god forbid; she saw that. The look of innocence floating in her eyes changed to that of a minx playing at some mischief.

   “I ca...n’t se..e any..one there..” my voice was sticking in my throat. My entire central nervous system was crippled by desire. To worsen matters Sweetness sprang like a she goat coming behind to grab my head and pointed it towards huge grey beech foliage.

   “You are a joker, can’t you see the pig there.”Grabbing my head was abnormal but tolerable, what was pleasurably intolerable was the heat coming from her crotch. It was ‘burning’ the nerve cells in my skin, no; it was consuming the combustible walls of my whole life with a delicious fire. My heart started racing wildly to match the soaring temperatures.

    “Don’t hold me like that…”I said as I grabbed her at the waist level and hauled her to my front, at close range where our body organs could be mapped one to one in a delicious correspondence. The heat from the girl’s crotch was driving my erection crazy. With treasonable speed it jumped hungrily fighting against the trouser cloth imprisoning it.

     Sweetness felt my erection grinding its head against her crotch. Gleefully, she held on to me tightly reducing the distance further and then said; “Go there, that pig is watching what you are doing.”

    “But I am not doing anything...” I protested angrily mainly because I was ashamed that she now knew the problem eating my brains. I reluctantly disengaged myself to go where her finger was pointing. Three yards to the thick foliage, a dark figure peeled itself away from the darkness and blocked my way. It was Cain; he was wearing a long black coat and a big hat for American cowboys.

    “Hello Cain, long time,” I greeted him warmly and extended my hand to pump his. That was a more formal greeting between acquaintances.

     Like the statue of Buddha, Cain stood motionless; glaring at my hand contemptuously as if it was covered with fecal matter. But finally he talked; he had to; that is why he called me there in the first place.

        “Where were you last Saturday afternoon, Mackay?” he asked in a cool menacing voice.

      The Saturday he was referring to was one very few boys in their prime would forget for anything in their life time. For on it, Jenipher, a short brown girl from Cain’s neighborhood had accepted my love proposal after a long struggle. And having nothing else to debate about, we were walking hand in hand into the bush when some idea just came to us like a bolt from the blue.

It was like; “Guys why don’t you try to convert that nice cool shade of the beautiful Mukuyu tree into an open air bedroom. You can etch love memories on your hearts for eternity to come, you know. With the soft earth as mattress and the leaves behaving themselves to qualify as mosquito netting, you can pound each other into a game none of you could easily forget.” The idea sounded marvelous to us and we did exactly as it said.We spent the whole afternoon rolling on the soft earth in each other's arms.

     “I was with Jenipher,” I told him proudly. The thing was still vivid in mine and any mention of it re-awakened the sweetness of the moment.

    “Which Jenipher is this,if i may ask?”I did not notice that with his question he had wiped out a few inches of space between us.

    “The same Jenipher your neighbor…” I never finished my answer he launched his abuse.

    “Mackay!Do you realize that you are an idiot...” he shouted throwing his coat down.

    “Hey check your mouth...” my answer was still floating on my tongue when he grabbed my throat bringing my head close to his for an eyeball to eyeball look-in. His frog shaped nose poured horrible fumes into mine while his dark pupils danced angrily attempting to drill into mine barely an inch away. His grip was tightening and suffocating. It needed breaking before the worst could happen.

     I expertly pushed my arms through to his throat and quickly smashed a knee into his testicles.

    “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...” He wailed in agony and released my neck and held his injured balls with both hands. His cry drew his friends to our fight. These were six heavily muscled boys .Two I could handle not six; that would be asking for trouble, like the one I had inflicted on Cain.

    “Cain, what is the problem?”

   “MacKay, there Mackay…”he was pointing at me.His face was contorted in pain.

    “Mackay what is the problem?”Mulingula asked.

    “I don’t know why,” is said. “He called me here, asked about Jenipher and then he started beating me up.”

   “Ya, he has the right to beat you up if you mess up with his girl,” Mulingula said as he slapped me a stinging slap that you don’t see coming. Tears welled in my eyes.

   “But she is not his girl, she is mine...” my speech was hardly done when the whole bunch of thugs reacted.

    Immediately, I found myself surrounded by six angry figures each flinging a pair of melons aimed at my head .They were anxious to share a piece of me among themselves. Huge wrestler’s muscles bunched up as they circled me around apparently ready to inflict worse bodily harm on me than what I had inflicted on their friend. I was scared because I knew in a street fight some injuries can be fatal.

      But just as I despaired as to what course of action to take, Mastern smashed one boy down and came to join me at the center.

  “It is now five against two, let’s start,” he said as he broke the jaw of another boy with a terrible punch.

    On realizing that I was not alone, I was emboldened as well. I stood up to face the other thug in a one to one tangle. He was still waiting for me to move when I expertly smashed a karate kick into his abdomen. He grunted in pain and dropped to the ground.

    When I checked around for the next opponent, the whole crowd had fled away screaming.

I was alarmed as well, “what is it, Mastern?”I asked my friend who was panting like a tired marathon runner but hurrying about like a maid. He was busy raking the ground looking for something

    Then I heard it, a horrible terrifying groan of someone dying. Mulingula was rolling on the ground badly injured. Mastern had smashed a blow to his skull a bit too much and the poor boy was now battling for dear life.

   “What do we do now Mastern?” I asked worried. “That fellow may die and the police may arrest us.”

   Surprisingly, Mastern was not done beating the dying fellow as yet; he was still looking for a huge stone to smash the skull again. I was horrified when I saw him struggling with a huge boulder which he aimed at the head of Mulingula. With all his strength he hurled it down for a kill.

“Mastern stop nooooo!”I wailed shamelessly.All my anger evaporated replaced by the fear of a police cell.

    Luckily enough Hambinga, my elder brother, had arrived at the scene .On seeing the huge stone in Mastern’s hand he waited until the stone was airborne before rolling the injured boy out of harm’s way. When Mastern realized he had missed the target,he was more furious than a wounded buffalo, but he cooled down when he heard Hambinga’s voice.

  “Hey! Mackay and your friend go home now. Mastern,stop fighting, you are very stupid.”

   “But they were beating my friend,” Mastern was still boiling all over hungry for action.

   “I said go home…” Hambinga growled.

I grabbed Mastern’s hand and pulled him towards home.I felt I had a dependable friend by my side.

 

February 21, 2020 11:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.