"Madam Cecilia And Her Ignorance Of Solstice"

Submitted into Contest #99 in response to: Write about the longest day of the year, or a day that never seems to end.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Fiction Inspirational

  “Madam Cecilia And Her Ignorance Of Solstice Days”

  Madam Cecilia was once in the past the Secretary if her town women organization, never you think that I thought much of or impressed by that position as being significant or worth a fucking penny in my estimation, but it means a world to her. I cannot place myself as a joy killer to deny her that happiness. But truly speaking, it is a glorified position.

Those women were so illiterate that you will begin to wonder about madam Cecilia herself. I know you her put two and two together to arrive at correct reason I wonder about nasal Cecilia at times. In case your are still confused, I rate it as case of the bird of the same feathers flocking together or that of one eye lady being queen in the land of blind ladies. If not, what she doing in their midst. 

But nowadays, she seems to have graduated from people’s club women to prayer warrior woman. She had thrown herself into church things that people that knew her from her vanity days were confused and wondering if she was trying to achieve the status of mother may and prophet Elijah. Many were wondering from the way she leads prayers every where she founds herself whether she was planning to go to heaven without dying first. Yep zeal she is manifesting in things of the church even frightens some of the old hands in the prayer world. 

Who can blame them, judging from her vanity life style earlier. All were second guessing her genuineness. They even wonders if she was on discrete mission for one occult group or the other. 

In her past life, she dresses to kill and story circulating around then, she truly have slaughtered many fools. Sent many packing from the city to the village empty handed without qualms. She had also sent many mangers and directors to their early retirement without any trace of guilt. Her maxim is: If a fool falls, the wise throws a party. 

She couldn’t comprehend why the American government sent her idol to prison and bankrupting an empire he spent almost her entire adult life building. 

“This is bullshit” she screams on the day she heard of Madoff’s arrest. 

“well, that is America for you, that type of nonsense can not happen here.” She told those in her circle. 

Nowadays, she dresses in an over flowing gown when others that claims to be normal dresses in an tight they force themselves in to show cleavage. She shakes her head when observing most of the women now. She was wondering why all of a sudden they were plying the route she had been in for 20 years before relinquishing. Is it not a sign of regression? It seems as if they are 20 years down with the pace of present world, using herself as yardstick.

This June morning, she never knew that the weather has changed as light penetrated the windows of her rooms, she opened her eyes, took one look at the bright sky and another at the table clock beside the bed, it showed 2:45am, she took another look at the bright sky and decided that the sky was too bright to lie and table clock too unreliable to be telling the truth. 

She got up made her bed, picked her prayer books and started casting and binding, thinking that it must be around 5:30am. She attributed her tiredness to sleeping late last night.

After praying for 30 minutes, she showered, took her Bible and started heading to the church for the morning mass. She supposed to lead the Rosary before mass starts.

Walking alone on the route to the church, every where were unusually quiet and so bright. She got confused for she usually see others on the route to church every morning. 

“Why am I the only person on this route today?”, She quicken her pace believing that she was late. On getting to the church gate, she found it locked. She knocked and knocked again, the security men their voice full of Anger, sleep, tiredness and demanding to know who it was that were disturbing their peace. 

Madam Cecilia introduced herself and demands to for the gate to be open. When she was reminded that it was only 3:30 and the mass by 6:00am.

Her confusion deepened, they reminded her that rule was that the gate should be open by 5:30 am so, either he stays there until 5:30 or go home and cow by then. 

“You mean I can not even wait inside?”

“woman, the instruction says 5:30 whether you’re standing inside here or outside here.”

Back home, she turned at praying her normal prayers at her own pace. As she lay on the bed bidding for 5:30, she woke around 10:00 am with her prayer book on the clothes she dress on for morning mass. She lay awoke there mopping for another 30 minutes at the ceiling wondering what was wrong with her. She missed morning mass, now she is late for market. She grudgingly prepared for market without enthusiasm. 

At the market, she was reluctant to start the 12:00 Angelus for she doesn’t trust her watch or the weather. Her day has enough drama and confusion that it would be better for another person to remains her. After closing in the evening, she got home late due to the heavy rain that started without warning in the middle of piercing sunshine that prompted some people to fish out their rosaries and started praying seriously and men that were pretending not to be troubled were homing religious songs.

Madam Cecilia got home around 7:00 pm that look like 4:00 pm to her. Showered, are her dinner and brought out her account book. About three hours later, around 11:00pm she put on movie and was so engulfed in it that initially, she did not hear the knocks on her door till it became persistent.

She opened the door and there stood her landlady with two if her sons on each side of her. Behind them stood the daughter. All were glaring at her with a look that can melt all the ice in the arctic. Then the landlady exploded:

“Are you crazy, don’t you know that you have to turn the volume of the TV down, it’s 2:00 am, people wants their God given rest”

“2:00 am?”

“ Yeah, sicko, 2:00 fucking AM.

June 19, 2021 11:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.