You're My Beautiful Introvert

Submitted into Contest #104 in response to: Start your story with a character saying, “Are you coming tonight?”... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Teens & Young Adult Happy

“Are you coming tonight?” is the text that she hoped he wouldn’t send her. Kira tossed and turned in bed restlessly as she thought about tonight’s Valentine’s party at Aaron’s house. She was debating whether to procrastinate as she always does or just give it a try. As she still laid in bed, even though it's midafternoon, she found it incredibly difficult to fight the urge to procrastinate this time, almost as if she really wants to go for tonight’s party. Well, this is indeed surprising because Kira Haiden is the biggest and most typical introvert you can ever meet, with her reserved demeanor and shy personality, and she knows it. Just as our shy introvert here was still pondering with her very own thoughts, her smartphone rang.

“Oh god, why is he calling? Should I answer or should I not?” Apparently, her body was not synchronizing with her mind, because her fingers swiped the green button, giving out a sensuous and soothing male voice. “Hey Kira, are you coming to my house tonight? I'm throwing a Valentine’s party and I was wondering if you’re coming.'' “Oh, his voice is as attractive as him.” “Hello? Kira, you there?” That was all that made Kira snap out of her thoughts and daydreams. “Hello, thanks for inviting me, Aaron, but I'm not quite a party girl.” “Are you sure? I thought that if you come, maybe you can be my date at the party tonight. I would kill to have such a gorgeous girl as my date” “Did he just call me gorgeous and he wants me to be his date? Is this really happening to me?” “Kira, you can hear me right?” “Yeah sorry about that, I can actually hear you. Aaron, I would love to be your date for tonight.” “ Cool, so I’ll pick you up tonight, at seven.”

As she laid her smartphone on her bed, excitement and joy spread through her body like a clear rush of adrenaline. She hopped on her comfy bed, did a little happy dance, laid on her bed whilst cuddling her pillow tightly. Just as that, an alluring and motherly voice broke the chain of excitement, “Kira, it’s almost 4 o’clock, come help yourself to some tea and muffins.” “Coming, mom”, as she raced down the stairs is a weird and clumsy manner, unable to think straight because of pure hunger and also out of blinding excitement.

It was almost 5.30 pm, as Kira rummaged through her massive wooden-carved wardrobe after her bath. “What should I wear? Something simple or colorful? Should I wear red or white?” Her little mug-shaped clock showed that it’s already 5.45 pm. Kira began to choose and match her outfits, not forgetting about jewelry and make-up that would go with the attire. After an intense twenty minutes, she put on a sleeveless red dress that hugged tightly around her curves, falling just above her knees, slightly  revealing her bare neck and shoulders at the top. A slim silver necklace with a pearl charm adorned around her neck, a ring on her finger, completed with pink blush and a shade of red lipstick. Kira stood in front of her mirror, quietly examining how she looked, and slowly began to comb her luscious black locks of hair, gently blow drying it for a sense of freshness.

A truth must be disclosed that Kira is indeed your perfect lady, with her drop-dead gorgeous looks, beautiful personality and brilliant intelligence. It’s just that she doesn't bother about it too much or really prioritize it. Well, we already know why. By the time she grabbed her black sling bag and headed downstairs, it was already 6.50 pm. “Mom, I'm going to the Valentine's party at Aaron’s house, and I’ll have dinner there. Love you!” “Alright sweetheart, have fun” came her mother’s voice from the kitchen. Kira headed out and quickly put on her black heels that hadn't been touched for five months. She took a quick glance at her phone and it was 6.55 pm. “Wow, in five minutes, I'm going to a party with Aaron Mathias, my crush since junior high.”

“Hey, ready for some party?”, the exact sensuous voice followed by a few car honks shocked Kira as a small squeal escaped from her lips. There he was, Aaron Mathias in a white shirt, buttoned halfway, leaving a glimpse of his muscular chest, the sleeves neatly folded up just below his elbow, showcasing his toned biceps. His  outfit was matched with black jeans and black sneakers. Kira was left in shock, as he walked towards her after parking his Audi A7. I mean who wouldn't, the guy is absolutely drool worthy and insanely hot. “Well, I wasn't wrong when I called you gorgeous, you have no idea of how hot you look, Kira”, as he extended his hand to her. Kira’s cheeks turned pink quickly as she couldn't  control herself from blushing. “Thanks Aaron, you look good in white”, as she held his hand. “Gosh, thanks, you’re the only one who thinks I look good in white”, smiling cutely as he talked. “We don’t want to be running late, so shall we?” “Yes, of course” As the sun begins to set, indicating the start of an evening, both of them walk together towards the car. 

“So, you told me that you’re not really a party girl, why is that?” “I don’t know, it’s kind of my preference. You like parties, don't you?” “Yes, I do, I love parties because it's a blast of fun, music and people. Trust me, you’re going to love parties too.” Kira just nodded her head and smiled, but her mind was busy thinking how to socialize when she indeed is not a naturally social butterfly but on the other hand, he is one. They talked about food, games and movies for the rest of their car ride. Apparently, Aaron and Kira share a lot in common. At exactly 7.30 pm, they pulled up in front of Aaron’s house. The double storey house was undeniably beautiful and unique with its very own flower garden reaching just a few inches from the gate. As she walked into the house, Kira was greeted by a slim and sweet-looking lady, “Hello darling, you must be Kira. Nice to meet you, I'm Mrs. Mathias, Aaron’s mother” “Hello, nice to meet you too” “The party will start in fifteen minutes, you can have something to drink”, said Mrs. Mathias and quickly rushed towards the kitchen to get more food.

Just as Kira was pouring herself a glass of Coke,  a strong scent of strawberry whiffed past her causing her to look up from her glass. “Well, well, well, who do we have here? It’s our very own shy mouse, Kira Haiden. I'm surprised that you’re here, considering you don’t get invited to parties like this. Dear Kira, you’re only invited to this Valentine’s party if you have a date, which I assume you don’t. So, what are you doing here, trespassing?” All of you might be wondering who this is, so allow me to introduce the drama queen and snobbiest person ever, Zemira Veringrane. Tears formed in Kira's eyes but she quickly blinked them away,  as Zemira sashayed away with her two best friends, Mia and Lyra. Just as Kira was about to give up and leave, she was pulled away by Aaron, “Hey, party has started, shall we dance?” Surprisingly, Kira’s hesitance escaped, as she placed her arms around Aaron’s neck and his strong arms around her waist, smiling and gazing into each other’s eyes, silently wondering what the other one was thinking. Before you knew it they were dancing to melodious instrumental music.

“Hey, you’re doing amazing. It’s always fine to try something new, even if you’re a little shy. Are you okay so far?”, Aaron whispered in her ears causing her to shudder slightly. “Yeah, I'm fine.”, a tiny smile played across her face as they continued dancing. “Hello everyone, it’s a pleasure to have each and every one of you here for this party, the food and drinks are ready, and the garden is open. Music is also playing in the garden, feel free to dance there if you need some fresh air and surroundings and wishing all of you a very happy Valentine’s day. Cheers!”. Everyone raised their glasses for the toast, and continued dancing, some of them went to the garden area while some were talking. “Hey, do you want to go to the garden area? It's kind of stuffy here.” “Sure.” Kira walked willingly as Aaron took her to the picturesque garden, it almost looked like the ones you only find in fairytales. As they were in the garden, a strong scent of strawberry filled the air around them.

Filled with distraction as the scent was too strong, there stood Zemira, holding her glass of juice calmly while a nasty and annoyed look painted her face. “Aaron, I thought you were going to dance with me. Seems like you are with the wrong girl”, she smirked as she eyed Kira with disgust. “Actually, Zemira, I am with the right girl. Kira is my date for tonight’s party and I asked her myself. Where is your date?” “I can’t believe this! You picked such a weak, shy and voiceless mouse to be your valentine date?” Soon, everyone stopped dancing and came to where they were standing to see what the commotion was about. Clearly unable to control her frustration and agony, Zemira splashed her glass of juice right on Kira’s face and stomped away to leave the party, the sound of her heels echoing through the now quiet surrounding. Too shocked to move, Kira stood there as she felt everyone's eyes on her, unable to digest what had happened. Suddenly, there it was, feelings of embarrassment, shock, pain and sadness rushed through her veins as Kira dashed into the house to the kitchen. Everyone resumed dancing, some were gossiping, some were making jokes about the incident. The quiet surrounding returned vibrant and loud just like how it was in the beginning.

There she stood at the kitchen sink, tears spilling out from eyes as she washed her face and hopping for her dress to dry so she could leave this disastrous place. “Kira?” She slowly turned to see Aaron with some tissues as he walked towards her. “Hey, I'm really sorry. It’s not your fault, some people are just immature and just can't accept the truth sometimes. Zemira is definitely one of them. She didn't even tell me she wanted me as her date. I wouldn't bring her as my date anyways, that spoiled brat. Please don't cry Kira, I’ll do anything to make you smile again”, as he gently wiped her eyes and flustered cheeks. “See, this is why I don’t like parties. I'm shy and scared of socializing, and even if I try, it just doesn't go smoothly. Zemira is right, I am a shy mouse. No one likes a shy and reserved person. You could just pick Zemira as your date”, tears frantically falling from her eyes. Kira turned away and just as she wanted to leave and get back to her calm bedroom at home, she was pulled back gently.

He looked into her teary eyes and held both her hands, slightly rubbing it with his thumbs to soothe her shivering body. “I like everything about you Kira, especially your shy and reserved side. I had always liked you for who you are and how you are. I just didn't have the courage to tell you that I actually like you. I want you to know that I’ll always be there for you because I love you. I love you Kira Haiden.” Kira stood there, shocked and perplexed by Aaron’s confession. She smiled with ecstasy as she immediately hugged him tightly, “I love you too, Aaron Mathias.” The feeling of embarrassment and sadness were instantly replaced by happiness and joy, as she wiped her teary eyes and face. As they pulled away from the hug, he gently caressed and cupped her pink cheeks. A look of pure confusion crossed Kira’s face but to her shock, he slowly and ever so calmly leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. It was so passionate that Kira felt like all the weight from her shoulders had been lifted miraculously.

“You’re my beautiful introvert. Will you be mine?” Her cheeks blushed a bright shade of pink and only managed to laugh a little. “Yes, I will be yours.” He smiled to himself while she couldn’t stop giggling . By now, they didn't realize that time didn't wait for them. As she glanced at the clock in the kitchen, “It’s already 9.45 pm. I should get going, will you drop me home?” “Sure, I’ll just inform my mom that I'm dropping you off” After they said their goodbyes and collected their belongings, Aaron and Kira once again got into the Audi A7. “So babe, you like parties now?, smirking as he asked her. “I mean it’s not as bad as I expected it to be, even though I got splashed right in my face. Hold on, did you just call me babe?”, she asked in a rushed and slightly shocked tone. “Yes, I did”, smirking again as he enjoyed the blushed look on her face. Stunned and partially blushing, Kira just agreed to keep quiet for the rest of the car ride, afraid she might blurt out something stupid, as she studied his handsome face every now and then.

After nearly fifteen minutes, they pulled up in front of Kira’s house. “Hey, I wanted to ask if you’re free tomorrow? Maybe we could go get some ice cream? It’s fine if you’re busy.” “You mean you want to take me out? Like a typical date?”, smiling cheerily as she noticed that he was slightly going red with shyness. “Yeah, like a date. How about at five in the evening? I’ll pick you up” “Yeah, that sounds awesome. See you tomorrow at five”, as she playfully winked at him. Just as she reached for the handle to open the car door, she turned and gently pulled his arm. Her fingers slowly traced his face and stopped at his neck, gently pulling him in as she looked into his calm blue eyes. A soft laugh left her lips as she kissed him softly. “I love you. Bye babe”, as she grabbed her sling bag and got out of the car. Gushing to himself, he managed to moan a goodbye as he watched her walk into her house. 

July 26, 2021 11:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.