0 comments

General

“Oh, Thank goodness, I just finished my draft copy of my first novel. It took so long to finish, now it’s ready for proof reading and publishing” gasped Meera who was an amateur writer and this was her first book. “The reincarnation”. A tale about a disturbed soul which finds peace. A curious and a suspense novel which would really make the readers nail biting approach to reach the climax. Meera was happy that her long time novel had a dramatic end. Now it was ready the draft copy had to be sent for proof reading to edit the grammar and fine tune the text. She gathered her copy and was about to leave her phone rang. To her surprise it was her friend Keerthy was on the other end. “Hai, Keerthy, What a surprise, it’s been ages since you have called, did you find time to remember me and call up”. “Just relax Meera, I always remembered you but I was so busy in my work I didn’t have time to call you”. “Oh, its ok Keerthy at least now you found time to call me” Meera replied with sarcasm in her tone. That didn’t bother Keerthy much, she continued,” Hey, Meera, just chill , I’m hosting a grand party at my residence, I have invited many of my college friends and well known personalities from all walks of life are being invited. Hence I want you to join my party.” Oh, gosh keerthy, I’m overwhelmed, you want my simple presence in such fully fledged celebrity gathering. Do you really think I would fit in there?” “Yes , you stupid, I know that you are writer and you one most creative person among all of us, Just remember how you would entertain us with your fantastic stories, those thrilling , fiction , suspense , romance filled stories , simply superb, I feel you have to attend such parties so that your ideas are printed and published”. “I’m inviting some famous writers through whom you can put your ideas into a book format”. “If you say so then I will definitely attend your party, Keerthy”. Meera put down her phone and recollected her flash back memories, how keerthy, her head weight, arrogance and her attitude were disliked by many, yet her rich parenthood attracted many.

Meera dress up in blue chiffon with simple makeup and a few designer jewellery to match her outfit. She was a beautiful young lady; she didn’t have to much overdo her dressing. She reached the venue and was greeted by Keerthy. She found all her college mates who had studied with her. She felt really happy to meet them. “Hey, Meera, this is my secretary, Sheena, she is working with me past many years and one talented woman like you, she always reminds me of you Meera”. “Can you just guide her with her write up, she has just started writing and she needs your guidance”. “Keerthy, you know I’m also sailing in the same boat like Sheena, how you expect an amateur to guide another one”. “No, Meera, I know how talented you are and I cannot beg those professional writers to guide my secretary, hence it’s a request from a friend to another “.Oh god, now don’t be so overdramatic I will help her out”. “Sheena, you can call me whenever you are free I will guide you “. Every one enjoyed the party and Meera returned home with a tiring soul.

The next day Meera was busy to send her draft copy for proof reading her phone rang trrrring. Sheena was on the other side,” Hello Meera m’am, it’s me Sheena, Can I come to meet you now, Are you free”. Meera was a bit annoyed for being disturbed yet she responded politely, “No Sheena, I m busy right now can you just come in the evening”. “Oh, ok Ma’m I will meet you in the evening”. Meera then sent a draft copy for proof reading and then she finished her lunch and took a midday nap to refresh herself. In the evening Sheena arrived, “Good evening Ma’m “. “ Come in Sheena, will you have some coffee” so saying she offered coffee to Sheena. “Now tell me Sheena what help do you want,” Sheena explained her write up it was a simple love story which had no twists and turns in it. Meera helped her out in correcting the loop holes of her writing. This continued for many days and finally her write up was flawless and perfect. Sheena thanked Meera” Thanks ma’m for your support it was a pleasure learning from such an excellent writer”. “Oh, Sheena, you are embarrassing me this was just a small help”. Sheena gave a small gift of appreciation and left. Meera’s novel returned from proof reading. She was very happy to send it for publishing. The next day she was about to leave to the publisher’s office. He phone rang again with a trrring sound. The person on the other end was her neighbour Juhie “Hey Meera, just switch on your TV set, you will find a surprise “Meera switched on her TV, she was taken aback, shocked she looked at the screen. Keerthy on the screen with a book in her hand which read “Reincarnation” by, Keerthy Ahluwalia. Meera couldn’t control herself she collapsed on the floor. She just couldn’t believe her eyes, Keerthy had backstabbed her friendship. She had stolen Meera’s debut novel which was ready for publishing. “Oh, God, now I understand the reason for sending Sheena to seek my advice. It was just a crooked plan to grab my story, how could a vixen change into a swan, It’s my folly that I believed her”. Keerthy had planned everything to steal Meera’s best writing to label her name on it. Tears rolled down Meera’s eyes for being such an emotional fool for believing that friends are always to be relied upon. Keerthy had backstabbed Meera by stealing her best work. Meera wanted to prove the world that she is the original writer of the novel " The Reincarnation". Hence she made up her mind to teach a lesson to her dear friend. She had a relative who was a media person and she requested him for a press meet on the book published by Keerthy. Keerthy was invited , though she had stolen Meera's writing , she arrived with pomp. Meera did'nt utter a word. Along with the media there was a huge audience who had collected there. Meera with a loud voice exclaimed " Congratulations my dear friend for publishing the novel . Its one of the best I suppose. Can you tell me the story is based on which famous queen of India". Keerthy was flabbergasted the story was a steal she had'nt even read a word of the novel written by Meera. Keerthy had no answer, with a shame she accepted defeat and cried hard for stealing her friend's work. Everyone applauded Meera for her best writing . Keerthy's head bent with shame for deceiving her own friend. Finally Meera exclaimed " Keerthy, you need to know this , the story is based on the brave queen of India Rani Padmavathi who fought against the cruel and wicked Khilji".

June 19, 2020 18:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.