0 comments

Holiday

  On New Year’s Eve, there was a princess named Caroline and she loved to celebrate New Year’s Day. She lived in a kingdom, which was called Enchancia. She was seventeen years old and was the oldest of her two siblings. Her brother was called Prince Samuel, who was thirteen years old; and her youngest sister is called Princess Sarah, who is eleven years old. On this particular day, she prepared everything for the royal family to eat. There was collard greens, ham, turkey, macaroni and cheese, stuffing, cranberry juice, turkey gravy, and potato salad. She even made special hats for the entire family and her best friends. Princess Caroline made this her tradition for New Year’s Day, but on New’s Year Eve; they were supposed to tell their stories from the year that’s about to leave, make New Year’s resolutions, singing, and the countdown for New Year’s Day. But this New Year’s Eve was very different than usual. She was waiting for the royal family to come back home, but they didn’t come back at the time that they were supposed to come back to celebrate Caroline’s tradition for New Year’s Day. She eventually received some information on where the royal family was at. She realized that her greatest foe, Shuriki, was trying to kill the royal family and was then going after the rest of the kingdom. This angered Princess Caroline, but she knew what she had to do save Enchancia. She took her royal scepter, which had royal powers when she said a word and concentrated on her scepter. After this, she warned the entire kingdom to go under lockdown; until she came back and defeated their greatest foe in their kingdom. 

  First, she rode her horse to find the location of her royal family; but there was no trace of them at all. She had to hurry and she had no other choice, but to use her scepter. When she said farsight, she saw the location of her family and they were locked up in a prison. They were also beaten harshly and starved because they were royalty. They were mocked at and they had all the ten ten thousand guards at their prison cell. This made her angry and she rode on her trusty horse faster than the wind. She had courage, love for all of her royal subjects, the drive to defeat Shuriki, and the kindness in her heart. She had to get her family home to celebrate New Year’s Day and to save her royal subjects as well. She was being tested after all these years of learning how to rule and how to use her scepter. She had to to defeat her foe once and for all. This time she was going to show her foe that she changed for the better. She’s going to sacrifice everything that she gained throughout her years as being princess. “Don’t worry about my family, I’m coming as fast as a cheetah, along with my magical scepter. Nothing is going to happen to them and I must heed the call.” As the princess finishes her thoughts, she gathered up her best friends, Nicholas, Sarah, and Gabe to help her defeat Shuriki. “We’re right with you, Princess Caroline. That’s what best friends are for,” they all cried in unison. “Then let’s save the royal family,” said the princess. 

   Next, the princess and her best friends prepared for their biggest fight against their foe. They were not going to give up at all. She traumatized them so much that they have the whole kingdom under lockdown. Meanwhile, while they were preparing, Shuriki hypnotized them until they fought against each other. They became her servants and also had to do all of her work. they had to do all of her work. They hated her so much for this because it affected their New Year celebration. They thought that they will never see the new year come in because their foe killed them. They were so sad that they cried, while they were working for their foe without permission. Princess Caroline and her best friends were at Shuriki’s prison and they made their plan. First, they would have to lure the guards into a sleeping spell and keep Shuriki unaware of what’s happening until the royal family escape. After the royal family escape, it’s up to Princess Caroline, Nicholas, Sarah, and Gabe to save their kingdom, royal family, and the subjects. After Nicholas, Sarah, and Gabe the prisoners and freed the royal family, the princess will have a one on one battle, scepter vs wand. 

   Then, Nicolas, Sarah, and Gabe played a musical spell, which made the ten thousand guards fall into a sleeping spell. They had a long way to go to make it to the prison to save the royal family. The princess had practiced a speed spell with her scepter and it worked. They ran up two thousand stairs and they finally made it up to their prison. They all cheered for Princess Caroline and her best friends, but the princess didn’t have time for this. Her family was slowing her down and she needed her friends to escort the royal family to safety. They used the zipline to get them to the ground fast, since Princess Caroline went off by herself to have her battle with Shuriki. It took a while for Shuriki to be found, but she found her and made a surprise blast by saying, “blaze.” The battle has just begun for their fate of the kingdom and their New Year’s celebration. 

  As the battle continued, they went on to advanced levels with the wand and the princess’s scepter. The princess knew that the kingdom relied on her to win. This would be the test that she had prepared for her entire life as a princess. Then, she made a dancing spell go straight for Princess Caroline. She ended up catching the spell, but she danced and blasted her with the scepter at the same time. She danced gracefully and she had great aim with the scepter. She made a spell where the dancing would stop, which it worked. But in order for her to defeat Shuriki, she had to be quick and use the ignite spell, which is stronger the blaze spell. They went on their unicorns and took the battle to the high skies. Princess Caroline was clever and quick, but she was trained with her scepter. Shuriki just wanted to win so she can harm everyone in the kingdom. The princess spoke to her and said, “your time is up, your battle is finished.” She placed the scepter in front of her and commanded the scepter to make her vanish. She sneaked up behind her and she said “ignite” for her to disappear forever and to save the kingdom for good. Princess Caroline won the battle and she raced to find her family and best friends. They waited for her at the end of the zipline, so she used it and did a triple backflip, which ended in a perfect land. Her family thanked her and she made sure that nobody will ever harm the kingdom ever again. After they went back to the kingdom, Princess Caroline announced that the lockdown was over; which gathered everyone for the ceremony. The king gave three medals to Sarah, Gabe, and Nicolas; but to award his daughter, he gave her a sash, a sparkling tiara, passed her exam to rule as Queen of Enchancia, and received a portrait of herself with her best friends. Their portrait was placed in the throne room.

   After the ceremony, everyone came to Princess Caroline’s castle to celebrate New Year’s Eve. They shared stories, sang songs, made new resolutions for the new year, and they had a big feast. The princess served her best dishes and it was loved by her subjects and the royal family. She even had extra hats for the guests that came over and they were all watching TV, playing musical instruments, reading books, and other things. The princess told them to meet them in the living room at 11 PM. They could not be late and the princess spent time with her family, while everyone was having a blast on New Year’s Eve. They played long and hard, but everyone started coming five minutes early so they could tell stories of the year that was about to past. Everyone had a blast, but they only had until 11:57 PM. Soon it was 11:59 PM, which only had 50 seconds to the start of the new year. So they started the countdown: “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year!”



January 03, 2020 03:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.